The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Larry Jennings' The Cardwright (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sublime80
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of sublime80
Hi
I was wondering if some one would be able to give me some more info on this book . I have done a search on here and couldn't find much also looked on google but came up with very little as well .. So I was wondering is the book worth getting , I like Larry's books and have the classic magic of and Jennings 67
thanks
diablotazzman
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of diablotazzman
You can see the index and some comments here

http://magicref.tripod.com/booksjr/maxwe......ight.htm

I read there is a 3 books project about Larry Jennings that will be ready in this 2012???
sublime80
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of sublime80
Thanks for the link ... looks like it might be worth checking out . The three books your on about are Jennings 67 Jennings takes it easy and Jennings takes it hard . I have heard Jenning's takes it easy is out this year but what I can find out it has been coming out every year for about ten years now .. hopefully this year it will
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Larry Jennings homepage http://www.larryjennings.com/
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
diablotazzman
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of diablotazzman
sublime80
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of sublime80
Thanks for the links . I seen it on abebooks and that's why I was thinking about getting it . but I couldn't really find any reviews on the book. So I was hoping that some one here that had the book could give me their views on it
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6016 Posts

Profile of motown
I have the Cardwright. The material isn't as strong as The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings. And personally, I wouldn't pay $125 for it. Abe Books' prices tend to be on the high side. If it's still available, you may want to get Up in Smoke, which was written by Bill Goodwin.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Exactly how the material was selected for The Cardwright is a mystery to me. It's an underwhelming book, and it doesn't help that things are often incorrectly described, or described without the important details.

If you are a fan of Larry Jennings, you need to own the book. But I think you can get it for $50 if you keep looking. Some of the mis-described material will be fixed in my upcoming books.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6016 Posts

Profile of motown
When will that be Richard? This year perhaps?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
sublime80
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of sublime80
Thanks for the reply guys . I think I will leave this book for now . Smoke and mirrors looks like is still in shops for around £20 so I think I will check that out and wait for the new book to come out . I would also like to know if the book is planned to come out this year
Akal Singh
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Akal Singh
Hey Sublime80, Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. Haven't been on here for a while.

I started a trick-by-trick review of "The Cardwright." Generally, I would agree with Mr. Kaufman (who the heck wouldn't?!) that the book is "underwhelming." My review has details on the first third of the tricks. Hope it helps in some way:
http://thaumaturgicalthoughts.blogspot.c......esults=1
sublime80
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of sublime80
Thanks for the post , very nice review , I think I will pass on this book for now
Pierre Emmanuel
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pierre Emmanuel
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 02:58, Akal Singh wrote:
Hey Sublime80, Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. Haven't been on here for a while.

I started a trick-by-trick review of "The Cardwright." Generally, I would agree with Mr. Kaufman (who the heck wouldn't?!) that the book is "underwhelming." My review has details on the first third of the tricks. Hope it helps in some way:
http://thaumaturgicalthoughts.blogspot.c......esults=1

1/20 for Jenning's favorite ? Come on .. 2 years ago, that same trick created the buzz under the name 'Numero Uno' (H.Lorrayne) and people died for getting the explanation.

The method presented here is excellent, and I think you have to see it live to appreciate the impact. It is definetly a reputation maker. Note that M.Ammar put it on a Easy to Master DVD, and you can see the performance on youtube.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
"Mr. Jennings Takes It Easy" will be published later this year. Text is all clean and synched with the photos.
rodrigez
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of rodrigez
Looks like I will have to dig out this one again and look the „favorite“ up.
Holo, Lucky Coin and more: www.gedankenkunst.com/Shop.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Larry Jennings' The Cardwright (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL