The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Four Nightmare Dx and Illusion Scale. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3317 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Rip-offs are unfortunately becoming the norm. I spotted a rip-off of the new Micro Psychic effect from a China suplier for $65 (noraml retail is $160) (I believe it has now been removed). Slo-Motion has been ripped off, the Quantum Bender was ripped off to the point where the original creator has given up. The company Magic Makers over the years has built a business on stealing and manufacturing items that do not belong to them. Look at the number of older Tenyo items that have been ripped off by other manufacturers. The insidious part of the new rip-off artists is that they are now duplicating packaging, etc.

It is not right but definitely buyer beware... If it seems too cheap there is probably a reason. Given the higher prices certain Tenyo items are commanding on e-bay I am sure there are some enterprising individuals somewhere wondering if they can cash in on that.

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3317 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
As a side bar to those that have purchased Four Nightmares, do you actually like the effect? The "soft" Tenyo items are my least favorite so I have held off on buying this.

Thanks,

John
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Was setting this up to edit but when I finished it was too late to edit, so I am re posting.

Quote:
On 2012-03-21 07:13, Killertweety wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions G.
G also just pointed out the package of Four Nightmares from Magico Japan also has the piece of the title falling off ... . However I do think that package/paper used for the label is more grey then mine ... . I'll contact Magico (again Smile ).

The wording in the photo of Hitomi's booklet are not cut off. It looks just like the booklet for the Tenyo version and she did get hers directly from Tenyo.

Here is a comparison of the graphics between Stereo's Tenyo Blogspot, Magico on Ebay, and Maxello. The Maxello pic is form the pic I took of my booklet. Below this comparison is a comparison I did of my DX from Maxello and the others.

Notice that the Tenyo blogspot and Magico graphics match but the Maxello's are cut off. The color differences in the booklet has to do with photo quality etc, so I am not concerned about it right now.

Here are two additional comparisons of the items. The questionable DX sold by Maxello, and the DX from Magico she received direct from Tenyo. Notice Magico's Tenyo item is a bag withing a bag and Maxello's is just one zip lock type bag.

Magico sold out as of yesterday, March 21st, after the postings made here. Guess for now, me and a few others are SOL.

I hope whomever bought them is not one of the stores that snatch up everything only to mark them up unfairly to sell later.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 15:26, that'sCool wrote:
I hope whomever bought them is not one of the stores that snatch up everything only to mark them up unfairly to sell later.

As you might have figured out from one of my previous posts I bought one yesterday, the last one she had on Ebay, and after playing with it it's going straight to my Tenyo collectors cabinet/shelves Smile And like I do with most Tenyo tricks, if I like it I will buy one more to peform with.

I'm pretty confident she'll find a few more when you ask her, but I wouldn't wait too long if you're interested ... . Also they are still available here: http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/419 - I don't know if they are genuine Tenyo or the knock off - the price seems 'real Tenyo' however.

John, I know how the trick/routine works (more or less) because of the knock-off version I own of course. It's a good routine but I need English explanations - the instructional video from SEO-magic would also help but I didn't buy from them. As I do mainly close-up tricks it isn't something I will use a lot. It also requires practice to do fluently I believe, but it's not as hard to do as Hungarian Linking Ropes.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Here is a comparison between the known authentic Tenyo Illusion Scale and the definitely fake Illusion Scales previously sold by Maxello:

Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
You put a lot of effort into this that'scool, and that's cool! (sorry, I always wanted to say this Smile. Thanks.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 16:07, Killertweety wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 15:26, that'sCool wrote:

As you might have figured out from one of my previous posts I bought one yesterday, the last one she had on Ebay, and after playing with it it's going straight to my Tenyo collectors cabinet/shelves Smile And like I do with most Tenyo tricks, if I like it I will buy one more to peform with.

I'm pretty confident she'll find a few more when you ask her, but I wouldn't wait too long if you're interested ... . Also they are still available here: http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/419 - I don't know if they are genuine Tenyo or the knock off - the price seems 'real Tenyo' however.

John, I know how the trick/routine works (more or less) because of the knock-off version I own of course. It's a good routine but I need English explanations - the instructional video from SEO-magic would also help but I didn't buy from them. As I do mainly close-up tricks it isn't something I will use a lot. It also requires practice to do fluently I believe, but it's not as hard to do as Hungarian Linking Ropes.

Glad it was you Tweety Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Makes me wonder ... the person that bought all the Illusion Scales from Maxello not that long ago to make a good profit in a few years will probably be pulling his hairs out right now Smile
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Maybe not. They could sell them with the same description they purchased them under. Hopefully they don't do that.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
And make a profit when there are dozens for sale in the next few years I believe? Perhaps, you never know Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
It look like that the Review from Glenn Duncan about Invisible Zone in blog is perfectly in the news!
Here is a beautiful illustration of what he tried to explain on the copies and contrefait items and the harm they do to the industry of Magic.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
How about the polybagged Tenyo tricks. In my opinion it is not something Tenyo would be likely to do. And all the instructions are photocopied.

I have a poly bagged Super Spike and Moon Spinner and neither has Tenyo markings on the trick, is that correct?

AA
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of guerrestellari
Hi guys,

Yes, on seeing the photos I can confirm there is a big difference in quality.

When I got the DX ropes from Japan, I thought there was a mistake because I could only locate 2 ropes no matter how hard I tried (l haven't read the instructions yet - lol) I really had to scrutinize very carefully and it really took me quite a while to locate the 'hidden' rope. I almost wanted to have them returned for missing rope!!

As mentioned in my earlier post, do remember to have clean hands handling the ropes, the areas where there is a lot of contact will cause the section to "darken" and bring unwanted attention. There is also the possibility of fraying.
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Hi AA,

In my opinion , polybagged tricks are suspect. A japanese company like Tenyo who takes pride in packaging would never do something like that.
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

On the subject on Japanese Tenyo, I can get these direct but they would have to be in carton quantity (of 12)

If anyone is interested in Illusion scale, its US$23 shipped via letter post from Japan to worldwide. Let me know if you guys want to do a mass order?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2199 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Tenyo has released some effects in polybags...
T-195 Grand Derby Prediction
T-194 Mind Spinner
T-193 Magic Painting
T-192 Wild Wallet Leather

...but they all have Tenyo's marking (or logos) on the instructions sheet.
Magic Wagon Secret Sessions thread : Table of contents
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-22 00:28, simcoscor wrote:
Tenyo has released some effects in polybags...
T-195 Grand Derby Prediction
T-194 Mind Spinner
T-193 Magic Painting
T-192 Wild Wallet Leather

...but they all have Tenyo's marking (or logos) on the instructions sheet.

Yes, those you listed are Tenyo releases without refute, and comes in labelled packaging. I am refering to more common polybagged tenyo in plain bags marketed as "overstocks" such as flash dice etc...
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of xl18
I was always wondering about the polybagged tricks as to where they came from and why were they packaged like that. I did at some point get 2 of them - Infintum and Moonspinner. The Infinitum does have have the "Manufactured by Tenyo Japan" markings on the bottom so it certainly looks legit. The Moonspinner didn't have any markings but I don't know if the packaged one did either.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3317 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
My understanding was that Tenyo in the past had shipped tricks in bulk in this form to some European countries (non- English speaking)as it was too expensive to provide custom packaging. I have purchased a few items this way and they are original Tenyo items.

John
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2012-03-22 12:00, J M Talbot wrote:
My understanding was that Tenyo in the past had shipped tricks in bulk in this form to some European countries (non- English speaking)as it was too expensive to provide custom packaging. I have purchased a few items this way and they are original Tenyo items.

John

JMT,

My understanding is the same, but I got this information from the sellers who are selling them and not from and independent source. Was you source more reliable?

AA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Four Nightmare Dx and Illusion Scale. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL