The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steven Youell, the pass, and the Magic Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
So I was hanging out at the Magic Castle last night and dropped by into the bar to catch Steve's set. He comes up to me and asks me to name any sleight. I reply "a pass". He goes "Ok, I'm gonna do 20 passes in my next show". I was thinking "What a nut. But I bet he will pull it off."

And he did. It was pretty sweet. I've never seen Steve perform a color change before but he did using a classic pass. There were lots of ooh's and aah's in the audience.

If you guys ask nicely maybe he'll put his work on the pass in an upcoming CD. Those of you who haven't purchased his cd's yet really should consider it. I've been fortunate enough to see him actually use all the material on the cd's when he works the Castle and they kill. I'll be posting my thoughts on cd 2 shortly.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Come on Steve do a cd on the pass.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I will say that Steve Youell has a killer pass. I don't know many people whose hands you can look directly at, while doing the pass, and there's still nothing to see!
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
I don't normally do sleights just to do sleights-- but last night I was on a roll and felt like showing off....

Also, last night seemed to be challenge night. Some
Lady produced a deck of KEM cards and asked me to do
all my stuff with those....those are some hard things
to manipulate....

Thanks for the kind comments Charlie!

Steven Youell

Quote:
On 2003-09-28 11:21, Scott Cram wrote:
I will say that Steve Youell has a killer pass. I don't know many people whose hands you can look directly at, while doing the pass, and there's still nothing to see!

Thanks Scott, but I actually believe that there are many more people out there that
do better passes... I'm just lucky enough
to have some strong misdirection...

Steven Youell
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10881 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hey Steve sorry I missed you and the boys. I am having a blast in Sweeden.
See you when I get back and yes make a cd on the pass,if Charlie C likes it it must be awsome
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Tripwire
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Tripwire
I'm sure that any cd on the pass would be excellent. However, seeing as their are several "pass videos" out there, why not cover some more diverse material in the next cd?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steven Youell, the pass, and the Magic Castle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL