The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bending Pennies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Could someone recommend a good routine for bending pennies please? I got the bent pennies, just need the routine now:)

Thanks

Wayne Smile
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Bent Cent by Ray Koenig is quite good (but it probably won't work with the coins you've already bent). It's included in Kenton Knepper's booklet, An Enchanted Evening.

I also recommend the Xpert Coin Bending routine on my site (a free bonus routine for owners of The Xpert), but you knew I was going to say that, didn't you?

When you reach 50 posts, you'll find a more detailed discussion in the Inner Thoughts section (including some great thoughts by Greg Arce and others).
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
463 Posts

Profile of rgranville
There's one on the first volume of Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Money Miracles. And if you have Neil Tobin's XPert, you can get a wonderful penny bending routine from his website.
Smile
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
So has no one had experience using the quantum bender?
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Greetings!

Strange how I started a thread on this subject, and a day later, another appears.I guess it's the "Multiplying Threads" trick!
That's what you get when you cross "multiplying balls" with the "Gypsy Thread" !

I know Jeff and Eugene would find it amusing...Now you know why bi-polars need medication!

Cheers,

J.Warrens
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
That's easy for you to say!

Jack Shalom
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
I use quantum bender and talk about chi... I have this story about chi and energy then proceed to bend thier marked coin, gets great reaction
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Bill Goldman has a nice routine in his "Bar and Grill" series Issue Number 7. Essentially the coin is held by a volunteer then the hands of another volunteer cover the first person's clasped hands, then a third volunteer covers both sets of hands. Obviously, the volunteer holding the coin will feel his hand getting "warmer" since it's covered with two other sets of hands.

You will have to read the notes to get the rest of the routine, but there are some wonderful ideas in every set of his "Bar and Grill" notes. You ought to buy them all.

Bill's website where you can check it out is
http://www.bgmagic.com/

Yours,

Scott Wells
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks, all. Great ideas. Smile
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Hi, can any one tell me the name of the site in the UK that sells the gimmicked pliers for bending coins?

A while ago it came up in the Café and I visited it. However now I can't find it after searching for ages.
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
For an anytime, anyplace, anywhere coin-bend routine, please check out marc Paul’s mind2mind DVD. Highly recommended.

Good luck.

hmk
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
A great set of coin bending pliers can be found at http://www.tophatmagic.com.
magicbouy
View Profile
New user
Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of magicbouy
Although there are many reasons to use X-pert, quantum bender and many other marketed effects, I still find the best effect can be achieved using a simple switch combined with the suggestion ideas from Kenton and Jermay. Just my two pennies worth!
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Couple of quick words to start: shuttle pass and goshman pinch. From there bend any coin.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Ray Koenig's Bent Cent rocks! You will need something to make your own pennies, but if you can get a copy of "An Enchanted Evening", the method is given in there. Smile
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
With all due respect to Magicbouy and Actorscotty, if you're doing coin bending, your audience will always suspect a switch (especially if they know you as a magician rather than as a mentalist). I humbly submit that if you can disprove this presumption (which some of the other methods allow you to do), your presentation will be far more powerful in the eyes of the public.

Best,

Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I have used Xpert for a while, and it has mixed results with the people I use it with. Some still suspect a switch although they can't explain the "marked" coin as being the only bent one.

I would like to try the Quantum bender, but I can't justify the price..
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I will say Marky does do a good job with his routine!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
I think Bent Cent is very inexpensive, devious and practical (IF you can "act").

But once you've seen Osterlind's own penny bend, nothing else looks nearly as convincing! Smile
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Osterlind's coin bend is one of the best routines I ever saw. And while I also agree on bent cent with Adolphus, IMO the closest effect I know to Osterlind's bent coin is PKOIN (in which a regular coin can be signed once or twice and then bent in full view with no apparatus at all!).
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bending Pennies (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL