The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » EDF Magic Builders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Hello guys!

Eric Olsen, John Uhern and his son Dillon have built 7 effects for me in the last few months.

Let me tell you this: These guys are the best out there! Throughout the building process, they were so kind, helpful and really fulfilled my expectations on every little aspects of the effects I wanted them to build. They are professional!!!

If you have an original idea you'd like to see become reality, this is the company you should choose!!! They will also be the official builders of an effect of mine called Barbie and Ken!

I cannot recommend them enough!!!!
Thanks my friends! Eric
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
Agreed!
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

http://www.magus.tokyo/shop/

Extreme Multiplying Bottles

Ring on Glass Stem
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I've been working on a really cool Barbie Doll illusion for my daughter..
I call it the Barbie Box. I have been building this effect for years in many different forms. I just decided to make a few changes and add the Barbie. Of course you could produce any thing out of it. I plan on putting mine out on the market pretty soon. I'm sure I will be the only one that will use a Barbie. Others will just make a girl appear with this effect.

I perform in Branson and I have an on going joke thru out my show about Walmart. I bring my 3 yr old out and she really brings the house down.

Last year after she would leave the stage I would say after the show my daughter always says "Daddy Money" as she rubs her hands together. So I tell the audience that ever day after the show I give her a dollar. She's learning fast. Then I say, "Sometimes when we are driving home we drive past Walmart, Pause, The audience screams and shouts when I say Walmart. It's a deal we do, anyhow I say on the way home when we see Walmart my daughter says, "Daddy Barbie" (Then I would say I'm sick of Barbie.)

This is true. My daughter loves Barbie. That's how and why I decided to build this effect. It works because it's part of our life and makes sense.

That really got a lot of laughs last season. Then I came up with an original illusion to do it in. It's something that I've been messing with and building over the years and every modle changes a bit. Many magicians over the years have used Barbies in different illusions.

I just wanted to let ya know about this because I've been building this for about 5 months and it's pretty cool. Work shop cart and some really cool boxes with some new Technology that has never been used before.

Good luck with your project. Yes EDF are one of the best for sure. They also produce one of my effects.

Never seen a magician do Barbie and Ken. Sounds cool.

Taylor Reed
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
That's really exiting magiuque. Can you post photos?
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Yes, EDF is real best of the best professionals! Very interesting to see photos.
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
My show is going to start on July 5th and I'll try to take some pictures of the effect Barbie and Ken. It's a surprising effect I think! It has a good plot and I hope it will entertain. (I'm pretty sure it will.) The climax at the end is impressive. I can't wait to perform it!!!
As I said, EDF will be the official builder of the effect.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Magicque,,, Where is your show going to be?
Do you have a web site? on your act?
Look foward to seeing your new Routine. SOunds cool.
Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Hello Taylor! I live in Québec, Canada and I'll perform there for 3 years: http://www.lasagueneenne.com

Right now they are working on the website of the show and I'll let you know when it will be ready! My props will leave Hollywood on Monday and it will take about a week to get here. 5000 pounds of material.

Thanks for your interest Taylor! Take care,
Eric ;-)
TheKazz
View Profile
New user
Detrot, MI
6 Posts

Profile of TheKazz
EDF are great to work with! Not only are they quick, and there products top notch. Eric and John are the best!
Looking forward to seeing this prop Magicque!
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-16 22:45, TheKazz wrote:
EDF are great to work with! Not only are they quick, and there products top notch. Eric and John are the best!

Are they the guys who built the origami in your promotional video?
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I love their BYOTF illusion!!
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-16 22:45, TheKazz wrote:

Hello Kazz, that is awesome they are quick and great to work with. Did they build the prop in your performance video of the Origami? I am just curious. You should check out Wellington's version or Gaughan version. You may like them better, I think they would be easier on your assistant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUQQeRr3d6M
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
228 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
And a lot easier on our eyes.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Now folks back to the thread!

Eric, I look forward to seeing the show website up and running. AND....getting to see some of the new "stuff" you have brought in from EDF!

Best of luck with your preperations for the show.

Blair
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
That is incorrect. EDF have their own company and no longer have any thing to do with John Gaughan.
The two owners of EDF worked for John Gaughan for years, but not now.
http://www.edfmagic.com

TR
www.taylorreed.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Thanks Blair! The premiere of the show will start on July 5. Right now, I'm rehearsing Clearly Impossible and let me tell you that it's a very clever effect! There are a lot of things to keep in mind when you are performing this piece! (of course, EDF didn't build this).

EDF built my Barbie and Ken effect and another illusion on the old Halloween movie (1978). In this effect, I'll present the ending of the film live on stage. Eric and John really brought back this type of vintage look I wanted for this Halloween prop! That's why they're the best out there.

Eric ;-))))))
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1434 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
That Halloween illusion sounds awesome.. Jon Carpenter is my favorite director.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » EDF Magic Builders (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL