The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fake Tarot and Palm Readers - Interesting worldwide (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
The Bible is a storybook? Read Ezek.27 and 28. This was written thousands of years ago. Now look at Israel and it's history. Look at the Middle East does the going on's there make sense to you? It does to me. Read Ezek.29 that chapter is yet to happen---but it is well on the way. Read Revelation and Daniel and watch as that unfolds right before us. The world has never been in a position to fulfill what is written there. You talk about the parting the sea. I take it you don't believe that happened. Ok how then did Israel Exodus? Did the Egyptians just let them go out of the kindness of their hearts? Was that the Egyptian way back then? Hardly. And what about Israel being a nation then not a nation and now a nation again? Do you think that happens everyday? Look at history Israel is the ONLY nation to have had this happen.

Gas prices rise and lower on Middle East tensions. They say because of the uncertainty of that region. If THEY would read the Bible they would know there will ALWAYS be unrest there. The only exception is when one will come and broker a "peace treaty" there that is supposed to last 7 years. It will not. So the blind world will THINK peace has come---and this will be the worst time ever to have been. But you won't know this without reading that "Book of stories".

What really gets me is it is NOT Christians that bring about the prophecies in the Bible---it is non-christians. They don't/won't believe it---yet they fulfill it! AMAZING! Read the Bible folks. There is more to it than meets the eye.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You are either 100% right or 100% wrong. Nonbelievers have no right or wrong to judge by. No moral compass. This is evidenced by the nonbelievers lack of compassion (in general, there are many personal exceptions) and the unbalanced giving to charitable organizations. There are zillions of Christian Hospitals but I know of no equal percentage of Atheist Hospitals... as an example. Statistically nonbelievers are not carrying their portion of the burden. It's sad really.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
Kambiz. Don't be silly. Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am renowned for my humility.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Eric, your PM box is full, I think you need to receive a PM from me Smile

May I just say that, never have I seen so much "us versus them" and exclusivity and disunity manifested in one single Faith as I have from some adherents of Christianity. Eric, you need to start looking for points in your beliefs that can bring people together, rather than divide.....seriously Jesus would be very sad to see how his religion is so blatantly promoting disunity and division among humans...
....sobering thoughts indeed

Kam
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 01:29, visionquest wrote:
Kambiz. Don't be silly. Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am renowned for my humility.

"...let deeds not words be your adorning"

"a kindly tongue is the lodestone to men's hearts"

I didn't see humility reflected in your words buddy, sorry. A man's words makes his being...

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
Kambiz. You are NOT my "buddy". In fact I do not even know you. It ill behooves you to prattle about love,forgiveness, "disunity and division among humans" when you were the FIRST one to show disrespect to someone who has a different point of view to you. Furthermore I would suggest you develop a sense of humour. I await your apology with baited breath.

For my part I am prepared to forgive you seventy times seven. In my infinite mercy I am prepared to allow you to do it only once.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 00:52, kambiz wrote:
"Well if it is good enough for God not to respond to challenges then it is good enough for me also."

A genuine psychic would never say that, purely because it lacks so much humility, and breaths arrogance.....are you serious??

Kam

All genuine psychics are humble?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
I do apologise for my misspelling of the word "baited" which should be "bated". I am mortified to find that I am not perfect after all.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 01:55, visionquest wrote:
Kambiz. You are NOT my "buddy". In fact I do not even know you. It ill behooves you to prattle about love,forgiveness, "disunity and division among humans" when you were the FIRST one to show disrespect to someone who has a different point of view to you. Furthermore I would suggest you develop a sense of humour. I await your apology with baited breath.

For my part I am prepared to forgive you seventy times seven. In my infinite mercy I am prepared to allow you to do it only once.

I would be more than happy to visionquest on 2 conditions:

1. show me exactly where I showed disrespect to someone with a different view to me.

2. let me know the name of the person who I am apologizing to.

Thankyou, with love and humour my friend....whether you like it or not, I consider you my buddy, even though I don't even know your name...

Kam
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Kam I am not one to mince words. I have seen God's Hand move and I have read the Scriptures. I am not politically correct nor to I try to be. Jesus said His name would cause division. I am not the one bringing up God but I made it clear I would answer questions with the Bible if some arose from this discussion. I do accept a persons right to believe in what they want to. However I wonder how deep they really believe. Do you know the average person who puts the Bible down---never read it. Here you have a book that tells you what is happening and people are not reading it and then saying it is a "story book". The difference between the Bible and a story book is in the story book everyone lives happily ever after. In the Bible God's people will but there are those who won't. That is the truth and that is the facts. That is Prophecy. I am not one to tickle someones ears with what they want to hear---there is too much of that with our politicians. That is why America has degraded itself to the point where we are. I will always respect everyone on here and I always know weather we share the same view or not I always consider everyone on here a friend. I always will.

You are all my friends and I value each of you. I never forget that even when I'm passionate about my beliefs. That is just who I am.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 22:48, Lucien Astor wrote:
Why are people always so hostile to the possibility that we are alone in a godless universe, where morals, ethics and 'meaning' are creative choices...and we circle one of an almost infinite number of suns, on a hunk of rock that, by chance, happened to make the evolution of life as we know it possible. And in this cold, uncaring universe, there is no intercessory or caring god...and no meaning for our brief struggle aside from that which we assign to it?

Is that a bad or scary thing?

It's not a bad thing but is certainly a scary prospect to many. No one wants this to be it so they make a choice. They either go with the old texts that promise more or they choose to see things as they really are and live for today. Human nature.
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
Kambiz. You implied that I was not a genuine psychic. I take great offence to this since I treat my work very seriously indeed. I consider such implications disrespectful. You implied that I was arrogant and lacked humility. If that isn't disrespectful I don't know what is. I stated that I don't respond to challenges in the same way that God doesn't respond to challenges. That is a different point of view to you and you replied to it with aggressiveness. I then stated that everyone that knows me appreciates my humility. That was a joke that you obviously didn't pick up on and I cannot blame you for that. It was an inside joke to those on this thread who know perfectly well who I am. Modesty is not an affliction I have ever been tormented by.

As for my name, it seems that nearly everyone on this thread including yourself is not using their real name for reasons of their own and which I respect. Furthermore, in the country I come from undue familiarity from strangers is against our culture and the word "buddy" is considered an impertinence and very impolite indeed. Since you are unfamiliar with my culture I cannot blame you for this but would appreciate it if in the future your refrain from undue familiarity.

I suggest at this point we end the matter and continue talking about the topic of this thread. I think there has been FAR too much talk about religion on this thread although a certain amount of spirituality is necessary when giving a reading. I really think we should discuss spirituality as applied to psychic readings rather than getting into a big theological discussion which is liable to give offence and cause dissension.

I suggest reading my longer posts to see exactly where I am coming from in these matters. Unlike many I have genuine and vast experience giving readings and can probably advise on these matters with some authority. I am sorry if it doesn't sound "humble". It just happens to be true and I can back up every word I say.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Hi visionquest, thanks for your clear response. I meant no offence when calling you buddy, it was also said with a little "tongue in cheek" if you were, and obviously that didn't come through in the written form. Had I said that to you face to face, you would have laughed with me Smile

As I have pointed out on this thread, I have members of my family whom I consider genuinely psychic, some still alive today, others have passed on. I guess my concern was that it baffled me that someone who considers spirituality to be so much a part of being psychic (and I totally agree with you) would be have the gall to compare himself to the Absolute Source of All Spirituality. Anyone who is genuinely psychic should, in my humble opinion, have a significant respect towards God, Who is the source of all intuitive insights, and not basically equate himself to Him, as you basically did in your post.

As I said, I expected more humility from my experience with psychics

Hope that clarifies the situation Smile

Kam
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 22:21, Davit Sicseek wrote:
You are confusing causation with creation.

To use the word 'creator' implies personality or intelligence - both absent in the ultra complex cause and effect that resulted in those dust particles clumping together. I hate to say it - it seems like you are trying to have it both ways here. There is repeated talk of god/creator/design and so on - but when I've pressed the matter this talk is being reduced to the much more ambiguous intelligent-design-esque "creative force".

You need to define this 'creative force' a bit more tightly for it to have any useful meaning. Are you saying that this 'force' designed and created the laws of physics and a starting state for the universe and everything after that was materialistic cause and effect? Or is this creative force also intervening from time to time? Maybe the creative force intervened to place the dust in the arrangement on my window???

Yes!
...and no
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 22:23, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 22:16, brody wrote:
And the creator was created by... or is it turtles all the way down?
And the puddle of primordial slime was made by...chance??? Smile

Chance being a creative force?
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 22:33, Davit Sicseek wrote:
I think its more likely that the slime was just always there than that it was created by a super natural creator. Saying it was 'created' doesn't really add anything to our understanding does it? As brody points out, it only begs the question of who created the creator - or forces one to accept that the creator wasn't created and just 'was/is' - which you could also say about the slime.

The slime being the demiurge of gnostic cosmology?
Quote:
Why are people always so hostile to the possibility that we are alone in a godless universe, where morals, ethics and 'meaning' are creative choices...and we circle one of an almost infinite number of suns, on a hunk of rock that, by chance, happened to make the evolution of life as we know it possible. And in this cold, uncaring universe, there is no intercessory or caring god...and no meaning for our brief struggle aside from that which we assign to it?

Please read BLOOD MERIDIAN
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 00:05, The great Gumbini wrote:
Oh I'm sorry I forgot to answer your Post. The reason people are against that notion is quite simple. It's because God does exist and we live in a God-filled universe.

Kam God gave of Himself in the form of Jesus and that is how it is rational for God ( who is able to do all things) to take the form of a man so He could relate to us. That is the power of LOVE.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Eric spelled backwards is CIRE....luCIfRE.......coincidence?
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 01:15, The great Gumbini wrote:
The Bible is a storybook? Read Ezek.27 and 28. This was written thousands of years ago. Now look at Israel and it's history. Look at the Middle East does the going on's there make sense to you? It does to me. Read Ezek.29 that chapter is yet to happen---but it is well on the way. Read Revelation and Daniel and watch as that unfolds right before us. The world has never been in a position to fulfill what is written there. You talk about the parting the sea. I take it you don't believe that happened. Ok how then did Israel Exodus? Did the Egyptians just let them go out of the kindness of their hearts? Was that the Egyptian way back then? Hardly. And what about Israel being a nation then not a nation and now a nation again? Do you think that happens everyday? Look at history Israel is the ONLY nation to have had this happen.

Gas prices rise and lower on Middle East tensions. They say because of the uncertainty of that region. If THEY would read the Bible they would know there will ALWAYS be unrest there. The only exception is when one will come and broker a "peace treaty" there that is supposed to last 7 years. It will not. So the blind world will THINK peace has come---and this will be the worst time ever to have been. But you won't know this without reading that "Book of stories".

What really gets me is it is NOT Christians that bring about the prophecies in the Bible---it is non-christians. They don't/won't believe it---yet they fulfill it! AMAZING! Read the Bible folks. There is more to it than meets the eye.

Good magic to all,

Eric

According to some, the necronomicon, based on the al azif, which is based on transcription from the dead of the nameless city that predates mankind itself... Is "real"

It is 1000s of years older than the bible,s creation inspired by man if this is Take a book at cover value

It has enough prophecies that have been fulfilled as much as the bible including an upcoming Armageddon

Read that and decide

How do you know for sure that the entities you feel exist are not either ones you've projected on the herald of the end times nyarlathotep? Perhaps you follow the ways of the great old ones who invented all the religions of the world to amuse themselves and strive off boredom

Gumbini. Inibmug. In IBM ug .... AHA

You are secretly an avatar of the crawling chaos?

Of course I jest.... Too much blue cheese and Stilton... There is more of gravy than the grave to this

Tomorrow steak and potatoes!
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 02:32, visionquest wrote:
Kambiz. You implied that I was not a genuine psychic. I take great offence to this since I treat my work very seriously indeed. I consider such implications disrespectful. You implied that I was arrogant and lacked humility. If that isn't disrespectful I don't know what is. I stated that I don't respond to challenges in the same way that God doesn't respond to challenges. That is a different point of view to you and you replied to it with aggressiveness. I then stated that everyone that knows me appreciates my humility. That was a joke that you obviously didn't pick up on and I cannot blame you for that. It was an inside joke to those on this thread who know perfectly well who I am. Modesty is not an affliction I have ever been tormented by.

As for my name, it seems that nearly everyone on this thread including yourself is not using their real name for reasons of their own and which I respect. Furthermore, in the country I come from undue familiarity from strangers is against our culture and the word "buddy" is considered an impertinence and very impolite indeed. Since you are unfamiliar with my culture I cannot blame you for this but would appreciate it if in the future your refrain from undue familiarity.

I suggest at this point we end the matter and continue talking about the topic of this thread. I think there has been FAR too much talk about religion on this thread although a certain amount of spirituality is necessary when giving a reading. I really think we should discuss spirituality as applied to psychic readings rather than getting into a big theological discussion which is liable to give offence and cause dissension.

I suggest reading my longer posts to see exactly where I am coming from in these matters. Unlike many I have genuine and vast experience giving readings and can probably advise on these matters with some authority. I am sorry if it doesn't sound "humble". It just happens to be true and I can back up every word I say.

It is possible according to the gist of some memes on this thread of MONUMENTAL REVELATIONS that you are not a psychic but are a DIVINE Empowered Saint

Or a soothsayer witch

I'd go for the first one if you can Smile

I still like uri's alien intervention for his psychic gift powers.... Of course, someone might say those aliens are angels just like Jesus may have been a Martian
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:

well, that's the basics of existentialism...something I'm very fond of...and its a beautiful thing, I find it neither bad nor scary...
I've asked to be banned
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
You can of course believe that without also believing that morals and ethics are mere creative choices.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 08:29, IAIN wrote:
Quote:

well, that's the basics of existentialism...something I'm very fond of...and its a beautiful thing, I find it neither bad nor scary...

I have to agree with Iain here. One can appreciate the wonders of the universe right down to the complexities of the single cell. and all that is inbetween. I don't need a greater purpose in life. I can be loving and compassionate and generous because that's the type of person I am. It's not through fear of a final judgement or a belief system, it's through a genuine love of life, as it is and learning about all the amazing things this big blue sphere has to offer. People are complex and amazing creatures, we are all so alike yet all uniquely different.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
Yes indeed. I often think that Nostrodamus got just as many predictions right as the Bible did. And of course did it the same way. Or should I say didn't do it. Just because I work as a psychic doesn't mean I have to believe every bit of nonsense that comes my way.

And to Kambiz it should be remembered that comparing myself to God is something I do on a rather frequent basis. After all, I have been in great admiration of myself for a very long time. But to be serious I find it fairly easy to make this comparison since I don't actually believe in God. But then I say he is the source of all psychic power. Which may seem contradictory but actually isn't. That is because the Bible got one thing right. The power of God is within us all. In other words YOU are God and YOU and YOU and everyone else.

I do not believe in God but I do believe in the power of God. And that is within us.

But I really wish we would move on from religion because it has the potential to become messy. I am prepared to talk about prayer as applied to a psychic reading but that really is about it.

And yes. I do agree wholeheartedly with the illustrious Dr Spector about me being a divine empowered saint. Alas I have been trying to keep it a secret but he has found me out.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 08:50, Davit Sicseek wrote:
You can of course believe that without also believing that morals and ethics are mere creative choices.

sure - and I don't think anyone is saying that you can't if you choose to...
I've asked to be banned
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
If it wasn't clear before why discussions of religion are against Café rules, it's clear as a bell now.

I really don't like smug proselytizing from either side on religious matters. And I don't suspect many others do either.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Heck, a thread like this usually isn't over until someone starts comparing someone to Hitler. So, I do believe there might be a few posts left before we get there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum

Of course, this post has invoked that monster of history, so perhaps this is THE END.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fake Tarot and Palm Readers - Interesting worldwide (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL