The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bebel / Vallarino Inspiration # 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Already received? First reaction?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I also received a shipping confirmation. Should arrive early next week. Smile
MARKC
View Profile
New user
UK
72 Posts

Profile of MARKC
Anybody got this yet?, it's been more than two weeks since I got the shipping notification
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
I also order the dvd around two weeks ago, nothing yet. Really looking foreword to this.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
The wait is over. I received my DVD this morning.
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Any first reaction??
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
The DVD is very good both in content and in production.

If you go to the website: http://www.artecoproductions.com/inspira......ino.html it gives a very accurate description of the four effects that are on the DVD.

1. - Trick of the 4 kings: Bebel performs his version which is followed by Vallarino's performance. This is a very good effect similar to Daley's last trick. However, it has a real kicker of an ending as the kings you have been using for the effect suddenly change into the four aces. Very well done and very well explained.

2. - A, 2, 3, and 4 of Spades: The A, 2, 3, and 4 of Spades are placed into four separate pockets. They immediately change places with the four kings which are found in your pockets and the A, 2, 3, and 4 of Spades are now found in your hands. Vallarino then performs the effect on the table as opposed to in the pockets.

3. - Mabillon: 4 aces are shown. More aces are added, one by one, only to finish with only 4 aces. Very well performed by Bebel.

4. - The Nameless trick: Three cards are selected by three spectators while the cards are in their hands. Vallarino takes the deck back and shuffles. The cards are then produced from under the table. The selections are very fair and with a minimum of handling the three selections are located and produced.

I liked the way the effects were presented. Bebel performs for Vallarino and then vice versa. They talk about each others methods and discuss some possible changes that can be made.

Was this worth the wait? Yes. And, yes, I will order the next volumes as they become available.
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Thank you!!
Eric Fry
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Eric Fry
The feeling of being in a session is a good way to present material. The two performers trade ideas and show variations. Oddly, Vallarino seems to misunderstand the effect in Mabillon. He seems to think the effect is that the performer keeps adding to his packet of cards yet there are always four cards in the packet. I think the effect is that cards keep vanishing from the packet and appearing in the performer's pockets or under the close-up mat. Counting the cards is simply to confirm there are four cards in the packet. In fact, the effect would be clarified and enhanced if the aces were signed. That makes it clear that particular cards are vanishing. The trick a good way to start a four-ace routine.

I like the English voice-over dubbing. This is so much better than having a translator sit next to someone and repeat everything in English (as in Lavand's videos), or listening to a poor English-speaker (as in Tamariz's videos).
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
Quote:
On 2012-07-04 13:52, Eric Fry wrote:
The feeling of being in a session is a good way to present material. The two performers trade ideas and show variations. Oddly, Vallarino seems to misunderstand the effect in Mabillon. He seems to think the effect is that the performer keeps adding to his packet of cards yet there are always four cards in the packet. I think the effect is that cards keep vanishing from the packet and appearing in the performer's pockets or under the close-up mat. Counting the cards is simply to confirm there are four cards in the packet. In fact, the effect would be clarified and enhanced if the aces were signed. That makes it clear that particular cards are vanishing. The trick a good way to start a four-ace routine.

I think that Vallerino's understanding is correct. In this performance by a French magician http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgKnrOyDYNc&feature=related, the patter is that though you can add to the 4 ace packet as many aces as you want, there are only 4 aces in play. He actually says "I'm going to explain a secret of magic. Do you know why magicians use the 4 aces? It's because they can always add some extra aces to the 4 ace packet...". It does not make much sense, the patter I mean, but it gives the idea where the trick is about. The aces from under the mat were supposed to be there from the beginning...

I thing that this trick is the reverse of the 6 card trick: you may remove as many cards from the packet as you wish, it nevertheless always contains 6 cards.

Obviously you may present this trick with a different angle that suits you better.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
Eric Fry
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Eric Fry
Thanks for the perspective. I stand corrected. I do prefer my angle, partly because it takes some heat off the count. If you're counting the packet to confirm what people already believe (that is now contains four cards), their scrutiny will be less intense than if you're trying to prove something counter to their expectations (which is that the packet now contains more than four cards). I also think the effect of cards vanishing is stronger than the effect of adding more cards to a packet and yet always having four cards in it. Anyway, the purpose of sessions is to stimulate ideas like this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bebel / Vallarino Inspiration # 1 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL