The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Help! great mentalist leture(who has something to sell wanted!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Hi Guys,
heres the deal.
On faceebook there is a very popular group called magicians of face book UK, its locked and you can only become part of it when accepted, so this stops the humans entering.
Anyway, a couple of us have decided to hold our own mini get togeather which has turned in too a convention!
The idea is NON coprate, NOT attached to any shop, NON profit making, just great Fun, no strings easy going and one of the most rexaling and NOT up its own arse (if you know what I mean) conventions going!

So plan is in the Midlands, this seems to be the most central, October 27/28. Plan so far is arrive saturday night for a good social and a magic comp open to everyone, maybe a few demos etc. On the 28th there will be SMALL dealers, letures, demos and what ever anyone comes up with.

Oh I forgot to mention, just aabout everything major like dates/venue etc has/is being decided by a vote on the site, so another unique touch.
We have 4 really good letures booked so far (cant name public yet but happy to talk to intrested parties and revel then) One very 'now' hot magician with a new take on cards and magic, One well know magi who is releasing more things this year, and a great aauthor, who will have a great take on presentation etc rarther than just effects also a bizzare magic leture and an amazing young card wizard who can memories about a 1'000' decks..lol
You may see I'm missing someone from my art!! I need a great mentalist, hopefully someone who people know (well me at least ;-) ) Also someone who has something to sell, I say this as...this is the tochy part..we are not really paying,we cant everything we are doing is on the cheap, ie small stalls at a great hire price, cheap tickets etc. BUT we will give expences and hotel room etc, and you would get a stall to sell and demo your products so hopefully you would make money anyway. I was looking for commercial mentalism really as there will only be about 100 there and want to keep it as popular as possible, so any mark elsdons, luke jermays etc out there please Inbox be for more info

Also if you want a cheap stall, want more info or can help in anyway please let me know

If you are intrested in 'liking' the convention page so you can keep uptodate please visit;
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/364280026946237/

the magi site if you are intrested is;

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/224572417555729/

love to all
T
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Good luck keeping the humans out.
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Quote:
On 2012-03-14 05:53, Futureal wrote:
Good luck keeping the humans out.

:)
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Quote:
So plan is in the Midlands, this seems to be the most central
What an amazing coincidence! A place called 'the Midlands' for some reason also happens to be the most central. What are the odds?
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Erm, well thanks Ian for the comment, I do know for a fact that some young Magi are not quite up on there geography, and some would argue that something like Manchester is more central in the uk, but never mind!
;-)
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Same as Centreparks...oh...
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Quote:
I do know for a fact that some young Magi are not quite up on there geography

I know some people don't appreciate this sort of thing being pointed out, but, you know, just case you want to get it right or it ever comes up in a book test or something... 'there' refers to places (as in 'over there') and 'their' is a possessive adjective (as in 'their geography'). I'm not being snide or nasty. I make lots of mistakes too. I'm just mentioning it so you know.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Ok, but any input in the requst would be cool too......
just so you know I atcaully have a form of Dislexier and speeling and grammer gets all mixed up, I sawp letters and commas, and have a 'blindness' to which works correctly, I have had it sinse i\ was a kid and hve lived with it for 35 years being told its not right, going through extra lesssons at scholl in the dark ages of school when its was not reconised.
But, saying that I hold a very respectable possition in a very large and famous fashion company at ahigh level, and I have someone who does my important letters!
But, thanks anyway
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Well.... Thanks for the input.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Help! great mentalist leture(who has something to sell wanted!) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL