The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which memorized deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Stacked deck, Memorized deck,

If you guys are looking for stunning EFFECTS and not METHODS, you should seriously concider the Breakthrough (if you don't already have it).

It is impossible to detect, (you could acually give out the deck as a souvenir!)and it is very easy to learn.
I got it yesterday (maybe I'm little late, it has been on the market for a while Smile )

I spent a couple of hours with it, and am quite comfortable with the handling.
You also get 5 stunning routines with it.

Recommended.
Sven
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I definitely agree with getting Richard Osterlind's book (especially the 20th anniversary edition of "Breakthrough Card System" or his second L&L video), but you can perform the effects in there with any memorized deck.

A true memorized deck offers a little more flexibility. Two memorized deck tricks I do often are Simon Aronson's "Invisible Card" and David Harkey's/Eric Anderson's "OutSmart", which cannot be done using the Osterlind system.

Osterlind's Breakthrough Card System, while great, only allows you to know which card is next. As it is a cyclical stack, there really is no "first" or "last" card.

Granted, if you used it long enough, you could establish a first and last card, and know every position in it. As Richard Osterlind describes it in the book, though, that generally won't work.

Having said that, if you do any kind of stack work or memorized deck work, get the Osterlind book (or better yet, all of his new L&L videos, including #2 which focuses on Breakthrough) for the effects. They're great.

My favorite would have to be the Blackjack demonstration (the secret to which Richard Osterlind himself tipped somewhere here on the Café!).
medaca
View Profile
New user
france
37 Posts

Profile of medaca
The Six Hour Memorized deck. Smile
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
I received MindSights last week and learned the stack very quickly. It is intuitive, and this really helps. The "slow" part for me is getting the suits - the card value is a breeze.

Doug's take on the Magic Square is also the easiest I've seen and allows for producing the completed square in far less time than it should take to write the numbers (!).

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Aronson
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Six hour works for me. I really had an easy time learning it. (More than 6 hours though).
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
Quote:
On 2003-09-26 17:45, magicbygeorge wrote:
Why not look into the Aronson Stack by Simon Aronson?

Kindest Regards,
-George Tait

In which of his books is it explained? Not sure if I have it.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Simon gives full details on his stack and how to memorize it in his book: "Bound to Please." In addition, there are several excellent effects which can be performed with his stack in the book. (Some of the effects can be performed with other memorized stacks as well.)

It's true that the routines that Richard Osterlind has developed for his Breakthrough Card System are excellent. Truly mind boggling, in fact. However, the routines can also be done with a memorized deck. I recommend the new Osterlind DVD's from L & L very highly. Lots of great magic performed and explained by one of magic's best.

Another source for memorized deck effects is my articles in the Ezine Smoke and Mirrors. The November issue which will be out in a few days has my 14th contribution on the topic. If you can't get the back issues, let me know and I'll be happy to help. If you don't subscribe, you should. For one thing, it's free.

Dennis Loomis
http://www.loomismagic.com
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
burgerinc
View Profile
Regular user
Sin City
196 Posts

Profile of burgerinc
I am really enjoying the possiblilites of the lolita system by Docc Hilford.
Murfmind
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Murfmind
I second the six hour memorized deck but as someone said it takes a little more than six hours to be fast at it. My favorite effect is the one on Osterlind's dvd concerning the two cards in the pocket. Just a killer effect. I believe it goes back to Chan Canasta. Murf Ps also the Zen Master effect is killer and doing math with a repeated cutting of the deck really isn't that difficult. That's why God invented practice.
balcazar
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of balcazar
Richard Osterlind's "Breakthrough Card System"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Which memorized deck? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL