The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Latest and Greatest? The Vanishing by Shin Lim TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Jamie, all I've done is ask a question that several other people on this thread have asked (and which you still haven't answered). Do you feel that all of us are stalking you? How long have you felt this way?
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners ' must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.' -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1420 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Jamie,
I'm not 'calling you out'
As all the pre-orders for the vanishing were dispatched by post from the 28th onwards, I'm just worried for you, as your copy could not have come from my company by post and arrived to you on the same day. If customers did get copies before the release date, its important to follow this up, and warn any other magicians incase it was a pirate copy or clone. Just looking out for you.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
And if Jamie was not your customer, then you could hardly be said to be discussing a customers purchase, now could you?

Chance, good advice, you might consider taking it yourself.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 14:49, Chance wrote:
Maybe because it's NOYFB how or where he got it?

I think when a person posts a review in this public forum of a product he may not have seen yet when he reviewed it -- IF we've essentially been lied to -- it becomes our business. Certainly, if someone claims to have a product on the day it's released, and the only person who could've gotten him a legitimate copy that soon doesn't know how he got it, it becomes THAT person's business.

No one's asking for private information. What possible reason could a person have not to answer the question "Where did you buy that?"
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners ' must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.' -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I would be hesitant to ask Chance any question about anything. Yow!

(p.s. Chance, you may want to look up the word "demand" in the dictionary).
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
You guys are barely a half-step from demanding Jamie produce a copy of his invoice just to satisfy your morbid curiosity. Get over yourselves already. It's none of your business. If you don't want to follow the advice of his review, then don't. That's where it ends. Period.

The person's business it truly was, was the guy Jamie later sold it to. Now if that guy wants to come in here and correct Jamie, that's a whole other story as he has an actual vested interest. The rest of you guys are just kibbitzing, and extremely rudely at that. It's the kind of behavior you can only get away with on the web. Try it during a chess match, or a poker tournament, or a tennis game and see where it gets you.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 15:30, Chance wrote:
The person's business it truly was, was the guy Jamie later sold it to....

...and the guy who sells The Vanishing in the UK and who was, in fact, the first person to ask Jamie where he got his copy and how he could've already had it on 3/28. Smile
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
That is damaged circular reasoning. Your "logic" (so-called) still doesn't compel Jamie to answer your questions.

If you doubt Jamies review, then pass it over and ignore he ever wrote it. That's it. That's all there is to it. You have no right to make any demands on Jamie whatsoever.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Thanks Chance.

I sent a copy of my invoice/receipt to the buyer as a condition of purchase.

He had the right to see it. I don't believe anyone else does. It's not for me to prove anything else to anyone.

I received my legitimate copy of The Vanishing on the 28th. I don't know why I got it on that day. I just did.

Take my review as legit or not, I don't care.

Just know that my opinion on the effect is valid. Others have supported the same points I made, how could I have known what to say if I hadn't received it on the 28th? I notice there was another review posted here on that day too, so it wasn't just me that got it.

I'm done justifying myself here.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 15:41, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I sent a copy of my invoice/receipt to the buyer as a condition of purchase.

He had the right to see it. I don't believe anyone else does.

How about Dominic? He doesn't have a right to know where you got it? Maybe you could PM him with that information, if you'd rather not say publicly where you got it.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Explain please exactly what "rights" Dominic has here? He may have questions of his own, but "rights"? Sounds to me like you are simply projecting onto Dominic the same unsatisfied curiosity you've just been corrected for having yourself.

Jamie just said exactly when and how he got the trick in the mail. I understood his statement of fact perfectly. The main difference being, I haven't spent the last 3 days calling him a liar and then finally getting slapped down for it.

If Dominic really wants to pursue this non-issue, then my suggestion would be for him, as Seller, to check his own invoices.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Chance, Still not sure why YOU'RE so steamed-up about this? Something personal?

Oh. Just realized my curiosity will be considered a "demand" and I'll probably get the "NOYFB" response.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Why is it so hard to comprehend that watching someone get pilloried like this over the tiniest issue on planet earth could offend an onlooker? How many times do you guys get to call Jamie a liar in public before a referee is allowed to step in? It's not about me, and it's not about Jamie. I don't know Jamie from Adam. I have no vested interest in this magic trick or in Jamie's life in general. The issue, at least for me, is why do complete strangers feel they have the right to demand intimate details of a person's life just because they happen to visit the same internet chat room? And even worse, start calling the guy a liar simply because he won't give in to your unreasonable demands. Can you just walk up to a random person on the street and do the same?

All Jamie did here was post a review of a magic trick. A teeny tiny little magic trick that costs less than $30. And for that he gets castigated as though he had just raped someone's daughter.

All I'm trying to do is bring some common sense back into this discussion. The only people I am going to offend are the one's that have been believing the worst of Jamie without cause. Boo-freaking-hoo.

You guys are disgusted because you think (without a shred of proof) Jamie lied to you. I'm disgusted that it's so easy to violate someone you have no proof against. I win.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-01 16:44, Chance wrote:
Why is it so hard to comprehend that watching someone get pilloried like this over the tiniest issue on planet earth could offend an onlooker?

Are you demanding an answer? Smile

Why is it so hard to comprehend that some of us would like to know if a negative review was written by someone who hadn't yet seen the product he was reviewing?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brth
3642 Posts

For someone who doesn't even own the product Frenchdrop is investing a lot of time and effort in this thread. I wonder why? Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brth
3642 Posts

By the way, it was one of Dominic's staff that sent me the trick. It even has the name of the checker on the envelope.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Is this all an April Fool's gag?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-04-01 17:11, Dr Spektor wrote:
Is this all an April Fool's gag?

I wish it was.

Looks like April 1st is also the day of the witch hunt.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Two have already appeared 2nd hand on the big auction site.

The trick must be good.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brth
3642 Posts

Be careful Mehtas. FrenchDrop will appear in a moment asking you to provide proof that two copies are available on an auction site. Maybe you'd better have the links to the site to hand just in case.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Latest and Greatest? The Vanishing by Shin Lim TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL