The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Regular expanded shell for Next Generation Flipper? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I wanted to purchase the Triception Half Dollar coin set but I wanted the option of using a regular, non-shimmed expanded sh..l with the NG flipper that comes with the Triception coin set. Would a regular expanded half dollar sh..l fit over the NG Flipper or would Mark Mason have to make up a specially made exxpanded sh..l?

Thank you very much.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I use dollar coins. And, through Mark, special-ordered a Next Gen Flipper from Bob Swadling; providing my own silver coins. The flipper, by the way, is a thing of beauty!
It fits into my other dollar sh**ls just fine. Your Triception coin(s) should be the same size as a regular half and therefore should fit in a REGULAR half dollar expanded sh**l. Obviously, if it's an 'unexpanded' sh**l, no coins but those machined to fit the unexpanded prop will fit. But a regular expanded sh**l? ...You should be fine. Every sh**l is different, of course, depending on the shape of the coin when it was made, the material, (silver, copper, an alloy, etc.), and whether or not it has dings or inconsistencies from having been dropped or mishandled. But for 95% of the sh**ls out there, I'd say you're okay.
Call Mark to verify if you are nervous about it. But you should be able to tell before nesting the Triception coin. And just in case, have a glass handy to bang-separate the two. Should be totally fine, though. You could always purchase a sh**l from Mark/Bob, as well. ;o)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Regular expanded shell for Next Generation Flipper? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL