The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Solitary by Cameron Francis - Paper Crane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This just got a really nie review in Genii. Funnily enough, he actually mentions how the coin hold is very innocent and above suspicion. So there! Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Grampa Wizard
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Grampa Wizard
Can't believe all these people got so bent out of shape over the familiarity/unfamiliarity of a coin holder! Cameron is right. Five seconds should do it. And the object itself is so simple and examinable and clearly not gimmicked. Sounds like some folks don't have anything better to do than worry and fret over problems that don't exist.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

FOr those that own this: Had an idea the other day. Really don't know why I never thought of it before! Okay, so if you do the signed coin version where you open the holder, rather than ripping all of the staples and opening it completely, only rip open the one staple and bend back the flaps so that the coin is sticking half way out of the coin holder. Hand the spectator the coin hold and have them remove the coin the rest of the way. You do this the same way you would do the other version. Just don't open it all the way. It looks great.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I'm sorry to say, while I love other Cameron Francis effects, such as Corner & Exposure, I really don't like this one. I was a coin collector as a child, so I thought I would love this one. however, after getting it and working with it a bit, I just can't wrap my head around it from a spectator's perspective. First, the coin holder is meaningless to people. Second, you can't give out a truly signed coin sealed in the holder. Third, somehow magicians think that any garbage they give to the spectator is going to be a treasured souvenir. A torn coin holder is NOT a souvenir. An untorn coin holder is NOT a souvenir. Sorry, but this effect doesn't work for me. I haven't given up on it completely. Before getting it, I thought there would be a really cool way to get a signed coin into a sealed coin holder. I was dissapointed in what I received. I do think there is a way to do the effect right. I think it will require a bit of prep and another gimmick to facilitate the coin going in and then sealing the holder, something a bit like the coin nesting boxes concept, but with a sealed coin holder.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Hey, Karl, that's cool. Not everything is going to be to everyone's liking. BTW, if you do come up with a solution to the sealed coin holder problem, please let me know. Every solution I have come up with has fallen short and I myself would LOVE a great solution to the problem.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 03:38, karljohnson wrote:
I'm sorry to say, while I love other Cameron Francis effects, such as Corner & Exposure, I really don't like this one. I was a coin collector as a child, so I thought I would love this one. however, after getting it and working with it a bit, I just can't wrap my head around it from a spectator's perspective. First, the coin holder is meaningless to people. Second, you can't give out a truly signed coin sealed in the holder. Third, somehow magicians think that any garbage they give to the spectator is going to be a treasured souvenir. A torn coin holder is NOT a souvenir. An untorn coin holder is NOT a souvenir. Sorry, but this effect doesn't work for me. I haven't given up on it completely. Before getting it, I thought there would be a really cool way to get a signed coin into a sealed coin holder. I was dissapointed in what I received. I do think there is a way to do the effect right. I think it will require a bit of prep and another gimmick to facilitate the coin going in and then sealing the holder, something a bit like the coin nesting boxes concept, but with a sealed coin holder.
i have to agree. I had pretty much the same reaction.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Solitary by Cameron Francis - Paper Crane (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL