The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
The vidio of this looks pretty nice. Video says no reels or magnets. I don't have a clue. Won't be released until later this month. What do you think?

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=20172

It's another Hocus Pocus exclusive!

Pre-order yours today. Expected release date is last week of March or sooner.

"I almost hate to admit this, but when The Vanishing was presented to me, I couldn't figure out how it was done. Seriously, it both drove me crazy and excited me, and this is what makes The Vanishing such an outstanding effect. PLUS, it's easy to learn. What you see is exactly what you get, there is no special editing on this video!"
- Paul Gross, owner Hocus Pocus.

Preface: This utility device will allow you to do miracles when it comes to vanishing an object or making it travel from one place to another. It is light to carry and can fit in your wallet. It's not bulky, and no necessary clothing requirements are needed. You can even use this gimmick naked if you wanted to.

Chapter 1: The magician borrows a small object, a coin, ring, etc. There are no switches, and the exact same coin is used the entire time. With a slow wave over the coin, it effortlessly vanishes. No funny movements, no sudden sleights. The coin is COMPLETELY gone. The spectator can FEEL your hands to make sure there's nothing there; because there is nothing...

At this point, you can either choose to end there, or continue, and make the coin reappear again on your hand or in theirs. You then hand out their coin for examination and leave them with a signed coin they'll never forget.

Chapter 2: The magician borrows a tic tac box and a tic tac. There are no switches whatsoever, and there are no alterations on the box or the tic tac. You cleanly place the tic tac inside of the box. And with no sudden movements, the tic tac visually melts through the bottom, and landing on your spectator's cupped hand. They can then immediately examine the tic tac and the box.

Chapter3: The magician proceeds to use an ordinary coffee cup, and asks the spectator for a dollar bill (or anything that can be crumpled up into a ball). He cleanly places the cup over the ball. With NO movements whatsoever, he snaps his fingers and the ball is gone. You can then proceed to continue with your regular cups and balls routine; or you can continue to use the gimmick to make it a devastating cups and balls routine.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Shin showed this to me and it left me completely fooled. Brilliant!
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Looks incredible!

R
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
You got me
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Seems impossible!
Suux88
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Wow...
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Looks amazing!
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Yes looks great !
Is it really exclusive ? I received a mail from magicshop.co.uk
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p21496/The_Va......nfo.html
magicmalk
View Profile
New user
Northern California
73 Posts

Profile of magicmalk
Come on. That is awesome. Now I have a headache.
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Angles, refills, repeatable? You have to imagine that if this device allows for vanishes THAT clean it would be much more expensive... It looks great, but I'm suspicious.
Kincaid
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Kincaid
This looks incredible... Will wait for reviews.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Flash at 1'57'' Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Looks very nice, although Ill wait for a few reviews before I get my wallet out !
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Obviously this is real magic! No other explaination. The Magicshop Uk demo is shorter than the Hocus pocus one though.....
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I just talked to Paul at Hocus Pocus and Hocus Pocus has the US exclusive on this. They are quite excited about this and said it is very practical and will be great for walk around. I've put my order in and will let you know what I think when I get it.

Mike
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
Wasn't this the guy that everyone said faked a magic video?
Or was that someone else?

What ever.. it does look good... but it does have that look of something that when you get it, it's not what you expected it to be.

Very interesting though.

Randi
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 14:36, rockwall wrote:
I just talked to Paul at Hocus Pocus and Hocus Pocus has the US exclusive on this. They are quite excited about this and said it is very practical and will be great for walk around. I've put my order in and will let you know what I think when I get it.

Mike

Ditto

Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 13:21, doriancaudal wrote:
Flash at 1'57'' Smile

didn't see it!

this looks great
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
Flash at 1'57'' Smile

... I'm really wonder what you're doing in the world of magic...
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 16:20, parmenion wrote:
Quote:
Flash at 1'57'' Smile

... I'm really wonder what you're doing in the world of magic...

wonderING, parmenion, wondering... Smile And I also wonder why this fierceness...
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL