The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cane Holder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
What type of holder do you use to hold your canes after they are produced so that they don't fall all over the place.
Thanks!
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I use strong magnet ..of course for metal canes
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would make a small metal loop painted black and little cup or can on the bottom. Mount it on the side of your suitcase table, They remove for packing. Otherwise I would have one of those expanding clothes hampers and use it for a dump bin during the show.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Back in the day when I actually produced several canes I had simple coat-hanger wire loops affixed to the side of my table (simple flat top table not the suitcase table that Richard mentions). I had a solid base (circle of wood) with small holes drilled to accept the ends of the canes. The tops tilted away from the table and made nice holders for silks from a later silk production.

By the way, I had two small 1/4-inch thick blocks drilled to accept an Fantasio appearing candles glued to the top outside edges of the table. The candles would be produced and place in the holder. Then using a match pull I'd light one and the using the old U.F. Grant "fire-flight" gimmick I'd move the flame from one candle to the other. The center of the table held a Square~Circle held above the table top on ball legs. All the canes, candles, silks (several set-up for tricks Sympathetic Silks, 20th Cent., As You Like it) came out of the small Square-Circle. Flowers were produced (four 5-bloom Abbott's), as well as a larger bottle of soda or wine (depending on the venue).

A 50-foot streamer and a large bowl of gold-fish was the finale. That table and all it's props fit into a simple suitcase for carrying. It was pretty much a whole act.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
My preference would be to hand them to Nani Darnell, but in the absence of an assistant, back in the day I took a half gallon plastic bleach bottle, cut the top and bottom out and stuck it on the side of my case table, held them fine.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I wonder if Nani Darnell was related to Carrol Darnell who was president of the El Paso magicians club back in the 40s-50s?

You said canes, how many have you got? Free standing coat/hat rack or umbrella bucket you might find in a rich persons hallway
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Nope, Darnell is a stage name her maiden name was Arens.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cane Holder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL