The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What's your favorite stuff from Helder Guimaraes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
My audience won't know. I will know and that's enough for me.

I gotta admit something though - there was a routine that Helder did on Red Mirrors and explained in his reflections book. I really wanted to perform it but Helder's wishes that we not use his material and instead take inspiration from it has started to sink in and I feel I am actually on the road to coming up with a version that suits me more and what I need.

I don't think I would have traveled down that road without a little push from Helder.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
924 Posts

Profile of Martino
Randy, you can do it. Just change the presentation to make it your own.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
JoeStarnes
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of JoeStarnes
Which wallet does he use for his cards to wallet routine?
joe
Young Buck
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Young Buck
Another vote for red mirror
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 17:53, JoeStarnes wrote:
Which wallet does he use for his cards to wallet routine?

He uses a normal wallet modified by himself. I don't think he had published the way how he do the modification though.
KevinKM99
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KevinKM99
"Invisible Thread Routine," his take on Reset, is not only visually stunning but the presentation premise is out of this world. Probably among my top 2 favorite versions of Reset, along with Caleb Wiles'.
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
I like all the stuff from Helder, because nothing he ends up creating is done without a logical structure. Everything has a reason, everything is planned and all have a strong theory behind them. The book Reflections is the pinnacle of his thought in my opinion! I'm a big fan of his work!
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
Tanay
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of Tanay
Red Mirror, even though I don't perform any of the routines as is, is fantastic. The lecture excerpt alone was worth it for me.

I don't have Ontology Project but I love the Cart Before the Horse routine.
Tanay
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
I really liked small miracles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What's your favorite stuff from Helder Guimaraes? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL