The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
Keng
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Keng
I saw the flash, too.
dendrake
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of dendrake
I think the flash is just his button!!
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Woha.. That looked like actual magic. Defo peeked my interest.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1671 Posts

Profile of Ross W
That's just insanely clean. I was thinking it must be like that onehanded coin vanish by John Cornelius, bu t it's not. Sadly though shin Lim has blotted his copybook somewhat lately, so I'll be waiting for some further reviews. Everyone deserves a second chance, though, and if it's as good as it looks, good luck to him, and I'll be a customer.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
murray
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of murray
Must you wear a necktie in order to do "The Vanishing", as in the video? (That's the sort of possible "special situation" one has to worry about before buying something like this.)
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Well now, this looks really good.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I really like this. I'm a coin guy myself and am quite embarrassed to admit I was fooled badly by this when it was shown to me.

Anyone here seen Shoot Ogawa's excellent and depressingly difficult (In my own fumbling attempts) method to vanish a coin showing the hands completely clean. Saw it at his lecture last year at the Magic Circle, and the sleight of hand involved is as impressive as the effect! Shoots technique is very very different, but the When The Vanishing was taught to me, it was like someone giving me a free pass to do that level of vanish without any of the hard work. Really made my day!

Paul at Hocus Pocus is providing the exclusive for the US and Merchant of Magic is looking after UK and Europe. That way we can both look after customers and provide a super fast shipping and post sale customer support experience no matter where on the planet you like to do your magic.

I tip my hat to Shin Lim for this one. Such a simple little gimmick/Device, direct and cunning. I wish I had thought of it first!!

UK & Europe Sales and After Sales Support: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p21496/The_Va......nfo.html

-

US sales and After Sales Support http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=20172
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Murray - looks like there's no need for a tie...

Quote:

Preface: This utility device will allow you to do miracles when it comes to vanishing an object or making it travel from one place to another. It is light to carry and can fit in your wallet. It's not bulky, and no necessary clothing requirements are needed. You can even use this gimmick naked if you wanted to.

This really does look impressive, I hope it's practical!!

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 16:25, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 16:20, parmenion wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 13:21, doriancaudal wrote:
Flash at 1'57'' Smile

... I'm really wonder what you're doing in the world of magic...

wonderING, parmenion, wondering... Smile And I also wonder why this fierceness...

Mais parceque tu es un trou du cul mon garçon Smile I put a smiley like you to looks kind and cool, it isn't cut ? is it !?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Murray

Yep, you don't need that tie ( I suspected it too, before learning the method.) In fact you can do The Vanishing naked. But in my experience, it's best to check with the client first, and there's not many places to store your business cards I find.

The Vanishing http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p21496/The_Va......nfo.html
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'm wondering if this is, and if so, how much so is it similar to Fickle Nickle?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Gene B
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA
195 Posts

Profile of Gene B
Looks fantastic!!

Wonder if you can use for walk around---or if there are bad angle restrictions??
Gravity--It's not just a rule--It's the Law!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Man... I promised myself not to buy until new effects like this are released. I keep telling myself to wait for the reviews but I'm having a hard time waiting!!!!
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Gdw

I don't perform Fickle Nickle and I've not sold one here at the shop as we are based in the UK, so only going from memory, but if I remember correctly its also a coin vanish, but you had issues showing your hands completely and allowing the spectator to examine your hands.

With The Vanishing, you show your hands completely empty front and back and the spectator can touch, stroke and admire them as much as they like there's nothing to find.

With The Vanishing, the signed coin also vanishes off the spectators hand rather than just out of your own

Hope this helps

Vanishing Available from: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p21496/The_Va......nfo.html

Gene B,

The angles are good fine walk-around and table hopping etc
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
I had an opportunity to meet Shin Lim at his lecture last week in Boston.
He didn't show this particular effect but I will say that he is a VERY creative and talented magician.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Gene, you can show both sides of your hands with Fickle Nickle.
I'm think about the specific "gimmick" used.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
272 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
This looks really good and at the price looks like a real buy.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Gdw,
I don't feel comfortable discussing methods for effects, either our own releases or others (like Fickle Nickle)on forums, but always happy to help with any questions about performance conditions, the effect etc etc.
I'm pretty sure with the method used in Fickle Nickle, when you vanish the coin, you can't let the spectators touch or grab your hands at all.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
How easy is it to retrieve the vanished item afterwards? Could you vanish a borrowed ring, for instance, and easily reproduce it and load it somewhere?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Fair enough.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL