The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid Show Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
Hi everyone,

I have my first kid show coming up in December. I have allot of card and some close up effects,but those are mainly for the older audience. So I was looking at purchasing these effects, if you could tell me what you think of them (pros/cons/how hard they are to learn). Thanks in advance.

Appearing 8-ft Wand
Color Changing Book
Bubble Gum
Pancho the Duck
Topsy Poppsy Wand
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Nestled Wands
Vanishing Crayons
Change Bag

Also, if there are any books that I should get, or anything else that you think would help.

Paul
Leo B. Domapias
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Leo B. Domapias
I'd recommend David Ginn's "Professional Magic For Children." In it, David discusses routines, tricks (mostly dealers' items, gags, funny bits of business).

He has dozens and dozens of books, but I think "Professional Magic for Children" does an excellent job teaching a strong foundation for children's magic.

Ben Benjay
Manila, Philippines
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Here is my input on the the items you want to purchase:

• Change Bag: ***** 5 Stars
    The best buy of the century, zippered duel change bag at Wiazard Craft for $15.00. This effect is a must-have in any magician's suitcase. There are so many things and effects that can be done with the change bag.
  • Color Changing Book: ***** 5 Stars
    Another great effect and works well with the vanishing crayons. I like showing it as a standard coloring book with lined pictures first then use the invisible crayons that were vanished to color then use an invisible eraser to erase the colors. The third time they do it they even erase the lines, bringing closure to this great trick.
  • Vanishing Crayons: **** 4 Stars
    Good for the coloring book effect. Nice choice.
  • Bubble Gum: *** 3 Stars (must replace and it cost money)
    If done right it can be funny. For instance, reaching in the change bag for a silk and pulling gum out, or have a kid put a silk in the bag and you go take it out but you pull the gum, looking strangely at the kid like he put it in there (without accusations).
  • Appearing 8-ft Wand: *** 3 Stars
    Nice for a quick effect and give to a five year old. Big props with small kids is funny.
  • Topsy Poppsy Wand: *** 3 Stars
    Another comedy prop. I use it for a few laughs.
  • Nestled Wands: ***** 5 Stars
    One of the best comedy props in the wand area. Great for laughs.
  • Sorcerer's Apprentice: * 1 Star
    On a personal note, I have this and don't like it. When I saw my son with a toilet plunger on the head, the elastic strap too tight, and also saw a clown do it with a baby hat and plunger, it really looked humiliating to the assistant. If you do chose to buy this, then do it on yourself not a kid.
  • Pancho the Duck: Not rated
    I don't know this one but looked it up. It reads well, but I am one not to do card tricks for kids (I do them, but rarely.)
Dennis Michael
20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
Thanks guys, you both were realy helpful.

Were can I get David Ginn's "Professional Magic For Children"? How much does it cost?

Paul
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Paul:

David Ginn's book is excellent, but out of print. However, I believe Denny and Lee have one or two used copies (Denny had two listed on his last used-book email). You can contact him through his website, http://www.dennymagic.com. It is hardbound and I believe Denny's price is $20.00 which is a bargain.

Ron
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Contact David Ginn by email [email]ginnorders@mindspring.com[/email] and ask him if he has any books available. He might just has some on sale!
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kid Show Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL