The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Miracle Coin Unique (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.jbtvusa.com/latest-j-b-produc......-712.php

I have emailed Mark to ask what the price would be for a Walking Liberty/Silver quarter version.

I assume that it will be well made with a strong m****t as Mark Mason usually produces good gaffs, and if so I think I will be in the market for this. I have heard that the m****ts in older coin uniques will lose some of their power over time.

Anyone know what makes this a "Miracle" coin unique as opposed to a standard coin unique?
Bob Magic
View Profile
New user
San Diego, California
90 Posts

Profile of Bob Magic
If the M*****t is the rare earth (neodymium) type is should last for more years then you do. Alnico(Iron, Aluminum, Nickel Colbalt alloy)types do lose some strength with age. The big drawback with rare earth m*****s is that thay are highly compressed metallic powder. The process is called sintering and the finished product plated with nickel to protect it from abrasion. With some manufacturers the plating is so thin that is dropped they break apart and return to the powder state. Placed in a coin it is protected by several mills of metal and should last indefinitely.

The coin itself reminds me of the m******c Scotch and Soda using a quarter instead of a centavo. Joe Mogar sells them for $40.
I had my Johnson S&S for 35 years and eventually the rim wears down and the coin will no longer stay closed. The m*****c version
is better.

-Bob
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
From a description given by Trickery, it is a magnetic scotch and soda (some times referred to as a magnetic silver and copper. Do a search on this, and you will find many discussions about this type of coin.

The "Ultimate Copper and silver" is essentially a SnS, but with a half dollar and an English Penny.

Each is about $30-$50.

The tricks that were shown on the demo looked fairly standard, and you would find that type of effect bundled with the UCS or magnetic scotch and soda. If you want more tricks, you could consider buying Royal Magic's 25 Amazing Magic Tricks w/a Scotch & Soda or Dime & Penny" for about $15.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 21:49, John Long wrote:
From a description given by Trickery, it is a magnetic scotch and soda (some times referred to as a magnetic silver and copper. Do a search on this, and you will find many discussions about this type of coin.

Actually, this is not an S&S, it appears to be a recent update of Eddie Gibson's Coin Unique.

I'll try to communicate with Mark as to what the differences are and report back. I hope it is the addition of a neodymium magnet as suggested by Bob. I believe that would be an improvement on Gibson's classic. Mark hasn't gotten back to me as to whether it is possible to order these in real silver coins or not.

Regards,

Alan
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I'm curious also. The adjectives used in magic marketing is terrible! Way too many "Miracles" and "Ultimates" on the market IMO!

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
This is basically Bob Swadling's Miracle Chip; the routines are all the same as on the Miracle Chip DVD with the exception of the "Shrinking Coin" effect. Price isn't bad for the coin itself. Miracle Chip gives you a non-gaffed quarter coin and poker chip for about $25 more. So $75 for the Coin Unique itself falls in-line with that.

Thanks!

Jim
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 22:10, BanzaiMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 21:49, John Long wrote:

Actually, this is not an S&S, it appears to be a recent update of Eddie Gibson's Coin Unique.

I'll try to communicate with Mark as to what the differences are and report back. I hope it is the addition of a neodymium magnet as suggested by Bob. I believe that would be an improvement on Gibson's classic. Mark hasn't gotten back to me as to whether it is possible to order these in real silver coins or not.

Regards,

Alan

Could be, I don't own this or coin unique.

The description I gave came from Howard B of Trickery, on a demo of "coin unique". He said it was a high end (modification) of a scotch and soda. Another site(Magic Warehouse?) described it on their website as "a locking magnetic US Half Dollar with a shimmed US Quarter inside it's face". Regardless, all the tricks on the demo seemed to be things that could easily be done with a magnetic SnS; except for the shrinking coin, but I could not clearly see what the effect for that was.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Maybe David Neighbors can give us some insight when he gets back to Denver.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Don’t know what coin unique is Atom? BTW, the Magic Warehouse description posted above by John is correct. Smile

Look here also. http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/money-c......2626.htm

Jim
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I guess there's no fear of exposure here!
If us magicians don't know what that means, than no one else will.

Actually, I can make a guess of what that means, and it is a slightly different way of making the coins so that the SnS effect will work with coins of very different diameters. But to me, it is essentially a magnetic SnS.

So which is better? I think there are advantages to using two American coins, but there is also some visual advantages to using coins of different colors (as with the SnS, and the ultimate copper and silver)
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I actually prefer my Miracle chip to my Gibson coin unique, but I might be interested if Mark comes up with a good price for a Walking Liberty version with neo m****ts.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 16:20, John Long wrote:
So which is better? I think there are advantages to using two American coins, but there is also some visual advantages to using coins of different colors (as with the SnS, and the ultimate copper and silver)

The "visual advantages" you refer to (along with great construction and incredible deceptiveness in the design) are the exact reasons I prefer the Miracle chip to my coin unique.

Alan
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Yes, this is basically a mag scotch and soda.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Can it be handed out like
you can with the coin unique?
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 15:54, bowers wrote:
Can it be handed out like
you can with the coin unique?

If you are talking about the Miracle Chip (JBTV Mark Mason), then I would say that I would be MORE confident handing out the gaffed Miracle Chip than I would with my Coin Unique. The deception comes with the designs on the authentic Desert Sands chip. With a coin Unique, there is a bit of a risk if the spec is looking closely at the obverse of the coin (if you have one, you know what I mean). With the Miracle Chip, the spec can study the obverse and not know the secret (particularly with the quarter verson, but the half is great too). The only limitation IMO is the gambling theme, which is somewhat hard to use with younger children - at least for me.

Alan
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 18:16, BanzaiMagic wrote:
I actually prefer my Miracle chip to my Gibson coin unique, but I might be interested if Mark comes up with a good price for a Walking Liberty version with neo m****ts.

Try E-mailing him at jbmmarkmason (at) aol.com - I had a question not that long ago and got a response later the same day.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Mark emailed me. FYI:

1. Miracle Coin Unique is made with real Neodymium m****ts, so no problem with losing strength over time like there is with Gibson's classic.

2. A coin unique made out of Walking Liberty coins is problematic because as Mark wrote to me "the pattern on the liberty will not hide the smaller quarter circle." I thought about this right after I emailed the question, and it makes sense to me, but since I use Walking Liberty coins so much I guess it was good to ask.

Still the improvement of the Neo m****ts makes this a real resource for us coin magicians. I like using my gaffs forever and I am not unwilling to pay a bit more to know that it will work years from now as good as it works now, but perhaps that is just me. Smile

Alan
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Still the improvement of the Neo m****ts makes this a real resource for us coin magicians. I like using my gaffs forever and I am not unwilling to pay a bit more to know that it will work years from now as good as it works now, but perhaps that is just me. Smile

Alan
[/quote]
I'm feel the same about my galfs too alan
todd
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Depends on how much "a bit" is!

Jim
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 23:39, J-Mac wrote:
Depends on how much "a bit" is!

Jim

Eddie Gibson Coin Unique - $55

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Magic-T......2626.htm

Miracle Coin Unique - $75

http://www.jbtvusa.com/latest-j-b-produc......-712.php

For $20 additional, I would go for it if I needed a new one. Plus, the quality of all my gaffs from Mark are pretty good and he stands behind his stuff.

Alan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Miracle Coin Unique (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL