The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » For those into Leather ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Hope,this question will make sense?

Is there a good way to age leather with a old look,and still keep it soft? (As in a strap)

I love a good joke,but this is not for bondage...
:)

Thanks!

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Chew on it, Gary! Seriously. . .then treat it with some mink oil.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 13:48, afinemesh wrote:
Chew on it, Gary! Seriously. . .then treat it with some mink oil.

Thanks, Jorey!

I'll have to think about that one...
But,I will get back to you! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
You could use some rough sandpaper on it and, depending on the cut of the leather, sand it either by hand or mechanically. You can also take it to some cinder blocks by whipping the snot out of it to give it a random distressing look. Different coloring can be achieved through the same coffee or tea practices used to age paper, but you'd need to soak it much longer to penetrate the leather. Good luck!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks, David!
I have some distressed Harley Jackets! They look good from a distance,but up close,you can see how the color is faded out to let a white under laying show through!
I will have to try a few things!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Can't you sacrifice one your jackets then, and have the strap cut out of it? then you just age the sides...
I've asked to be banned
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 16:28, IAIN wrote:
Can't you sacrifice one your jackets then, and have the strap cut out of it? then you just age the sides...

That is a Great idea! I will do that!
Thanks so much!!!

Gary
MissMage
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of MissMage
NOOOOO!!!!
You finally have a wonderfully worn in leather jacket, and you're gonna sacrifice it for an aged looking strap?!?

If you want to soften and age leather, just use warm water and saddle soap and scrub it, then rinse good, let dry, then treat with something like neats foot oil or leather balm. Depending on how aged you want it, just scrub harder with something more abrasive. For a little, use a nylon scrubber or brush for dishes, for serious wear and tear use a rough bristle brush or brillo pad (think more for cleaning a grill).

Please, please, please don't destroy your jacket. Old leather jackets are awesome.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
All depends on the style!

I'm not a fan of the traditional looking biker jacket... though I do have some lovely 60s and 70s leather and suede jackets (the collars and pockets are beautifully cracked and beaten)...

destroy your jacket!
I've asked to be banned
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 18:33, MissMage wrote:

Please, please, please don't destroy your jacket. Old leather jackets are awesome.

Thank you MissMage! My last post was SARCASM...

Any who,I do not want to get a big Strawberry on skin...if I crash and burn! Smile

And,thank you for your suggesstions!

Gary
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Lightweight...

suffer for your art!
I've asked to be banned
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2012-03-03 18:37, IAIN wrote:

I'm not a fan of the traditional looking biker jacket... though I do have some lovely 60s and 70s leather and suede jackets (the collars and pockets are beautifully cracked and beaten)...

Do you have a Motorcycle too?
Or,just the jackets...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Nah, mine are more 60s/70s cop show style jackets...
I've asked to be banned
MissMage
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of MissMage
What is this for anyways?

And Iain is right about one thing... you should suffer for your art. So send me the leather jacket, get the road rash, and impress the babes with your gnarly scars while you practice your sleight of hand.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 19:27, MissMage wrote:

I bet its for a steampunk gimp-suit...
I've asked to be banned
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2012-03-03 19:38, IAIN wrote:
Quote:

Yep,that would be it!
What's a gimp?
Come on Bro,come up with something worth my reading!

This Lightweight at least rides a Harley!
We will get you a bicycle with training wheels to start with!

And Iain,I have seen movies with those guys,that just wear leather and not ride!
If,you are stalking me,I don't swing that way! Smile

And,MissMage,you would be the first to get my jacket!
Just to P-Off Iain! lol
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
In adding old straps to a certain box, I ordered some old horseback riding reigns off of eBay for $2 some weeks back for authenticity worn leather. Once I'm done I'll post some pics of the result.
Bob
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 23:14, Intrepid wrote:
In adding old straps to a certain box, I ordered some old horseback riding reigns off of eBay for $2 some weeks back for authenticity worn leather. Once I'm done I'll post some pics of the result.

Thanks for trying to be helpful on this thread! Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I don't think I can improve on what's already going on here, except to say, welcome MissMage. Always nice when the ladies visit! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 19:38, IAIN wrote:
Quote:

I like you man, yer way stranger than I thought.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » For those into Leather ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL