The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Putting Act together (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 20:18, FunTimeAl wrote:
Who would work hard all day on their show only to give all their secrets away to a buncha weekend warrior hacks that will only thank them by crowding the pitch at prime time! Who does that appeal to?

That is soooooo true, Mr Funtimeal (happy dinner in Bangkok?)
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Lol! Eric you re a hoot.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
662 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Yep, I'm sure that my whacky sense of zany humor leaves everyone nonplussed.

Actually, I think everyone here has couched their suggestions fairly well with declarative caveats. And as I have written elsewhere, you can make a home for just about any effect or style outside as long as the performer is willing to put the work in to make it so. So I see no harm with performers offering qualified advice here or elsewhere. Regardless of their experience or preferred venue. As long as it is taken for what it is, my advice included.

That's so much better than everyone storming the sidewalks with "their" latest, revolutionary, Gazzo-inspired cup and ball routine.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Well I would take offense if he is implying that I don't have enough shows under my belt to give quality advice, and if that is the case then he obviously has no clue who I am or what I've accomplished - which is a clear indicator he is not qualified to make such an assertion against me.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Quote:
That's so much better than everyone storming the sidewalks with "their" latest, revolutionary, Gazzo-inspired cup and ball routine.

Would it help if in fact I've never actually seen Gazzo do the C&B (or perform, for that matter) and learned my basics from a book written in 1865, then simply practiced to find what worked, put my own moves together and then presented it?

Or do I have to buy a particular magician's "brand name" DVD to have "street cred"?
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
662 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
I was being somewhat fascetious. Seems like if anyone does a cup and ball routine they're doing Gazzo's act (again, that is remark is made in jest).

I don't care who does what. They will do unjustice to themselves, only, if they try and clone someone else's show.

So experiment, play and get that street cred the only way anyone can: by working your show on the street.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
My football coach in high school was an all-star wrestler in his high school career, yet never played football in high school or college.

We went three years being undefeated the most memorial times for our graduating class.

Moral of this story is, you can be a great inspiration, coach and knowledgeable without having to ever play the game. But to be the player on the field only you can do!! I am not a busker,,

I fully agree with Eric, street cred is what separates me from those of you who busk for a living.

I am however an entertainer no matter where I perform.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
*grin* No worries, Eric. I was just being an educated gluteous maximus.

Always been a DIY/learn it yourself/read a book/learn from a teacher kind of guy. Can't learn anything if you don't fall on your face occasionally. Only way to do THAT is to get out there and perform.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Lol...Joe you're a hoot too.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 23:32, Bobby Maverick wrote:
Lol...Joe you're a hoot too.

Are you referring to me? My name is "JoeJoe".

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
And Bobby ... if you feel you have better advice, then perhaps you should post it and let people decide for themselves. If you are not here to help other magicians, then get out of the way of those us of that are.

-JoeJoe
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
Can one ever learn to swim if they don't get wet?
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
This kind of post shows lack of confidence... your show is your life... fu** internet... don't reveal your secrets in the internet...
"they" are everywhere... you only need to read one blog... and go there... if you really want it...
You are a perfectionist... that doesn't work in the streets...

I wonder if people generally asks for advice in the internet when they start their sexual life, (times changing)
as they ask to start busking...

GO THERE AND DO IT, EXPERIENCE...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Putting Act together (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL