The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Missing by Charlie Frye and Alan Wong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I really like Charlie Frye. I do a version with a blank face, but this must be different?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14094
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
I saw this at Blackpool and it is very nice, a very visual piece of magic! I am not sure what you mean by 'blank face' but this is probably different.

Best,
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Hi Craig!

It's $25, so it must be WAY different than what I do. Thanks for mentioning you saw this live.

Clarke
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
Any demo of this?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This sounds like the Optical wallet or at least using the same principle to vanish the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Kr8-58_x0
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
ludawg
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ludawg
It is not the optical wallet and doesn't use that principle. Demo will be on Murphy's site early in the week.
magicplace
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of magicplace
We had a chance to see this live at the Blackpool convention this year and it completely fried us! This looks so good and will fool the crap out of you.

MP
ludawg
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ludawg
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Looks good but I wonder if it can be done without the close-up mat, at tables, walkabout etc?
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Looks like it needs a close up mat or suitable clothing to me. Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Looks obvious to me that the missing is already missing before the reveal ! I agree with David klass I hope I am wong as usual Smile
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
That's what I thought.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
I absolutely LOVE Charlie Frye and everything he does. He showed this to me at Magic Live in person and it was wonderful. Then again, Charlie could have showed me a ham sandwich and it would have been awesome.

That said, I really enjoy this effect! I've been presenting it as a quick prediction first: I keep it in my wallet, pull it out, and hide the card behind it:

"I've got one playing card with me today. Can you psychically deduce what it is? I've already got it out, so I can't switch it or anything..."

I then go along some f*r*ing wordplay and, if they get it, perfecto! If not, I just say, "You know, that's totally my fault. Let me make it up to you by showing you something else with this card- hold out your hand..." and carrying on from there. The results have been great!

And for the faint of heart; it's been passing with flying colors! Every single person has asked, "Where did the clubs go?!" (no one has said "pips" yet, lol) or the classic, "How did you DO THAT?!"
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I'm sure if you did this in their hand, they'd react. But I think it looks so boring. I could never get excited about performing it.

You'd get a far better reaction changing a joker into their signed selection.

I'm passing.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I LOVE Charlie Fry but I hate this!
Far too obvious...
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I love Charlie's work. He's a SUPER mega talent. But this trick looks so boring. Amazon.Com has it for $29.95. The person that buys it will never buy another magic trick.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
When I was doing close-up card magic, I use to love "odd" card effects. It always was entertaining.

What I don't like is the misleading demo trailer. There is no way one could present the trick in real performance as in the camera demo. Maybe for one person, directly in front of you and your close-up mat, but that is it. Using a black art principle in a brightly lit restaurant for more then one spectator at a table. So the handling would have to be modified, just a little, but I can see that this would be an entertaining, simple, direct selected card discovery.

Also a it could be used with an Himber Wallet, card box, or other apparatus to assist in the change.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
The idea of using cards missing pips is not new and one would think there would be some severe lighting restrictions with this. Doing it in direct sunlight would be a challenge.
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Missing by Charlie Frye and Alan Wong (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL