The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Four Nightmare Dx and Illusion Scale. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3278 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
AA, to be honest cannot remember where I heard that from, but likey from a seller as well. I purchased an Alpha Tunnel in that format (probably from Maxello) but was able to confirm it was 100% legit by comparing it to a known Tenyo version.

John
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I have sent a letter to one of the guys at Tenyo regarding the composition of the props in Illusion Scale, i.e., plastic or cardboard. When he responds (it usually takes a day or two), I'll post a note here.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Thanks Richard, I can't wait to hear his input on this. Can you ask him about the Four Nightmare DX item?

The Illusion Scale sold by Maxello though is still a knock off of Tenyo's no matter what the authentic ones are made of.

"First Magic" is/was the company making them, not Tenyo. I can't say what the deal is with Maxello's DX rope however. The booklet's lettering seems off and the quality of the ropes appear to not be up to par with Tenyo quality.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1908 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-03-22 12:00, J M Talbot wrote:
My understanding was that Tenyo in the past had shipped tricks in bulk in this form to some European countries (non- English speaking)as it was too expensive to provide custom packaging. I have purchased a few items this way and they are original Tenyo items.

John

This is what I have been told too, a pretty reliable source. What's more is that I have found a few genuine Tenyo items sold under another name in Europe. I believe some companies bought a large number of original Tenyo in bulk and sold them under their own name, often with a copy of the original Tenyo instructions. Last week I bought a Magic Tube, just to have a spare one because I only have the Tenyo version but I like the trick. I got it a few days ago, opened it and there was a German manual. The magic tube itself resembled a lot like the Tenyo one - I looked at it carefully and on the bottom of the tube there was the Tenyo logo/rabbit engraved ... it was/is the original Tenyo Magic Tube (no John, not with a cork, with the red plastic cap Smile ). I compared it to be sure with my original Tenyo Magic Cube and the they are 100 % the same.

So yes, I do believe Tenyo has sold items in bulk to Europe in the past.

One more thing - there are Four Nigthmare DX's sold in shops that are also the knock-off versions, so it isn't only the shop we have refered to. The shop we refered to doesn't discribe it anymore as Tenyo by the way. As far as I know there are two sellers that have the genuine Tenyo version (I could be wrong and there could be more, but these are the two I know of): Seomagic and Magico Japan.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of xl18
Interesting. I have seen some other items that looked exactly like Tenyo's under different names but I have always assumed they were knock offs. I guess I will now take a closer look.
By the way can I see a picture of what the packaging looks like for your new Magic Tube? I don't have that one yet so it would be nice to know of another option.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

My friend at Tenyo responded: "We have never manufactured Sakkaku Illusion scale in cardboard.
If you see it, it is not our product."
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1908 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-03-23 09:36, xl18 wrote:
By the way can I see a picture of what the packaging looks like for your new Magic Tube? I don't have that one yet so it would be nice to know of another option.

If you want I can take a picture, but it's just a small ziplock bag, no logo, no nothing.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-03-23 11:11, Richard Kaufman wrote:
My friend at Tenyo responded: "We have never manufactured Sakkaku Illusion scale in cardboard.
If you see it, it is not our product."

Just as everyone thought. Thanks Richard Smile .

Anything about the Four Nightmare DX?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

I didn't ask about "Four Nightmare DX" because I don't own one and wouldn't know exactly what to ask.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Could you ask him if has a photo of the original Tenyo packaging and ropes? If not that's cool, Smile,.

Again, thanks for the IS input.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Can anyone post close up pics of their authentic recently purchased Tenyo DX Rope?

Where they are attatched close up and from a bit away as well as the tip ends?

Thanks Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

I'll be in Japan in the near future, and have the opportunity to purchase a DX Rope. Once I get it back I can discuss its quality.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1908 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
My version will arrive next week that'scool, I'll post a picture of it on my website and let you know.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Ok, I received my authentic Tenyo Four Nightmare DX today from Seo and I am a happy camper. It was $75 and even though it was almost twice the price of the shoddy, FAKE ONES Maxello had sold, it was worth it.

I paid $75, which included an English speaking dvd on how to perform all of the routines for the illusion. Without the dvd the price is $70.

The quality is much, much better as it is authentic Tenyo. It is very hard to see the seams as the pieces fit very nicely together and are not discolored. I took some quick pics to show everyone.

stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have buy my Tenyo T-191 The Cutting Edge on maxello website 2 years ago.
So I put it on blog and for Quality and finish of props I writte "Very bad". Now I ask myself whether I received a true copy, and if the atrocious quality is actually the work of Tenyo or counterfeit item.
For people who have the real magic trick. How do you rate the quality ?
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
As I mentioned above, the quality of the authentic Tenyo Four Nightmare DX is much better than the obviously fake Maxello one.

If I were to rate it, the real Tenyo I just received is close to a 9 out of 10.

Unfortunately, the DVD I bought with it will not play at all (it has a few nasty scratches on it, so maybe that is showing it as unreadable. Not sure) The person at SEO was nice and said to mail it back for them to check. Then hopefully they will send me one that plays.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2374 Posts

Daisuke from Seo Magic USA is a great guy and will offer excellent customer service.

stereo: Sounds like your "Cutting Edge" is a Chinese knock-off. The Tenyo original is made with the same quality as all of their products.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Stereo,

I looked at your pictures and the Cutting Edge looks right to me.

There have been knockoffs but only one that went to the extreme of copying everything down to the packaging, instructions and name. As far as I know Four Nightmare DX is the first that tried to portray itself as an actual Tenyo item. All other knock-offs that I know of have been packaged and named differently than Tenyo and not representing that they were made by Tenyo.

AA
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-03-29 21:36, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Daisuke from Seo Magic USA is a great guy and will offer excellent customer service.

stereo: Sounds like your "Cutting Edge" is a Chinese knock-off. The Tenyo original is made with the same quality as all of their products.

I have spoken with his wife and she is very nice. I told her I mentioned that I was pleased with the quality of the DX so she may get some orders Smile . The shipping from Seo was very fast too, Smile.
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of guerrestellari
Quote:
On 2012-03-29 16:55, that'sCool wrote:
...The quality is much, much better as it is authentic Tenyo. It is very hard to see the seams as the pieces fit very nicely together and are not discolored. I took some quick pics to show everyone.

Haha, as I mentioned in an earler post, I thought I received 1 rope short when I first got it Smile Yes, quality is good, but as I have warned, repeated usage and handling will cause the sections to darken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Four Nightmare Dx and Illusion Scale. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL