The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Interesting production (different one) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h78HdalLNi4

I created this one.
It's a different production. I thought of it, I'm not sure if you guys will like it, but I do.
I'm not sure what to think of it, at first, it looks good. Then I over analyze it and it looks bad. Like I'm not seeing the big picture, just the details.Seems to happen with all my magic like this.

The idea came to me to produce a coin instantly at the fingertips of the hand appearing empty.

It uses an interesting subtlety and a production I thought of.(The subtley doesn't belong to me, I'm using it to create an effect, I mean't figurativly) It utilizes this subtlety and application through MP.
This verison took about a week of practice to get down somewhat consistently. It's somewhat difficult for me to perform. I also have an easier verison which does not use the MP, but rather a downward motion of the hand to reveal the coin, no MP.

I hope by using terms like "MP " and not explaining which subtley or sleightI am using is vague enough; I'm sure coin workers will understand immediately. I have performed this for spectators and they are baffled. It gets great reactions. Since magicians are aware of such, I'm not sure it would fool magicians. But the spectators like it alot.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Wasn't convinced your left hand was empty.

This would be a great surprising production in the middle of a routine.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-11 13:26, Atom3339 wrote:
Wasn't convinced your left hand was empty.

This would be a great surprising production in the middle of a routine.

I realize my CP Isn't the greatest. Magicians know what to look for, but it always seems to fool laymen..How could I improve it?

Thanks for your advice. I'll try and add it to a middle of a routine.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Strange etc., Your CP isn't bad. You can do something casual like holding a pen in that same hand then setting it aside, just take any possible heat off. In a routine it won't even matter.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Thanks for the tip!
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Atom, you just gave me a great idea! I could use the pencil as a type of wand, do a thumb around with it, while the hand remains natural, continue with the trick with a strike vanish, or wanded by Lawrens Godon , making the pencil and the coin re-appear. I wonder if a pencil would work with wanded. I'll have to ask Lawrens Godon.

Also I've been looking to incorporate a wand into my act. but a pencil would be better, because creative writing and hard work is something I'm good at, "Creative writing, like magic, or making a novel, takes a lot of hard work, effort and persistence." And I could use this as a metaphor for my magic. thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Interesting production (different one) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL