The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Mystery Performers Collection, Vol 1. eBook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
GDGrey
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of GDGrey
There is some very unusual and clever thinking in this book. That much abused term "outside the box" really does apply here. You get some fantastic effects but also fantastic concepts.

As an MPer, I'm not impartial either - lots of my good friends and mentors feature in this volume. But I paid full price for the book without blagging, LOL. And many of those effects sold as standalone would merit the price! This collection will broaden your horizons Smile
PredictionTech and other apps for Android smartphones: http://kernow.me/
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I can't even get an invite, so I guess I'll just stick to performing and readings, instead of reading about it.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Sorry to derail - but, seriously...if you can't spend the time to read through a form properly from start to finish - that's not MPs problem...yes I am being blunt, but...well...there you go! its the truth!

especially when you're going to be using a free, non-googleable private forum full of interesting stuff...the compromise is simple...if someone invites you to apply for membership (so therefore you cannot 'get invited', you are either invited or not!) then have the grace and patience to fulfill your side of the bargain too...*gets off high-horse*

not had chance to read my copy yet - really like what luke did for the cover though...and look forward to reading it soon...
I've asked to be banned
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Dave, Iain - Thanks dragging this out Smile
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2012-03-06 07:33, tctahoe wrote:
I can't even get an invite, so I guess I'll just stick to performing and readings, instead of reading about it.

TC, I am a member. I hereby invite you. Kannon too.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On 2012-03-06 09:59, ElliottB wrote:

TC, I am a member. I hereby invite you. Kannon too.

Rockstar Smile
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2012-03-06 06:31, David Thiel wrote:
I understand your feelings. But, without meaning to sound rude -- if you don't want to fill out a form, then don't. If answering a few questions to prove that you have a working knowledge of mentalism annoys you -- don't answer them. We are all free to make our choices.

As Iain said -- MP isn't for everyone. It's not supposed to be. The Café isn't for everyone either.

Can we get back to discussions about the book now? Pretty please?

David

Seconded!

I'm a MP member and I agree that if you don't present your bona fides, why should they let you in? There's a lot of good stuff there and the freedom to speak your mind. The membership committee has to be sure you can be trusted with that freedom and the responsibilities it brings.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Please gentleman, let's move on.

TC Tahoe, you received an email from us today BEFORE your post here regarding your previous application so I don't see the need to post more negativity. I sent you an email stating that you needed to register with your real name for your application to be processed and again you signed up with the same username. Usually I would post this privately but you posted publicly. Therefore I have no choice but to respond here.

Guys, I can't believe all of this is over shadowing such a great eBook that so many members have donated time to create. Dave just started a thread about it and for some reason this has all turned ugly.

In order to get this thread back on track, the next 3 people who PM me will receive a review copy (shudder). All I ask is that you take the time to honestly review it here on this thread. Slag it off or give it praise, just be honest. We don't pay for advertising here but the thread was not started by me, and these copies are being offered free of charge. I feel the need to do this so that hopefully everyone can move on and focus on Dave's original post. If the mods at the magic Café take issue with this I am sure that they will delete the thread and any review posts that follow.

So get going with the PMs and include your full name and email address. I will be up for 30 minutes.

Tick tock.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
All done. Thanks everyone.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
I am a member, the form was worth filling out. I will be looking into this book, the material within sounds excellent!

Pete
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2012-03-06 10:33, Sid Helkule wrote:
Guys, I can't believe all of this is over shadowing such a great eBook that so many members have donated time to create. Dave just started a thread about it and for some reason this has all turned ugly.

I apologize for my part in all this; my comment was really just intended to be a funny aside.

I really do think the book looks cool. There are several names that I automatically want to read their routines because I know how good their stuff is and there is also a couple routines that I am particularly interested in based on the title (which isn't much to go on, but when it's surrounded by all of the other names it has some good credibility IMO).

I look forward to the reviews.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Hey Guys,

Pardon me for jumping in here ... Is the e-Book available to non-members?

Arthur Stead
http://www.arthurstead.com
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes, it is available to all.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Many thanks, Bob ... will check it out!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Wow.

I picked this up this morning and have just put it down. Simply one of the best eBook compendiums available anywhere. You'll read routines that you'll absolutely use...and the ones you don't use you'll learn from. Fresh thinking, outstanding creativity. This is the best eBook of the year (well...except for that one Magic Pendulums put out. Ahem) with ideas and routines from performers who are out there working in the real world.

If I'd known you guys were this smart I would have been nicer to you.

:)

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
I agree David. Almost finished reading now. Great material.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Looking forward to picking a copy up fellas...

Thanks for all the hard work...

for real.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
ESP HandJive by Mark Robertson is going into my act right from the start.

This manuscript is full of not only good routines but the thinking behind them and the routining is of a differnent level than most of the manuscripts I read. One can learn much from this.

I hope to add more of what I get from this to this post as time is short and I am busy but saw this post and wanted to say that it is worth more than the asking.

ESP HandJive may be nothing for you, but for me...as an opener-I have a winner! It fits in well with who I am and how I perform.

For now,

Scott M
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I'm just gonna to say it:

I can't wait for Mauricio Jaramillo's first book to come out.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
MarkRobertson
View Profile
New user
Lincoln, NE
51 Posts

Profile of MarkRobertson
Scott, ESP Hand Jive is not for everyone, but I am thrilled that you can use it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Mystery Performers Collection, Vol 1. eBook (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL