The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Wonderful David Roth performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Taking from an old Japanese show it seems. Here is David Roth performing 4 of his classic pieces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAo8-ADXR1s&feature=related

Enjoy
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Very strong performance from David! Thanks for posting- I haven't seen the Rainbow previously- very nice to finally get a look at it. Magic translates universally. These girls seemed to understand a fair amount of English, but still a challenge here for the performer. A little more concern than usual as to whether the message is getting across. It was great to see David stay David (not that I'd expect anything less from him!) and stick with his scripts. They hired David Roth and they got David Roth. A great lesson for all performers here. The best you can do, even if you're concerned there might be an obstacle in getting the point across, is stay strongly in it, remain present- they'll get it. There appeared to be a bit of a rush to get through some of the script in the Purse and Glass, but that might be an illusion, contributed by the fact the audio track's out of sync with the visual here, and enhanced by my own in depth study of the routine. Overall, David did a great job keeping the train on track- nice to see him working with an interesting challenge. Very excellent work, David! Smile
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
I never saw that performance before, thanks for posting the link.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
That was the first time I have ever see. The Rainbow. Great video
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Always good to see Roth at his best, not many if any, any better at so stellarly pulling it all together in presentation. Wonderful worker then and now. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Yay! I'm learning Japanese and it's Roth. Sweet.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
The one that say "Coin magic is obvious" should watch this video

Strong performance from Roth
s.freeman
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of s.freeman
Did anyone else feel like some of this performance was a bit too repetitive? I'm suspecting it's the language barrier that is causing this, he's making sure his audience is following what's happening, doing the same thing again and again and going at a fairly slow pace. I felt that if he was doing this for an english audience he'd speed it up or add some variety in sort of a "let me do one better" or "make it harder for myself" kind of fashion. thoughts?
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Quote:
On 2012-03-11 11:45, s.freeman wrote:
Did anyone else feel like some of this performance was a bit too repetitive? I'm suspecting it's the language barrier that is causing this, he's making sure his audience is following what's happening, doing the same thing again and again and going at a fairly slow pace. I felt that if he was doing this for an english audience he'd speed it up or add some variety in sort of a "let me do one better" or "make it harder for myself" kind of fashion. thoughts?

those routines are verbatim from Expert Coin Magic
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Also read Laurie's post above. David stays to his scripts.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Great clip of david. He always keeps to his script.

thanks for posting. I have checked youtube for all the roth vids and never came accross this one. it was a pleasure to watch.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
His consistency is amazing.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Beautiful performance!
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
David Roth IMO es the Dai Vernon of coins, a true master.
ply
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of ply
Beautiful performance!
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
I've seen David many times live and also recorded. The most significant thing that I learned from him is that you can make each word and action planned and fine tuned. I imagine that you could take three recordings of the same effect and play them side by side and see very little change. Everything is polished and scripted so well!
The real magic is family!
rghale
View Profile
New user
Robert Hale
29 Posts

Profile of rghale
I remember seeing David for the first time in the late 1970s. His technique was a real revolution. He started a whole new style and level of coint magic.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Hes the man alright.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Those two women were very pretty, I wonder if Roth got to date either of them or both.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The interesting thing is that you can see a difference in David's performing style between then and now. Watching him perform the same trick with the same patter, you can see that the younger David was a bit faster, and more aggressive if I can use the word, in his performance. Now, he is much more relaxed and laid back when he performs, as if the routines are now part of him. He is no longer performing the routine, he IS the routine. I heard Bill Wells make a similar comment at one of the earlier seminars, but until I saw the old videos, I didn't note the difference. Either way, you see the true genius in his work. And because of that work, coin magic has prospered and gone to new heights, with so many of our top coin guys springing up after studying his work.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Wonderful David Roth performance (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL