We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Propless tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

esp0000
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of esp0000
Hi, I am new to magic. Are there any good books or dvds that focus on tricks that don't really need props, so you could theoretically do it anytime any place?

Thanks
Athelus
View Profile
New user
Aberdeen, Scotland
59 Posts

Profile of Athelus
It depends on your definition of props. I walk around with at least 3 packs of cards on me at any time, so I'm always ready to do something. Most people have loose change on them or notes so coin/money magic is a possibility.

If your willing to carry a pack of cards or loose change then a good book to start with is Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. It has a little of everything so you can try various areas of magic to see what appeals to you most.

~Stewart
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
981 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Esp0000,

Yes. There are many books available that can help you become a magician - that is be able to perform amazing things at any given time with ordinary objects. See the sticky post at the very top of the New To Magic section. You will see books recommended like Mark Wilson's book mentioned above along with Now You See It, Now You Don't, The Magic Book, and many others.

Good luck!

Hudson
yabi
View Profile
New user
Cherry Hill, NJ
92 Posts

Profile of yabi
You might also want to check out Card College Light, Roberto Giobbi's first text focused entirely on professional caliber card tricks requiring no manipulative skill.

Have fun,
y.
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
114 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
I agree with getting mark Wilson's complete course. It teaches a variety of different effects so you can learn what suits you best. A good DVD to look into is Gregory Wilson's On the Spot. On it he teaches many great effects using just ordinary objects you see every where you go. Of course there are lots of other good DVDs and books out there on the market.
Bugatti
View Profile
New user
Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Bugatti
A lot of material from Banacheks superb Psychological Subtleties doesn´t require any props at all, apart from your brains, but although I consider it as one of the most valuable books I have ever come across, I wouldn´t recommend it for a beginner, especially as it sounds like you are more interested in magic than mentalism. I would totally agree with Stewart and the others about Wilson´s complete course, but I would strongly encourage you to have a look at Joshua Jay´s complete course, too. The latter is a real treasure and a bargain too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Propless tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL