The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 10000 decimals of Pi (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I am happy to say I performed this on Friday the 13th, for a presentation of math and mythology - first time I did it for a very large crowd of university and healthcare professionals - and it SLAYED. It was great - and it was so wonderful to just go on and on with the recital - I felt like singing it - people were *** impressed.... this truly is a work of genius - and I'll be working this in to other presentations whenever I can justify it - because its just soooo good.

hehe, I did also make sure the audience got some pie at the end (rhubarb strawberry, blueberry and apple crumble).....

Kudos to you Vincent!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2017, Dr Spektor wrote:
I am happy to say I performed this on Friday the 13th, for a presentation of math and mythology - first time I did it for a very large crowd of university and healthcare professionals - and it SLAYED. It was great - and it was so wonderful to just go on and on with the recital - I felt like singing it - people were *** impressed.... this truly is a work of genius - and I'll be working this in to other presentations whenever I can justify it - because its just soooo good.

hehe, I did also make sure the audience got some pie at the end (rhubarb strawberry, blueberry and apple crumble).....

Kudos to you Vincent!

May I ask a question Dr Spector, feel free to answer via pm

1. How long have you had the effect?
2. Which version ?
3. On doing the initial learning of the method did you just practice the numbers over and over until they become memorised??

Thanks
Dr Rob
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi,

1) 4 weeks - got it before going on vacation, did a few dry runs, then just kept practicing it etc. - it is way easier than you think - took me 2 days of practice to be pretty up to speed - but then spent a few weeks practicing with various people before the big show - by then I could just roll the numbers off - the beauty is if you need to stop and think - it looks even better because you are wracking your memory ;0

2) Stackless (I know many other stacks but I wanted to get this anyway for the fun of it - it works charmingly well - I'm still amazed how Vincent created this book - its so cool)

3) I did not practice the "numbers" but chanted the mantra so to speak - if you got Stackless. I did not memorize the numbers themselves if you know what I mean - the memory work was only for the mantra and knowing the equations.

Its worth it - you might be worried the first time you try - but even when you struggle - I swear it looks more convincing... and if you make one mistake once in a while, doesn't matter once you ramble off 20 numbers in a row..... or more.... coolio
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Thank you, I have the mantra as you say in my head still struggling using the pi app occasionally on the odd bugger of a combination but as you say its a great bit of work vincent did creating this !

My physical book should be with mw tomorrow then its off for a trial run with lay people.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regards
Dr Rob
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey Dr R,

Let us know how it goes - you will be amazed by the reactions.... especially part 2 of the 3..... I find that is good as a stand alone itself pretty much. Heck all 3 phases can stand alone.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
768 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2016, Vincent Hedan wrote:
Also, good news: a free Android app for training with the effect will soon be available! Smile

That's GREAT news!!!!
Smile Smile
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Keenly awaiting for another owner to upload a video of the routine- Starting to get a french accent
Lol

Dr Rob
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
The physical book arrived safely today - now the performances can begin well maybe once I can verbally do a page and a half Smile

Here is an additional idea because each page is 6 digits per line instead if recalling the first 3 numbers per line maybe tell the spectator the last 3 digits if that line or even the last 3 of the second line! An extra phase to the first phase 1a

Dr Rob
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
In regards to phase 1, I like to KISS

it's the hors d'oeuvre

I'm gaging up the opening

I'm then making phase 1 look tough and just do the 3 digits

but horses for courses
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
Since I started to perform Pi...my French has become almost fluent lol
"Pi..the effect that keeps on giving"

252WeeWee
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
*rethinking that sign-off right about now :/

-Theodore Annemann
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
You should, as in stackless it's not in the first 7.5k digits of Pi
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
Maybe at 7.6 of Pi Smile

BEB12-9-6-5
(Yes, I use the stackless version lol)

-Theodore Annemann
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi All

Been practising a different way this evening Ive been covering up the page numbers reading out the digits and trying to remember what page I learnt them on - anyway to fuĺly memorise the sequence.

Dr Rob
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
649 Posts

Profile of Waters.
If I am "rusty" on my previously memorized stack, should I buy the Stack Version or The Stackless? If you were starting from scratch, which is the best way to go? Just wondering.

Thanks
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1325 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I have both an Aronson stack booklet, and then when 2.0 came out, went with the stackless version. I prefer the stackless version because I find it easier to recognize the stackless patterns on the even verse odd pages. Don't want to say more than that, but it's more straightforward in my mind.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
649 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Thank you Mr. Mindbeder. This helps a lot!
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
I got the stackless version. But, I do use a stack a lot (Atlas Brookings Solution stack).
I've almost worn out my original copy of Pi. Kind of curious if I should have tried the stack version first.
Maybe when I get a replacement I'll get an extra version in stack. Probably end up losing what little of my mind is left lol

-Theodore Annemann
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2017, 252life wrote:
I got the stackless version. But, I do use a stack a lot (Atlas Brookings Solution stack).
I've almost worn out my original copy of Pi. Kind of curious if I should have tried the stack version first.
Maybe when I get a replacement I'll get an extra version in stack. Probably end up losing what little of my mind is left lol

yikes

doing two versions?

just be easier to learn pi for real
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
Lol good point. I think I've become a mentalism masochist.

252MorePi

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 10000 decimals of Pi (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL