The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
Mais parceque tu es un trou du cul mon garçon Smile I put a smiley like you to looks kind and cool, it isn't cut ? is it !?

Not brave enough to write in english... So stupid. The magic world does not deserve you.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1420 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
You can reappear the item very easily. Back into your hand to produce or perhaps load somewhere...

The Vanishing : http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p21496/The_Va......nfo.html
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
907 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Dominic, do you think you could use this for a chop cup/ cups and balls routine?

Would make for some very clean vanishes and reappearances...
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
Thank you

Quote:
On 2012-03-08 16:20, parmenion wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 13:21, doriancaudal wrote:
Flash at 1'57'' Smile

... I'm really wonder what you're doing in the world of magic...
wanda&viktor
View Profile
New user
France
83 Posts

Profile of wanda&viktor
Friboudi, I think you don't understand, Magic is secret and not the soluce of the last video game, learn to keep some informations (also on Virtual Magie), mainly on a public forum.
French Mind reading and mentalism act.
Tarot readers.
http://www.mentalistes.fr
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
If I've got the exchange rate right buying from hocus pocus with free international shipping will save you about £10.

I've noticed this with a few items I've bought over the last year, why are the UK suppliers charging more and charging for shipping as well?

I'd prefer to give my business to a UK company but a £10 saving is significant.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1420 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Zentao

Hocus Pocus are awesome and give great service but there are other factors to consider in ordering from the US into the UK/Europe.

If you are based in the UK or Europe and order from a company outside of the EU, the price they charge will not include VAT.
However, if you are importing the package into Europe or the EU, VAT is payable on the value of the goods, so an additional 20% tax is due to Customs.
Also Import duty is then applied on top.
Finally, most delivery companies will handle the import/customs clearance paperwork for you but charge an additional fee (usually around £12-£14 DHL, FedEx, UPS). They will hold the package and write to you for payment. This can cause a delay for you as well.

It's a small package, so you may be lucky and it slips through, but that's 'pot luck' and cheating Customs and Excise as all taxes should be paid.

The manufacturer for The Vanishing wanted to offer a point of sale for customers inside the EU, hense there is a UK and a US exclusive dealer.

If you are based in the UK, the quickest delivery to you will be from a UK shop, as it's dispatched first class via Royal Mail so is usually a next day delivery service.
Once the launch day is here we will also be able to ship by assured next day delivery if required.

So ordering from the US into the UK 'could' be a touch cheaper if you are lucky and don't get hit with tax and processing fees, but will be a lot slower for you, and a letter from the courier requesting exorbitant fee's it not a fun way to receive your order.

Customers who order from The UK dealer also get local phone support and in the unlikely event there be an issue with the item (DVD disc skips, damaged faulty gimmick etc) get a UK warrenty and full local support and replacements etc.

Hope this helps

Dominic

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p21496/The_Va......nfo.html

-
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Apologies if this has already been answered but what is the reset time like on this?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1420 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
No worries. Glad to be of service, as it's not released yet, so questions like these really help everyone consider if the item if right for them. I'm paid to answer them Smile

It's pretty much instant between performances, so good for table hopping.
Setting up the gimmick at the start of your gig, so your ready to go, can be done away from the spectator in less that one minute.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Hocus pocus has this and it looks like real magic. I will be getting this for sure.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of mndude
I'm most interested in the Tic Tac trick. Something to do for that cute girl that works at the gas station.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I'm going to do it for her first! Then when you show her, she'll say, ahh, I've already seen that one. Smile
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
I have two questions! What lighting is required (if any) in order to perform without problems? Also, will we need to buy refills for this "utility gimmick"?

-Tyler
mndude
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 11:04, rockwall wrote:
I'm going to do it for her first! Then when you show her, she'll say, ahh, I've already seen that one. Smile

Dude, that'll be so UNCOOL
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 14:46, randirain wrote:
...Wasn't this the guy that everyone said faked a magic video?...

Weren't you the girl who told everyone to let that go? Smile
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Aren't you the cute girl working at the gas station? Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Nope. Smile
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2274 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 20:12, gdw wrote:
Gene, you can show both sides of your hands with Fickle Nickle.
I'm think about the specific "gimmick" used.

Coin in the tic tac case made me think of that too
Pay it forward
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Just camp out at the gas station, then you can be the first one.
James

Quote:
On 2012-03-10 13:31, mndude wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 11:04, rockwall wrote:

Dude, that'll be so UNCOOL
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 23:07, rockwall wrote:
Aren't you the cute girl working at the gas station? Smile

You're old enough to be her dad! Give it a rest. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing by Shin Lim » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL