The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fake Tarot and Palm Readers - Interesting worldwide (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 20:10, The great Gumbini wrote:
First what the good DR. said. Yes Eric spelled backwards is Cire. And it does appear that luCIfRE would have those letters in it. Coincidence? Absolutely NOT! But as YOU pointed out my honorable name would have to be turned around and distorted to be a part of lucifre. Just as I would have to turn my life from a Loving God to one who would want to destroy me and distort this wonderful life I have. Yes I am the complete opposite of lucifre by the absolute Grace of God. Thank you for noticing.

Kam I have NOT in any way changed my tune. I simply expounded on it to make it more understandable. I still DO NOT believe psychic powers exist. I still have seen no evidence of this supposed gift. A religious extremist would never volunteer to leave God OUT of expressing his view such as I have offered. I did all I could to explain I am NOT coming from a religious view point. I am coming from a view that there exists NO evidence that is credible to be able to say that Psychic powers exist to the point of one being able to proclaim themselves a psychic. That is NOT dogma or being a religious extremist. I do not represent division. I'm coming from the point of pure logic. Divisions will happen. All I ask for is evidence to a psychics claims---that is not at all unreasonable. Harry Houdini did it. Johnny Carson exposed it. And I don't see why it is wrong for me to question it. Read back over the posts who brought up God first? I am not a religious extremist. Just a common sense man that has the gift of seeing through---well stuff.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Kudos sir, your response is one of a true gentleman - I salute you sir (no sarcasm - I mean it)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-03-16 22:21, Slim King wrote:
The Divination Project proves that Psychic Events DO HAPPEN! No one has ever disputed it and no one ever will be able to debunk a prediction that was made and publicized PRIOR to the event! Over 2000 to 1 odds.

2000 to 1 odds don't really prove anything in a one off experiment. It has to be repeatable. After all every week people win lotteries at 14 million to 1 odds but it doesn't mean they predicted it.

Also are you sure about the 2000 to 1 odds. It reads to me the same odds as taking a coin out of my pocket and flipping 7 heads in a row. Unlikely but hardly supernatural.
Best
Sean
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Dr. Spektor,

Thank you for that, I appreciate it. You too are a true gentleman and I salute you as well. And that is meant genuinely as well sir.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17551 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 06:33, kinesis wrote:
Quote:
The Divination Project proves that Psychic Events DO HAPPEN!!!!! No one has ever disputed it and no one ever will be able to debunk a prediction that was made and publicized PRIOR to the event! Over 2000 to 1 odds.

Set this against all the predictions made around the world and publicised PRIOR to the event and then quietly and conveniently forgotten about when they fail. People get lucky, it will happen. Cognitive bias has a lot to answer for.

Sorry to slap you in the face, but this was an IN YOUR FACE PREDICTION made openly BEFORE the event at odds of 2000 to one!!!
Squirm all you want!! IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS BS then DUPLICATE IT!!!

SHOW ME HOW IT'S DONE....LOL.... OR SHUT THE PIE HOLE!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
Now, now......... We mustn't be rude to people. Saying, "How do you explain that?" is a trifle more polite than "Shut the pie hole".
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17551 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes... but I love Movie Iconic Verbage!!!

SO PLEASE...All Psedo-Skeptis... simply duplicate here on the Café a 2000 to 1 Paranormal Event.
Is that better? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
How many goes do they get?
I've asked to be banned
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 01:29, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Divination Project proves that Psychic Events DO HAPPEN!!!!! No one has ever disputed it and no one ever will be able to debunk a prediction that was made and publicized PRIOR to the event! Over 2000 to 1 odds.

Set this against all the predictions made around the world and publicised PRIOR to the event and then quietly and conveniently forgotten about when they fail. People get lucky, it will happen. Cognitive bias has a lot to answer for.

Sorry to slap you in the face, but this was an IN YOUR FACE PREDICTION made openly BEFORE the event at odds of 2000 to one!!!

Okay,
1. Give me info on the amazing prediction that was made by the Divination Project.

2. Assuming their prediction was all above board and turned out to be correct, surely, to avoid this prediction being labelled as a 2000-1 lucky guess, surely it is not I but the Project that need to reproduce the event. Heck if you guys are psychic you should be able to do this every week.

3. Several months ago, at a hospitality event, taking place at a race-course I was doing walk-about magic. Before the first race I was asked to predict the outcome of the first race. 10 mins before the race began I stood before 200 guests and told them the winner. Nothing written down, no ambigious statements. I simple named the horse (VERBALLY to the guests) that would come first in the next race. I have witnesses, at least 200 that will testify to this. The horse did indeed win and many punters that took my advice made a very tidy profit. Am I psychic? NO!

4. No need to be rude. Chill FFS!

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
Derek does psychic readings himself but is coming on here as an ardent skeptic. The Magic Café is becoming very odd lately.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Okay I've read a litle bit about The Divination Project

http://www.jimclass.com/The%20Divination......aft).pdf

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/v......19&t=969

I now know what you're going on about Smile

Derek

FACEBOOK
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 09:33, visionquest wrote:
Derek does psychic readings himself but is coming on here as an ardent skeptic. The Magic Café is becoming very odd lately.

HA HA - NICE TRY!

SHOW ME ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET OR IN WRITING WHERE I HAVE CLAIMED ANY PSYCHIC ABILITY!

FACEBOOK
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 08:18, IAIN wrote:
How many goes do they get?

2001 ought to do it.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 08:48, kinesis wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 01:29, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okay,
1. Give me info on the amazing prediction that was made by the Divination Project.

2. Assuming their prediction was all above board and turned out to be correct, surely, to avoid this prediction being labelled as a 2000-1 lucky guess, surely it is not I but the Project that need to reproduce the event. Heck if you guys are psychic you should be able to do this every week.

3. Several months ago, at a hospitality event, taking place at a race-course I was doing walk-about magic. Before the first race I was asked to predict the outcome of the first race. 10 mins before the race began I stood before 200 guests and told them the winner. Nothing written down, no ambigious statements. I simple named the horse (VERBALLY to the guests) that would come first in the next race. I have witnesses, at least 200 that will testify to this. The horse did indeed win and many punters that took my advice made a very tidy profit. Am I psychic? NO!

4. No need to be rude. Chill FFS!

Derek

Back away now, and do not attempt to engage the subject in any discussion involving logic or statistical bases for paranormal belief. USE EXTREME CAUTION.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17551 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks for reading the Divination Project It is a stand along single example of a Paranormal Divination of a future event in real time
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
No need to shout! I am almost positive that I have seen you post that you do readings. If I am mistaken I apologise. By all means clarify this for us. I could swear you posted this somewhere. Perhaps you do readings but do not claim psychic ability and say it is something else?
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I make no secret of the fact that I read Tarot. I have contributed to many topic threads on The Café about Tarot.

On several occasions I have stated the the reader does not need any psychic ability to read Tarot.

I apologise for shouting but I object to anyone that calls me a psychic or would insinuate that I make claims based on psychic ability.

I've been into magic since I was 5yrs old. For as long as I can remember, since then I've always taken a skeptical view point.

Derek

FACEBOOK
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17551 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm confused... You do Psychic Readings but you aren't using your Psychie?
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 15:16, Slim King wrote:
I'm confused... You do Psychic Readings but you aren't using your Psychie?

Slim, you and I have had this discussion before in a previous thread, long time ago...

I don't do psychic readings, I read Tarot.

So, when are you gonna do an open prediction on a horse race? Smile

Derek

FACEBOOK
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
I am more confused than ever. I have done thousands of tarot readings. The very basis of the tarot is to use your psychic ability, or if you wish to use a milder word, intution. Or gut feeling if you want to make it even milder. It cannot be done any other way unless you are just reciting a story that you think applies to the client. In other words sheer guesswork. That would be a very ineffective way of using the tarot.

Perhaps my definition of "psychic" differs from everyone elses. I thought I had explained my viewpoint on another very long thread. It seems it was a waste of time typing it all out.

You can read palms without psychic ability since you can just say what the lines mean. That isn't how it works with the tarot.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2586 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I read a book once. I judged it by its cover. I told it to turn over a new leaf and that there were many chapters ahead of it. But then it got defensive and closed up. And they kicked me out of Waterstones.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fake Tarot and Palm Readers - Interesting worldwide (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL