The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Denmark and some US States - is it true? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
In Wikipedia under Stage Hypnosis it says Stage Hypnosis is banned in Denmark and some US states.
Is it true? Which US states? and as for Denmark, anyone knows anything about it?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Kansas, though I have never heard of it being enforced.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yeah, at one time there were 8 U.S. states that still had laws on the books, however they were almost always very old laws (over or nearly 100 years old) and have never been enforced, just like "it's illegal to spit on the sidewalk" "or to ride a camel downtown on a Sunday", "or to whistle underwater" etc.

Oddly enough when performing the fair in Kansas it was brought to my attention when booked, just as a preventative measure and for my awareness(to CYA), but the state fair and many community events in Kansas have had hypnosis without incidence as it's not enforced. But I've always wondered if someone had something go wrong and it made it to the press it this law would surface and be pursued?

Also I guess hypnosis is banned and there are no grey elephants in Denmark.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
It is banned in Isreal, so far as I know. Also restricted in the UK.
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
It was banned in Ontario but believe it or not a stage hypnotist got the law repealed. I wish I could remember his name.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Smile
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 01:37, visionquest wrote:
It was banned in Ontario but believe it or not a stage hypnotist got the law repealed. I wish I could remember his name.

Can he come to the UK and sort out our mess for us?
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
I understand he is going to do just that. But he will be sorting it out for himself rather than for other performers. Expect him in September and October from what I hear on the grapevine.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Are you talking about Mark Lewis?
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
I don't think that was the name of the person. It was Raymond or Ronald something or other. To be honest I am not quite sure. A mentalist gave me the name. I will check it out and get back with the information.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Denmark and some US States - is it true? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL