The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 10000 decimals of Pi (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Magic_Niels
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Magic_Niels
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2016, Magic_Niels wrote:
To bad if it's not the real Pi sequence. I remembered the first hundred digits of Pi in under an hour. It's so aesy and still get amazing reactions.

Just used the journey method with my own house as a familiar location.
Easy as pi Smile

Niels,

Don't mind the jealous ones. How did you remember them? Did you use some method to make it easier, or was it just wrote memory?

I ask because he can create a custom book. Perhaps the first page could be the real PI and the rest could be the "method". that would make the routine even more powerful. You could have someone pull up PI on their calculator to verify the first several numbers and then go forward with the routine.

KJ

:-) KJ, I don't mind if anyone is jealous. That wasn't my intesion when I wrote it.

I just don't see the point in buying this effect, although it's still a great effect, when you can get the same effect just from memory with the real pi sequence.
There is a video where memory champion Dominic O'Brien explains his simple method. It's in this video at 16min.18sec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo6h8zhejmU

let me know how it went!

And sorry for my bad english. It's not my native language ;-).
Magic_Niels
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Magic_Niels
And talking about a showoff, take a look in the vid how Dominic O'Brien remembers a random 50 digit number just by hearing it once. Smile
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
I purchased the Osterlind Stack version, as I’m very familiar with it and have used it on numerous occasions but after further review and countless hours of studying and head scratching, I must now concede that the Stackless version is probably what I should have purchased. Now this brings me to my dilemma, is there anyone who would like to trade their Stackless version book for my Osterlind version book? I haven’t used the book and it’s in pristine condition. Any takers, please feel free to contact me, I’m willing to send my book first and once you receive it you can send me yours, any takers?

Thank You
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3545 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2016, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
KJ that's completely unnecessary and doesn't make the effect stronger it just falls into the category of over proving. The first page is already the real decimals of pi and the rest of the book is bullet proof as long as you don't leave it in their hands after the effect. You can also pick up a copy of the genuine book if you want to leave it lying around after the show.

As far as really memorising 100 or so digits, using the phonetic system you should be able to get 100 digits under your belt within 20 minutes. I'm sure Harry Lorraine would do it in 5.

Mark

Thanks for sharing. I am really liking the idea of this book. I think you are right. I don't see anyone questioning whether the book really is PI.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3565 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2016, Magic_Niels wrote:
I just don't see the point in buying this effect, although it's still a great effect, when you can get the same effect just from memory with the real pi sequence.

The point is it's not the same effect, memorising the first 100 digits of pi is not the same effect as memorising the first 10,000 decimals of pi. By all means buy the genuine book from Amazon and attempt to reproduce this effect using memory alone with the full real sequence.

The value here is not merely in the demonstration of memorising a lot of numbers it is in the structure of the routine with each phase being more impressive and more difficult as well as being able to add some relevance by locating the spectators birthday in pi. This isn't simply reciting 3.14195.......... etc for 100 or so digits.

First they give you a page number and you tell them the first line of that page. Then they open to any page and give you 5 consecutive digits from anywhere on that page and you identify where they are in pi and continue from that point the next 70-90 digits with no repeating sequence or discernible pattern, you could even go backwards if you choose, or if you want to be really flash you could go forward 40 or so digits and back 40 or so. Finally they tell you their birthday and you tell them the page number, the line and even the position within the line that their birthday falls.

So that's the point of buying this effect, you get a full three phase entertaining routine for a fraction of the effort required to learn even the first 100 digits of pi.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I met Vincent Hedan at the CAM Cnvention in Quebec City , Canada .

I saw him perform the Pi routine.
So great .

I bought the stackless version.

And Vincent is such a nice person !
Vincent Hedan
View Profile
New user
France
46 Posts

Profile of Vincent Hedan
Here is a new video of my live performance of Pi at 4F this year: http://vimeo.com/167086974

The FAQ video will follow soon, with extra bonuses Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6185 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Fantastic!!!! Man, I keep holding off on working on your effect, but you are pushing me to get to it. Great job!

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On May 19, 2016, Greg Arce wrote:
Fantastic!!!! Man, I keep holding off on working on your effect, but you are pushing me to get to it. Great job!

Greg

Same with me, still struggling on and off with the second phase but this video pushes me to grab the book again and start practicing.

Vincent, unbelievable performance, especially the second face!
Great effect!
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
825 Posts

Profile of nique
If anyone has the Joyal Stack version please PM me; I've a problem with pages 46 and 47 in the book.

~ Nique
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
825 Posts

Profile of nique
Sorry; problem solved by Vincent himself!

The problem lay with me. Smile

~ Nique
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
This looks good! I recently met a teenager who could legitimately name 30 decimals of Pi. I can name 1 decimal legitimately.
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Did this last night as a prelude to Sphinx Divination. The combination fried a semi-pro poker player. Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3545 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 26, 2016, jtmorris wrote:
This looks good! I recently met a teenager who could legitimately name 30 decimals of Pi. I can name 1 decimal legitimately.

I'm up to two: 14

KJ
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
My turtle Poncho, will, my love, pick up my new mover, Ginger.

That's 23 decimal places right there.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
When you rattle off 20 digits in twenty seconds the look on their face is --- priceless. hahahahahahhaha And provides a needed break in an all mentalism show. IMHO
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
542 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
When will the faq video with bonuses be released?
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
Vincent Hedan
View Profile
New user
France
46 Posts

Profile of Vincent Hedan
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, DutchFrank wrote:
When will the faq video with bonuses be released?

Soon Smile
I'm currently touring the UK with my mentalism lecture and I plan to release the video when I come back home, during June's last week Smile
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1933 Posts

Profile of 252life
Woot! Can't wait. I really love this effect.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1933 Posts

Profile of 252life
Btw, if anyone is reading this has not checked out Vincent's book test, do so.
Babel is another fantastic release.
His stuff takes some (fun) work, and worth all of it.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 10000 decimals of Pi (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL