The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Confabulation and Book Tests (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
I am looking to purchase a Confab(fill in here) effect, but there are so many recently out. Anyone have any opinions on Shared Dreams? I like the envelope idea a great deal, but I don't know if the method is practicle. Seen "Shoelation", just don't know if shoes is the way to go.

:)

As far as book tests, I was considering Maelstrom, Tom Stone has an effect, which in essense is a book test, but his reveal is not typical. Anyone have any opinion on book tests on the market, I know there are a bunch which are "real" books.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
If I were you, I would try to find out, which kind of book test will fit to your personal stlye and your experience. The most simple method is a f..e book, but I don't like that, because the choice for the spectator is so limited, that your audiance will realise that.
I do like book tests, there you recieve a picture (like the G**B) and not letters. If you need more information, let us go downstairs.
Sorry for my English! My German is a little bit better ;-)
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
I have always liked Diction from Nathan Kranzo. Although I don't use the pen. I took the time to memorize all the info. That way it is COMPLETELY HANDS OFF and then follow it up with another real book and just do a Hoy test.
That way both books are ungimmicked. Except for the riffle on second they can all be out of your hands
Pure showmanship!

That's my 2 cents.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 17:54, LukeBrady wrote:
I have always liked Diction from Nathan Kranzo. Although I don't use the pen. I took the time to memorize all the info. That way it is COMPLETELY HANDS OFF and then follow it up with another real book and just do a Hoy test.
That way both books are ungimmicked. Except for the riffle on second they can all be out of your hands
Pure showmanship!

That's my 2 cents.

Ah ! you mean you're not a real mind-reader !
You memorise something !
Book ungimmicked ? It means some book are gimmicked !
Thanks for all these info, I'll write my article for my local newspaper!
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Gideon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
130 Posts

Profile of Gideon
Why not combine a confabulation routine with a book test. Luke Jermay has done that in his routine "BOB".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Confabulation and Book Tests (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL