We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FLATLINE control by Rus Andrews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all

Just a quick note that my Flatline control is now released.

It's a control of a card with no control
No moves or sleight of hand
Pure brute misdirection.

Bold deception at it's best.

http://www.deceptionartist.com/flatline.cfm

Best

R
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
I have a few review copies available to give away.

Those interested shoot me an email

Russel@deceptionartist.com

All the best

R
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
This is bold, it's blunt and it's very, very cheeky but if you're the sort of performer who can command an audience you will have no problem performing this and getting away with it.
The simplest control you'll ever learn but that doesn't mean it's easy - bring a nice big pair of balls with you and you'll do well with it, the first time you get away with it you will probably wet yourself laughing inside.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
This control is very very good. So bold, but so effective. You are a genius Rus Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
When you start in magic, there are several things that you think don't seem right. when executing a DL you think there is no way the spectator isn't going to notice that, the more you perform you realise no they are not going to notice. If you perform a top change half the battle is being confident that it is going to be fine. flatline appears to me to be in a very similar area.
if you get this watch the attached movie first before you doing anything else, don't even look at the PDF. make up your mind and then read the instructions.

Rus, you are a very naughty boy
David
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

Firstly thanks for all your comments regarding this mad control, this was a challenge I set myself awhile back to create a card control that used NO MOVES, I see card controls being released all the time and yes they look great with fancy swirling cards and amazingly quick sleights……. BUT

What ever happened to using brute misdirection, the magician/performers most useful tool in this art?

This is what I wanted to achieve with this, a control that used NO MOVES, NO FANCY SLEIGHTS, NO DOUBLES.

MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Great job Mr. Andrews! I love this. I've always been a sucker for the pure balls moves and effects. I can't wait to have fun performing this Smile

And this is something that WILL be fun to perform. This is also quite heavily based on psychology. Which is another thing I love. Basically I'm trying to say that I love this "control" and I will be using it.....I will probably use it in about 5 minutes for a group of magic friends. Can't wait to see how well this goes over.
Andrew Csirmaz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Andrew Csirmaz
Ok, I have to tell you, this control is hilarious! It must be so much fun to perform it, I want to do it right away. Now this control really is a challenge, but this makes it fun. It is rare to see such bold deception nowadays. Indeed there are countless methods out there for controling a card, but this solution is fabulous! Highly recommended for workers, to have fun with it.
Rus, I bet you feel awesome every time you do this! Smile

Cheers!
Andrew
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5521 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well I must say- I can only mirror what others are saying here. I just viewed the video and read the pdf and just sat here shaking my head while grinning. This is not for the meak, but as it is stated- BOLD IS BEAUTIFUL! It's almost refreshing in a sense to know what you can accomplish with NO sleights. Hats off to you Rus! Slowly changing the direction of magic with some of your work! Another great buy for the price. You guys and gals have to check this out.

RNK
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

Thanks again for the feedback guys, I think the hardest part about this control is actually keeping a straight face once you get away with it……..

I remember the first time I did it, I just wanted to burst into laughter as I couldn’t believe I had gotten away with something so IN THEIR FACE, but when I went back and thought about what I had just done, maybe it’s this reason that it worked so well and was just not seen.

You know the saying “IT WAS STARING AT YOU IN THE FACE” yet you don’t see it?

I have a whole project I'm working on spiralling around this plot and hope to bring to you very soon

Anyone else wanting to get their mits on flatline its available here:
http://www.deceptionartist.com

All the best

R
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
I did this control for two people. One was a magician one was a layman. It completely flew by the layman. And when I performed it for the magician, he didn't know what hit him! He was SO fooled!! I love this.
davidleiper
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of davidleiper
Picked this up today. Very nice Rus!

Putting this to use tonight will certainly challenge my "testicular fortitude!"

You mention James Brown in the credits; this is certainly something I could see him doing- misdirection at it's best.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5521 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-03-01 13:20, davidleiper wrote:

Putting this to use tonight will certainly challenge my "testicular fortitude!"

LOL!!!!!!! So true though.....
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Lol big balls, maximum impact!

Trust me when you do this and get away with it you will feel like you achieved a major goal.

R
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I have to mirror what everyone else is saying.

I have viewed the pdf and am ready to road test it tonight to 2 magician friends.

cant wait.

this is short, simple, and sweet.

when I released mental communicator, it is a bit jazz mentalism, but a bit bold, since you could be wrong, but this fits right up my alley

great job rus

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
What can I say! I love your style Rus!!

As soon as I saw the video I was like, 'Oh no, he didn't just do what I think he did, did he?' Sweet!!

Good jobs!

Ben
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
I have to say "very sweet". First, I couldn´t believe what I saw. C´mon, YOU CAN´T GET ANY BOLDER! Smile
fantastic!
kiki
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

Once again thanks to everyone for all your comments regarding this crazy control, glad people like it and are willing to have a crack at using a magicians best friend MISDIRECTION….

Play with the psychology behind this and you will open doors to stuff you never thought possible.

This is available for a couple more days at:
http://www.DeceptionArtist.com

All the best

R
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
958 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Snap this one up while it's still available.

Great thinking again Rus.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
If you do this right it could be a good one to do for magicians, it's goes so far that it's not what they will be thinking.

thanks for this Rus, I could see some people not knowing what to do with this but get over it and blow people away!

as it is a control it can be used anywhere you need something done with a card so it's really versatile, no extra props or anything, you just need to do it

those internal laughing moments keep doing tricks fresh, good fun to perform
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FLATLINE control by Rus Andrews (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL