The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Tru test - nathan kranzo anyone? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of elierfr
Hi,

Can it be done with a French magazine ?

Thanks
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-04-25 12:47, elierfr wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

No.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Lads whats the craic? Since I'm from Ireland I wonder what size magazine are we looking at here? Hate the get it and not be able to find a suitable sized magazine...I dunno would National Geographic or typical men's health magazines be viable or are we talking specific magazines here?

Sound!

Pete
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2012-04-25 10:39, johncesta wrote:
Today could be my day for tru test. It is my birthday! Should I go for it?

Tap your mouse once for yes, twice for "perhaps. "

John it would be an honor to wish you a happy Birthday...lol

Seriously now is a good time. : )

if you have any questions. nathankranzo@gmail.com

Thanks guys!

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2012-04-25 10:25, shomemagic wrote:
I just watched WPR and congratulations on worker of the week...Its on my to get list now.

thanks so much!
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2012-04-25 13:27, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-25 12:47, elierfr wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

LOL. Thanks for helping BOB. : )

No.

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2012-04-25 15:06, Pete Legend wrote:
Lads whats the craic? Since I'm from Ireland I wonder what size magazine are we looking at here? Hate the get it and not be able to find a suitable sized magazine...I dunno would National Geographic or typical men's health magazines be viable or are we talking specific magazines here?

Sound!

Pete

I don't have either on hand but I have used a National Geographic before. I did the torn version and it was great!

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Interfector
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Interfector
Hello ..

I have a question .

Can it be performed with any language magazine or it must be in English only ?
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Anas~

Thanks for the question!

AT THIS TIME it is only available in English. But I may be persuaded to have it printed in other languages. : )

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
bertietonks
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of bertietonks
Tru test flipping rocks. I have been using final flashback now for many years and still think the multiple layers it provides helps to set a really strong peice. When I recieved my Tru Test I was very impressed with the quality of both the supplied sprinkles of magic and the construct of the act as provided by Nate. Being a magazine makes it feel so much more organic than a book, simple, direct and very strong mentalism in a lightweight format.

I would recommend this for what its worth and the price I think is very respectible given its potential application.

Bertie
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
For a slightly different perspective you might want to read this: http://mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/3061
I have Tru-test and have not performed it for some of the reasons listed.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I have just received my Tru Test.
And have just read the review at the link Richard posted.

There are some typos in the instructions yes. And as these are the names of people we all know, if only by name,this is a bad oversight.
The second "negative point" in the review is absolutely, completely wrong!
He mentions something is missing from where it should be. It's not.
He says that even if it were there (which it is) it's the wrong thing. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PROPERLY.
What he's talking about is actually a secondary effect, not part of the main effect. And it works as it should. Bad reviewing there.

Another complaint is that the person can't pick ANY word on the page. We all know an expensive book test that has the same limitation.
Next; you need a piece of information in order to know the word. We all know an expensive etc. etc. etc.....
Grammar is another complaint. Here there is some validity in his review and if someone were to read the whole page things would seem somewhat odd.

There are ways of preventing them from reading the whole page.
Gert them to rip up the page until they only have a small piece
Get one person to close there eyes and draw a circle on the page. The next person finds a word in the circle.
If you want to re-use the page, get a business card with a hole in it. Ask them to close their eyes and slide the card over the page and stop when they want. "Now open your eyes and find a word that shows through the hole"
Or use their wedding ring. Like Banachek, only without a gimmick.

I would be more upset if there were typos in the actual words, but I haven't had it long enough to check that yet.

None of the things listed in that review would stop me from performing this

steve
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
As a little add-on to my previous post I've been a little naughty.

One of the complaints was that there was a spot where a space was omitted between two of the words on the Tru Test page.

In my post above I also omitted a space on the third line of text, just to see if it caused any problems. Anyone spot it?
In regard to the complaint about typos, I also put in a typo on line 13.

Any other mistakes you find are not deliberate just me being stupid Smile

Steve
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
LOL

Thanks Steve!

My latest release the Tru Test just recieved a great review at About.com http://magic.about.com/od/mentalism/a/Re......st_2.htm

KranzoMagic.com
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Ha Steve nicely done Smile I've used my MOAB probadly close to 700-800 times if not more in a host of different envirnoments. Depending on the situation I would not hesitate to use Nathan's tru-test in it's place. Using a well know magazine has it's obvious perks when performing such an effect. I have both MOAB and MOAB 2.0 and both get fantastic reactions and I know when I use the tru-test that it will get the same fantastic reactions plus as a bonus I can leave the magazine on stage, in the crowd or wherever. Typo's and incorrect spacing may be a slight annoyance to some ( I didn't notice a thing) but in real world performing situations it wont be a problem. I recommend it highly. Great work and very fast shipping, got here to Ireland in something like 3 working days...unreal! Smile
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Yes really fast shipping.
I ordered on 26th and it arrived here in Holland on 2nd

I ordered stuff a week earlier that hasn't shown up yet

Steve
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-04-18 08:15, Mindpro wrote:
The offensive part is that he called and perceived it as a "trick". I would have been upset as well. If they see it as a trick you aren't doing it justice in your performance, or you are a magician performing it as magic, rather than mentalism which this is supposed to be.

I got more out of that paragraph than most books I've read.

THANK YOU!

Clarke
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2012-05-02 17:47, steveline wrote:
Yes really fast shipping.
I ordered on 26th and it arrived here in Holland on 2nd

I ordered stuff a week earlier that hasn't shown up yet

Steve

Thanks so much for the kind Comments Steve!!!

I hope you are enjoying it!!

Don't forget to see the special this month.

http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/product......all-time

KranzoMagic.com
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
I thought I'd give some feedback on Tru test. First of all, kudos to Nathan for taking this idea to a modern level/application. It was certainly waiting for this to happen. It was such a surprise, that within the day I had shared many handling ideas and other magazine inventions/thoughts with him as I felt a real connection with his thinking. I'll tell you straight out that this has become a favorite effect overnight for me. Regardless of people's complaints about the small, unfortunate "imperfections", there is a unique thing that happens with Tru test that never happens with books and you are really missing out if you dismiss it. Nobody seems to question a thing and you can just see the difference right away. I'm not trying to turn this comment into a "well, it's all about how you manage spectators" type thing. I get it. I'm simply conveying that handling out a couple CURRENT issues of magazines takes a test to a very interesting level. I already do impromptu and memorized tests, but this direct test is a no brainer. This is the point. They sit around in everyday situations, they are light to carry(HUGE), etc. It's as close as you are going to get to real mind reading in a everyday setting for me.

To share my approach: I ask someone to choose a magazine. I use another and openly turn the pages slowly until they say stop. In my case, I show the page to be what it is and instruct the other spectator to turn their magazine to this page that they have chosen. I have them hold the magazine they originally picked (Time in this case) up so no-one else can really see and point anywhere on the page. When they do, I say think of any substantial word there and shut the magazine. (I like saying substantial because it implies "meaning" and "large" vs. being so direct with "large"). I recap that they had several magazines to choose from, hundreds of pages to chose from, thousands of words on each page and they pointed anywhere they wanted... then thought of a word anywhere near where they pointed. It does not get more fair and direct. I reveal the word in a variety of interesting ways.... how do you beat this? I'll also mention I did this last night doing mingling entertainment at a Safe and Sober Grad night for 600 kids. It kills when done intimately (strolling) and I find this more powerful than on stage. It could be my interactive style, but this is ridiculous fun. As awesome as they may be for some, I really could care less about the numerous other Trutest effects that you can do from tearing down to a small piece or having them read a few words, I simply love that I can do something as insanely direct as I explained.

I'll also mention I got his lecture with my order and watched half yesterday. I'm very glad to have connected with him and peeked inside his wacky head. If you want to pass on this effect because of a few negative comments from others- Perfect. Thank you for not saturating the market. I want this for myself!!
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I won this a couple of weeks ago and will be performing and filming a performance or two this week, I really like it...

it's just so clean and when you do it right it's perfect

... I can explain more in a video of course Smile
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Tru test - nathan kranzo anyone? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL