We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 17:13, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 17:11, Dr Spektor wrote:
Is this all an April Fool's gag?

I wish it was.

Looks like April 1st is also the day of the witch hunt.

And to think, all you had to do was say -- three days ago, when Dominic asked how you came to have a copy on 3/28 -- "Why, I got it from you, Dominic! One of your staff sent it."

Oh, well. Opportunities missed and all that.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Yes, you seem to have wasted a lot of time and effort on me.

Not for the first time. I wonder why you do it? Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1421 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 17:08, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
By the way, it was one of Dominic's staff that sent me the trick. It even has the name of the checker on the envelope.

Jamie,
In order for you to have received a copy from us on the 28th, we would have had to have posted it to you on the 26th or 27th. Our delivery of the product had'nt arrived to us by then. My staff were not physically able to package one before the 28th as they had not arrived from Murphys in the US.

I have no problem with your review, in fact I really welcome the feedback and enjoy your posts on the Café but my concern is that the item you received could be a pirate copy. Worst still, if as you say it waspackaged to appear to come from one of my shops, maybe someone could be passing themselves off as MoM.

Also, I would not want the US dealer, to wrongly think that we had received and dispatched a batch before him! That could cause all sorts of issues between myself, the US dealer and the Distributor. Claiming publically that MoM dispatched one to you prior to launch, is something I would like to find out more about, if you are willing to help me out here.

So you see, me asking you if you would be kind enough to let me know, is not an attack on you or your character. If you did receive one ahead of launch, its important to me to at least ask you how.

I'd really consider it favour if you could let me know. Perhaps by PM or email to sales@magicshop.co.uk if you prefer to discuss this off the forum.

Best wishes as always
Dominic
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think dominic is perfectly within his rights to ask how someone received a product from his shop if he has no record of it - and the claimer is being a bit of an **** over it all...

if all is above board, and nothing to hide - why bother stirring the pot? adults here, surely?

if I was running a business and someone was making claims about it and that claim didn't ring true to me, then I'd want to know about it too...
I've asked to be banned
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Dominic, I have an idea: stop placing your customers between you and your distributor and CONTACT YOUR U.S. DISTRIBUTOR AND ASK THEM INSTEAD.

Jamie has just stated that he can identify the package checker by name. So he's either a pathological liar (possible), or your U.S. distrubutor sent out a few packages earlier than expected (likely). Either way, a simple phone call should fix the problem. And that responsibility falls to you, not Jamie.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No, if jamie is claiming it was sent from magicshop.co.uk, and the packer can be identified, then all he has to do is take a quick snap of it and send it to dominic...simple...

the US distributor wouldnt sent it directly to each person - they'd send them all together in a box, directly to dominic's shop...then his team posts them out to us...
I've asked to be banned
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1421 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Chance

That's good feedback. I did check this with them as soon as Jamie posted.

My concern is that Jamie reports the package was sent from my company priory to us having any to send out to customers or at least made to look that way. If someone is sending out goods, pretending to be me, that's an issue I need to address both for my company and the quality of service for my customers.

It's totally up to Jamie if he wants to help me out here, but I would consider it a favour.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 17:57, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Yes, you seem to have wasted a lot of time and effort on me.

Not for the first time. I wonder why you do it? Smile

Well, Jamie...

Quote:
On 2012-04-01 18:22, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Jamie,
In order for you to have received a copy from us on the 28th, we would have had to have posted it to you on the 26th or 27th. Our delivery of the product had'nt arrived to us by then. My staff were not physically able to package one before the 28th as they had not arrived from Murphys in the US.

I have no problem with your review, in fact I really welcome the feedback and enjoy your posts on the Café but my concern is that the item you received could be a pirate copy. Worst still, if as you say it waspackaged to appear to come from one of my shops, maybe someone could be passing themselves off as MoM.

...THAT'S why.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 18:50, Dominic Reyes wrote:

....It's totally up to Jamie if he wants to help me out here, but I would consider it a favour.

Call the guy a liar half a dozen times and then ask for his help in clearing up a mess that he didn't make. This makes sense to you? Really?
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Chance, Dominic hasn't once called Jamie a liar, let alone "half a dozen times." He hasn't even made half a dozen posts about this matter.

All he's has done is state a fact (that Jamie couldn't have gotten The Vanishing on 3/28 from him), express concern that this may mean Jamie got a pirated copy, and ask Jamie to help him find out if someone's ripping him off. Why do you feel the need to make it something else?
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I think Dominic is handling this very well.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 10:04, Dominic Reyes wrote:

Just to Clarify, I can 100% confirm That the person who posts here as 'Jamie' did not receive one from us before he posted his 'review'. However, although he is based in the UK, I suppose he could have travelled to the US and picked up a copy from Hocus Pocus on the morning of release, but that would not be the most cost effective shipping method to choose...

This is calling Jamie a liar. You don't have to say a specific word in order to convey the desired meaning. The meaning Dominic is aiming for here is crystal clear.

The point I am trying to make, is that these comments do not belong in a public forum. I question why Dominic doesn't spend the same amount of energy contacting Jamie privately. By posting comments such as these, Dominic backs Jamie into a corner. It becomes a contest of wills instead of solving a (very minor) business issue. It could have ALL been solved days ago with ZERO hurt feelings or loss of face.

As for my involvement, I only stepped in after watching this crap go on for days with no sign of letting up. Even if Jamie did exactly what he is accused of -- SO WHAT???? Who did he hurt??? Can you guys not see how incredibly narcisistic you are all being, where you take someone's review of a stupid magic trick and treat it like some kind of felony??? Jamie lied to us!!! How many lies have you guys told over the last 4 days this has been going on? Who around here is so freaking perfect that you can cast so many stones at Jamie? Good grief, get over yourselves already. A little perspective goes a long way.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Well, it looks like the second comming of Christ has finally happened.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Chance, if I may make a suggestion:

http://www.kraftbrands.com/maxwellhousec......fee.aspx
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 00:53, Chance wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 10:04, Dominic Reyes wrote:

Just to Clarify, I can 100% confirm That the person who posts here as 'Jamie' did not receive one from us before he posted his 'review'. However, although he is based in the UK, I suppose he could have travelled to the US and picked up a copy from Hocus Pocus on the morning of release, but that would not be the most cost effective shipping method to choose...

This is calling Jamie a liar. You don't have to say a specific word in order to convey the desired meaning. The meaning Dominic is aiming for here is crystal clear.

The point I am trying to make, is that these comments do not belong in a public forum. I question why Dominic doesn't spend the same amount of energy contacting Jamie privately. By posting comments such as these, Dominic backs Jamie into a corner. It becomes a contest of wills instead of solving a (very minor) business issue. It could have ALL been solved days ago with ZERO hurt feelings or loss of face.

As for my involvement, I only stepped in after watching this crap go on for days with no sign of letting up. Even if Jamie did exactly what he is accused of -- SO WHAT???? Who did he hurt??? Can you guys not see how incredibly narcisistic you are all being, where you take someone's review of a stupid magic trick and treat it like some kind of felony??? Jamie lied to us!!! How many lies have you guys told over the last 4 days this has been going on? Who around here is so freaking perfect that you can cast so many stones at Jamie? Good grief, get over yourselves already. A little perspective goes a long way.

Good points all. Private PM's could have been a much more discrete course.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

If only Dominic had sent me a PM in the first place this would have been cleared up in seconds.

Instead he chose to join the witch hunt.

People will make their own minds up here I'm sure.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1421 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Saybold1

I couln't agree more. In the past Jamie doesn't appear to respond to our emails or PM's. That's fine, as he has no obligation to answer my question.
However, in his posts he was publicly suggesting that we were breaking the terms of our exclusive agreement with a suppler, I feel it is prudent to publicly reassure our suppliers, distributors and our customers is is not the case. That is not something that can be done individually via email or PM to everyone.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Dominic, I received no pm or email from you about this as you well know. I'm quite happy for a Café mod to check my pm history to prove this.

Also, if you claim I'm not supposed to be a customer how can you claim to have my email address for goodness sake!

This whole thing is a joke.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 02:46, Dominic Reyes wrote:
...However, in his posts he was publicly suggesting that we were breaking the terms of our exclusive agreement with a suppler...

Jamie did no such thing. He merely posted a review of a specific magic trick. The overreaction we are all witnessing is the result of people other than Jamie reacting conspiratorially to that review.

I have 2 questions:

1) Dominic, have you been able to ascertain that Jamie received a copy of your trick at all? If so, what was the date of shipping?

2) Dominic, what are you prepared to do or say publicly should Jamie post a legitimate copy of his receipt?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1421 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Jamie,
Exactly the same thing happened with your request for tracking over your order of 'mix' . I tried contacting you via email and PM so many times, but it't ignored and you only respond via forum posts. It's quite frustrating, but I respect your choice.

When you publicly accuss me of breaking an agreement with a supplier, I think it's quite reasonable for me to publically defend that accusation.
Communicating with you directly is important to me, but so is the need to address the issue to the same audience it was made to.

Please do drop me an email or PM with the details, if you don't mind helping. I'm not exactly hard to contact Smile

Best wishes as always
Dominic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL