The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Arm in hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

espen_oe
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of espen_oe
Effect:
Magician reaches into a hat
gets arm pulled into hat
rumaging around
pulls arm out
Display what was in the hat.

Very impromtu trick. I don't remember where I saw this. Have found one verson from Charlie Frye with forearm, but I am imagining the whole arm going into the hat.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Espen
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
You are likely thinking of the one Sylvester the Jester does. Far as I know it's his own method.
Official Thread Killer
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
A lot of buskers like Eric Evans and Jimmy Talksalot do this - it is an old vaudeville gag and there are various ways of doing it. I do not think there are very many resources out there on doing this, either in print or on video, other than what Charlie Frye describes.

Sylvester the Jester has a really fun bit with it, and as stucky said, I also believe that to be his own method (which is probably not that much different from the rest of them). When he does it, he has a bit of what we will call an 'advantage', for lack of better word.
joneseymagic
View Profile
New user
Dave Jones
62 Posts

Profile of joneseymagic
It's described on the"Visu-Antics" DVD by Jim Pace which I believe is still available.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Arm in hat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL