The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Frenchy - yawn.

What's your vested interest here when you don't even own the trick?
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 05:34, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Frenchy - yawn.

What's this -- another simple question you won't answer? Smile

I don't have a vested interest in The Vanishing. I have an interest in knowing that, when someone posts a review on this board, it's based on actual experience with the effect being reviewed. And I have an interest in the issue of piracy in the magic community. One of those two issues is very much germaine to this thread, although it appears we'll never know for sure which one.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Yawn again.

I have seen the game you are playing here, I will no longer take the bait.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Thought so. People will be wary of you in future.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1417 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Anyone tried this out 'in the trenches' yet?
I'm aware it's one of those effects that many could initially feel would be better with a more complicated 'apparatus' involved in the method, but that was a real plus for me when I started using it. Simple, quick and cheap to use daily, are real plus points in my book.

We all do plenty of effects that don't use any equiptment at all.

I had no idea how the coin vanish was done, when I first saw it in action. Its nice to get that 'spectator experience' from a new item, and the reason I've been using it.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 05:57, Dominic Reyes wrote:

I had no idea how the coin vanish was done, when I first saw it in action. Its nice to get that 'spectator experience' from a new item, and the reason I've been using it.


Yes, I agree! So true!!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
You mean the dust REALLY settled?

Very nice.

I'm with Dominic; would like more "in the trenches" feedback.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Yes, and from someone who actually owns it!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 12:28, rockwall wrote:
Yes, and from someone who actually owns it!

...and the digs continue. Please let it lie rockwall, you are not helping. Dominic is trying to get things back on track. I'm with him on that.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
MotionMagician
View Profile
New user
Fresno, CA
17 Posts

Profile of MotionMagician
[/quote]

Hi Chance, I think MotionMagician is in the US and did not purchase it from my company.
[/quote]

Yes, I received it before anyone else. I live in Fresno, CA,USA and Hocus-Pocus is just a few blocks from where I work. I know the guys there and they gave me a call when they got it in so I could pick it up. I did not get it BEFORE the release day, I just got it before anyone else beause I live town.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Did anyone besides me investigate the fact that Jamie did indeed sell a copy of The Vanishing back on the 30th? Jamie hasn't answered my simple questions, either, but there is objective evidence available suggesting that he did have it when he said he did:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=76
MotionMagician
View Profile
New user
Fresno, CA
17 Posts

Profile of MotionMagician
Here's an idea...why don't we all just discuss the ****ing trick?!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Say, what is this effect about anyway?

I thought it was a coin vanish.... but I actually asked a friend who got it on February 2nd 2012 from a certain animal who didn't see his shadow.

On the back of the tin it says:

EFFECT: Time travel, pseudologica fantastica, parallel worlds, emotional control (induce rage), cognition control (induce paranoia), crowd manipulation (summon mobs), and create mayhem! All through what appears to be a coin vanish. Produce the coin from the bleeding severed heads of the aftermath from the routine.

ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS: Normal rate, expect 1-2 weeks, Priority 1-2 days, Tindalos Hound express -3 months (beware paradox waves - but we recommend this last delivery option for heightening the intensity of the effects).

Hmm it is April 2nd... so I guess it wasn't a Fool's thing afterall.

Or IS IT?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1417 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hey Chance,
I don't think anyone is questioning if Jamie had a copy on the 30th when he advertised one for sale, it's earlier on the 28th that was in question.

Probably best to draw a line under this guys. It's going around in circles, and feedback on The Vanishing is probably far more interesting for the majority of readers IMHO

Here's one: I'm doing this with a suit jacket on but with sleeves rolled up ( I know, that ruins the suit, but you know...) I heard mention, that it's best done short sleeved, but I find the jacket cloth really helps with angles.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
At work today people asked how my weekend was.

I told them the most interesting thing that happened was 15 grown men, who I don't know, had a heated discussion about whether I received a package on the 28th or 29th March. Needless to say they looked befuddled.

Now please let's respect Dominic's (and my) wishes to draw a line under this debacle and focus on discussing the effect.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
MotionMagician
View Profile
New user
Fresno, CA
17 Posts

Profile of MotionMagician
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 13:29, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
... focus on discussing the effect.


I couldn't agree more!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 12:46, Chance wrote:
Did anyone besides me investigate the fact that Jamie did indeed sell a copy of The Vanishing back on the 30th? Jamie hasn't answered my simple questions, either, but there is objective evidence available suggesting that he did have it when he said he did:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=76


What a slueth you are Chance! And here I thought that anyone could post a ForSale link. How about I post a For Sale link advertising "Chance's ability to reason". And then I'll post a Sold! post a few hours later. I'm sure you would take that as evidence that I actually had in my presence "Chance's ability to reason". However, I will refuse to post the purchasers name so you'll unfortunately never be able to get it back. (I suspect it was lost quite a while ago so not to worry.)

On the other hand, I can certainly see why Jaime is now suddenly all about honoring Dominic's wishes after calling Dominic a liar about something he never said. If I was posting reviews on products I didn't own and got found out, I would want it to all go away too.

Well, I WILL let it go now as Dominic has. Just thought I would end this by saying you haven't fooled anyone and hopefully people will view any reviews you do in the future with suspician.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 15:06, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 12:46, Chance wrote:
Did anyone besides me investigate the fact that Jamie did indeed sell a copy of The Vanishing back on the 30th? Jamie hasn't answered my simple questions, either, but there is objective evidence available suggesting that he did have it when he said he did:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=76


What a slueth you are Chance! And here I thought that anyone could post a ForSale link. How about I post a For Sale link advertising "Chance's ability to reason". And then I'll post a Sold! post a few hours later. I'm sure you would take that as evidence that I actually had in my presence "Chance's ability to reason". However, I will refuse to post the purchasers name so you'll unfortunately never be able to get it back. (I suspect it was lost quite a while ago so not to worry.)

On the other hand, I can certainly see why Jaime is now suddenly all about honoring Dominic's wishes after calling Dominic a liar about something he never said. If I was posting reviews on products I didn't own and got found out, I would want it to all go away too.

Well, I WILL let it go now as Dominic has. Just thought I would end this by saying you haven't fooled anyone and hopefully people will view any reviews you do in the future with suspician.

...Let me repeat. Please let it lie Mike Engberg, you are not helping. Go and do one of those triathlons you say you do and burn off some of that aggression. Dominic is trying to get things back on track. I'm with him on that.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-02 15:10, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
...Let me repeat. Please let it lie Mike Engberg, you are not helping. Go and do one of those triathlons you say you do and burn off some of that aggression. Dominic is trying to get things back on track. I'm with him on that.

Your last two posts seem to suggest otherwise. Unless you think "let it lie" means "let me get in one more shot, then drop it." Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL