The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Four Nightmare Dx and Illusion Scale. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
He didn't write back after that. Why am I not surprised.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1908 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Hmmm yes that's definately not Tenyo's Illusion Scale - it has a curved case, not a rectangular one. My first one bought had this and my spare bought e few weeks ago from another Ebay seller in Japan has it.

I keep wondering about Four Nightmares ... . Aghh, returning it to Maxello, shipping costs, ... I wonder if it's worth it. Especially because I really believe that it is genuine Tenyo, it resembles other pictus of the trick (including the package) 100 % ... .
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I agree Tweety.

To be fair, I also realize this could be just an anomaly on Maxello's part, and I am not suggesting anything else is not what is advertised.

Just annoyed (or ticked off Smile ) about it and that their email mentioned my "expectations".

I am sure John is a nice person, so maybe he just made an error on this item only, but I do find it a bit disappointing that as of today, he still has it listed as Tenyo after I alerted him to this. Here is the additional email he sent to me:

Our supplier says he is sourcing these from Japan.
As they where in time given away and never sold retail we bought his explanation about the packaging

It is not about "the packaging". It's about a counterfit item.

Why not remove the tiem until it is sorted out?

P.S-DX could be fine, but I have to be honest, I am questioning it.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2365 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I haven't seen the rope trick, but Tenyo wouldn't make anything that looks like crap.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 00:09, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I haven't seen the rope trick, but Tenyo wouldn't make anything that looks like crap.

Well to be honest, the 2 DX I received from Maxello are a bit crappish...if that is a word, Smile.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of xl18
If you like I could email you some pictures of the ropes I have. Perhaps then you can compare them and know for sure.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Sure. PM sent.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I just received this response from Maxello.

Not sure what to make about his comment about the DX Rope. Sounds like he is saying it is a FAKE too.

Quote:
From Buyer
3/17/2012 00:14 PDT

If you find me the original Illusion Trick and DX Ropes that are not defective an exchange is fine, but if not I expect a full refund with shipping to and from returned. I messaged you about having a fake Tenyo on your site yet you have not changed the description which is wrong.

From Seller

3/19/2012 00:04 PDT

Please return the items for a full refund. Address is on the invoice.

From Buyer

3/19/2012 00:29 PDT

Answer the questions.

One: Why is the Illusion Trick NOT Tenyo as advertised, and

Two: Is the DX rope trick a FAKE knockoff of Tenyo too?

From Seller

3/19/2012 02:25 PDT

We cannot exchange as the Illusion Scale only was given away and not sold to retailers. The Four Nightmares DX Rope trick is a Tenyo but produced by a different manufacturer. We have changed the description on our site accordingly. Please return the items for a refund. If you would find the items useful, we can offer a discount on the items.

Nice on the offer for a refund (though that is a non brainer) and offer of a discount, but the Illusion Scale says "First Magic" right on the package and is cheap quality. Also, he still keeps saying this: "...the Illusion Scale only was given away and not sold to retailers". Right, the REAL Tenyo Illusion Scale was given away and not sold to retailers, but his fakes were sold and to many people Smile .

To be fair, I will give him the benefit of the doubt there, but he still left it as "Tenyo" for a few days after I told him it was not.

I just noticed today, "Illusion Scale" and the "Four Nightmares DX Rope" has been removed from the Maxello site. First time I purchased from Maxello and both items were knockoffs. Oh well, glad the fake items were removed (with the help from Café members of course Smile).

It is strange he would ask if I would find FAKE items "useful". This quote from him struck me as a bit of a spin:

"The Four Nightmares DX Rope trick is a Tenyo but produced by a different manufacturer".

Not sure how that can be. It is either Tenyo or it is not.

Different manufacturer I would think means NOT Tenyo and FAKE correct?
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
I know this is a bit off topic. But as I see you're talking about maxelo, let me ask. I purchased Crystal Pyramid from Maxello, should I be worried about it being a fake?
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Mine says "Created and Manufactured by Tenyo Japan" on the black base.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3259 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi That's Cool good job on identifying bogus products. In the interest of good karma I think there is enough evidence to cut Maxello a little slack. A number of us have purchased numerous items from them with no isues which would suggest this is not a pattern. We do not know if he may have been duped by his wholesaler into believing the items were genuine and he may have needed some time to verify that. He has offered to refund your purchase or provide a discount and he has removed the said products. In this day and age when ripoff products are increasingly becoming the norm I think tney have been pretty responsive.

Cheers,

John
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 23:04, J M Talbot wrote:
Hi That's Cool good job on identifying bogus products. In the interest of good karma I think there is enough evidence to cut Maxello a little slack. A number of us have purchased numerous items from them with no isues which would suggest this is not a pattern. We do not know if he may have been duped by his wholesaler into believing the items were genuine and he may have needed some time to verify that. He has offered to refund your purchase or provide a discount and he has removed the said products. In this day and age when ripoff products are increasingly becoming the norm I think tney have been pretty responsive.

Cheers,

John

Cheers John.

I agree with you to a point. I also said more than once to "give him the benefit of the doubt" and I did. The thing is, he still left it as "Tenyo" 3 days after I told him it was not. He acknowledged it said "First Magic" on it and that it was not Tenyo early on. Sorry John, but he does not a get a pass about that too. I am not saying anything bad about him as a person, etc, but he dropped the ball big time. He did. Nobody else.

Maybe Stereo can elaborate on his feelings as to why he said this:

Quote:
On 2012-03-15 10:25, stereo wrote:
So I think it's time for to say what I wanna say for long time but I don't say lol
I removed very quickly web address of Maxello Shop on my blog in link section because all the items I bought in this shop was defective, or different from the original vesrion.
But as everyone here seemed happy I did not say nothing.
My illusion scale is plastic and my original DX rope are perfect even in Close up ( you have to standing so it's not real close up but very close ) The rope and gimmick are white and really you can not see the glue. It's perfect.

Where did you purchase your Illusion Scale and DX items Stereo?

Additonally, it took multiple messages from me pointing things out to him over and over. He did not remove the items during that time. When he saw I was not backing down with my concerns, he finally responded accordingly and removed the items.

I am sure the majority of Maxello's items are fine, but my first purchase from them consisted of items described as Tenyo that were not.

His response about the Four Nightmares DX "Tenyo" rope trick though was cryptic.

"The Four Nightmares DX Rope trick is a Tenyo but produced by a different manufacturer."

What does that mean exactly?

By the way, I never said the Dx was a knock off, I asked him about it as the quality seemed off for a supposed Tenyo item. Just as I asked about the quality of the Illusion trick. That we now know is a fake knock off.

I would still like to know what the DX is. Authentic Tenyo manufactured item or not?
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I wanted to add that it makes sense that this was the "suppliers fault" and mistakes happen. I'm all for giving everyone a chance as none of us is perfect.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1908 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Where the heck did the other topic go ???

Anyway, perhaps it's better to put it here anyway.

To make a long story short, yes, Four Nightmares is being copied by a Chinese manufacturer (I couldn't believe it at first because the package looks identical (well almost it seems, see last picture) to the Tenyo version, but now I'm 100 % sure) and is now sold all over Ebay/the world. Maxello adjusted his website (not mentioning Tenyo anymore) and an Ebay seller I contacted stated the item is from China.
50 bucks thrown away ... unbelievable this is possible.
Buy yourself a genuine one from Magico Japan like I just did, I'm sure she has a few left.

Here are some pictures of the knock-off version:

End of the rope:

Pieces attached with the gimmicks:

Front/label: as you can see the title isn't copied OK, a piece of the title (Four Nightmares DX) 'falls off':
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of guerrestellari
Hi guys,

Was responding to Killertweety's post on DX nightmare on another post which was removed.

For the Japanese Tenyo nightmare DX, the ends are definitely white but the cross-section of the ropes where the gimmick is hidden is concealed using thin white paper which is prone to being dislodged from continuous usage. The problem can be solved by fastening back the paper using glue.

I would also recommend those performing the trick to ensure that their hands are washed clean first. This is because the white ropes do tend to accumulate dirt especially at the sections whereby there is a lot of contact. Also the ends do tend to fray from prolonged usage.

So handle your ropes with care!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1908 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks for the suggestions G.
G also just pointed out the package of Four Nightmares from Magico Japan also has the piece of the title falling off ... . However I do think that package/paper used for the label is more grey then mine ... . I'll contact Magico (again Smile ).
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2832 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Generally speaking, let's not be too naive!
It's always a clever thing to pick holes in the fact that a seller suddenly has lots of OOP stuff for sale... This doesn't mean it has to be a knock-off, of course, but a grain of wariness is avisable, imho.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1908 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
A wise advice Nicolino. I've learned my lesson, trust me. I'm very exited to see how a 'good' Four Nightmares looks like, I'll post pictures as soon as I have it.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 07:13, Killertweety wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions G.
G also just pointed out the package of Four Nightmares from Magico Japan also has the piece of the title falling off ... . However I do think that package/paper used for the label is more grey then mine ... . I'll contact Magico (again Smile ).

The wording in the photo of Hitomi's booklet are not cut off. It looks just like the booklet for the Tenyo version and she did get hers directly from Tenyo.

Though now she is sold out after I started his thread. As of yesterday, the last one(s) were purchased from here. Guess for now, me and a few others are SOL.

I hope whomever bought them is not one of the stores that snatch up everything only to mark them up unfairly to sell later.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of xl18
Seo Magic still has this in stock. It looks like it is about the same price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Four Nightmare Dx and Illusion Scale. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL