The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Tru test - nathan kranzo anyone? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
bertietonks
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of bertietonks
Nate

I'm still singing your praises on this one buddy. I like your thoughts about creating a new look version to help increase the versatility around your the useage of your test, particularly when a client might be around for a second run performance and you would like to guide them through a slightly different presentation for example the imagery.

Bertie
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2864 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Thank you Bertie!

You hit the nail on the head man.

I use this in almost every single show I do and It always kills. Using it with a Rolling Stone Magazine a lot lately.

All the best,

Kranzo

Watch a demo!
http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/product......all-time
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
I saw this done over the weekend and it really killed.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2864 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On 2012-06-16 12:03, Rich Ferguson wrote:
I thought I'd give some feedback on Tru test. First of all, kudos to Nathan for taking this idea to a modern level/application. It was certainly waiting for this to happen. It was such a surprise, that within the day I had shared many handling ideas and other magazine inventions/thoughts with him as I felt a real connection with his thinking. I'll tell you straight out that this has become a favorite effect overnight for me. Regardless of people's complaints about the small, unfortunate "imperfections", there is a unique thing that happens with Tru test that never happens with books and you are really missing out if you dismiss it. Nobody seems to question a thing and you can just see the difference right away. I'm not trying to turn this comment into a "well, it's all about how you manage spectators" type thing. I get it. I'm simply conveying that handling out a couple CURRENT issues of magazines takes a test to a very interesting level. I already do impromptu and memorized tests, but this direct test is a no brainer. This is the point. They sit around in everyday situations, they are light to carry(HUGE), etc. It's as close as you are going to get to real mind reading in a everyday setting for me.

To share my approach: I ask someone to choose a magazine. I use another and openly turn the pages slowly until they say stop. In my case, I show the page to be what it is and instruct the other spectator to turn their magazine to this page that they have chosen. I have them hold the magazine they originally picked (Time in this case) up so no-one else can really see and point anywhere on the page. When they do, I say think of any substantial word there and shut the magazine. (I like saying substantial because it implies "meaning" and "large" vs. being so direct with "large"). I recap that they had several magazines to choose from, hundreds of pages to chose from, thousands of words on each page and they pointed anywhere they wanted... then thought of a word anywhere near where they pointed. It does not get more fair and direct. I reveal the word in a variety of interesting ways.... how do you beat this? I'll also mention I did this last night doing mingling entertainment at a Safe and Sober Grad night for 600 kids. It kills when done intimately (strolling) and I find this more powerful than on stage. It could be my interactive style, but this is ridiculous fun. As awesome as they may be for some, I really could care less about the numerous other Trutest effects that you can do from tearing down to a small piece or having them read a few words, I simply love that I can do something as insanely direct as I explained.

I'll also mention I got his lecture with my order and watched half yesterday. I'm very glad to have connected with him and peeked inside his wacky head. If you want to pass on this effect because of a few negative comments from others- Perfect. Thank you for not saturating the market. I want this for myself!!

WOW!!!!!!

Rich I have been away for a while now and am just seeing this post.

You are too kind.

Thank you so much for your kind words and the great ideas you've contributed to our art as well.

All the best,

Kranzo

Click HERE for the TRU TEST http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/collect......all-time
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2864 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
ATTENTION!!!

It was recently brought to my attention that one of the major magic retailers is selling my magazine test at a highly discounted rate.

If you can't beat them join them.

I've decided to match the price.

So for now. (Not forever)

You can purchase the $100 refill pack for only $60!!!

Plus you'll still get 10 free gimmicks with any order. You can order the 40 refill pack or the 100 refill pack.

This is an insane deal!!!

"Hey Nathan, I just wanted to pass on that I did Tru Test in my theater run this summer and it killed. I use it in all my shows now!"

- Wayne Capps
Pro magician

This weekend only… When you purchased my magazine test you will get 10 free gimmicks!!!!!

this is a special bonus that I will NOT offer anywhere else....

This is a CLOSER.

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/collec......all-time

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Tru test - nathan kranzo anyone? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL