The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Problem with Cardini's Single Card Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xslider
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xslider
I have a major problem with this, even after watching the McBride video. Everytime I pull with my thumb, the cards slips from my first and second finger. I don't want to go into further details, but some help would be greatly appreciated.

A.K.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
This is much practice. Try and bring back your index as far as you can and bring it back as fast as you can. Might work, if not try putting the cards deeper in bp and try that.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
You can actually slide the card right out of BP position with little movement of the index finger at all. When you move your index finger, put downwards pressure on the card which is sliding through—this holds the rest in position for you to get your index finger back into the correct BP position.
xslider
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xslider
Kevin, is it better to do it that way? Or is it easier than the method shown in AoCM?
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
It is more deceptive the way Kevin explained.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
It's a personal opinion, but since there is less movement of the index finger in the method I explained above, it makes the move more effective—as DJ Trix pointed out.

Kevin
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Don't try to pull the card with thumb far enough to insert your thumb. Pull just enough to "riffle" through the packet until you arrive at the next card to be produced. The riffle should be done in one quick motion and leave your thumb in contact with the last card. Then force and insert the thumb in preparation for production. And with any card manipulation, strengthening hand muscles comes with practice.

Remember, the fact that the packet springs loose of the first and second finger doesn't indicate you are doing this wrong. It may indicate finger muscles need strengthening and training in holding cards this way.

Whenever practicing this move I often wonder how he ever came up with it. A genius I suppose.
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
I agree with Randy, you have to keep your thumb on the card but intact with the second card holding them together, until you can pull your index finger back enough to hold the rest of the cards in back palm position. Just practice and you'll get the hang of it.

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
xslider
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xslider
Thanks for all the feedback. I jsut realized, that when I do the singles, I actually should let go of the pinky a little, and the singles come out much easier. Before, I was gripping like crazy, and it messes up the timing. Do you guys do the same thing? Or do you keep constant pressure with the pinky throughout?
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I let go with the pinky a little, but then regrip quickly.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
I don't let go with the pinky at all. I merely release a little bit of pressure, and use the thumb to pull it totally free of the rest, the index finger moving up and around the released card. How many can you all bp with standard cards?
La magie, c'est ma vie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Problem with Cardini's Single Card Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL