The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » And So, It Begins.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dayanara
View Profile
New user
Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of Dayanara
~*~On David Blaine:~*~
Again, I come to the defence of those who have no defense, no voice. It is not how good he is, nor how bad he is. It is not on how much money he makes. Know then, that we should support him in whatever way he comes, lest he becomes as The Unspeakable.

You all know who The Unspeakable is. Again, I speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. I care not who does what, as long as they do not reveal tricks.

~*~On More Exposure~*~
By the way, in case you all haven't figured it out before, I'm the woman that keeps defending magicians who are innocent. I'm the one who keeps WAM on their knees and off people's backs. Did I ask for a new job? NO! But I have one anyway!

There are other people to defend than the obvious. I see I have my work cut out for me. Sometimes, I think WAM's lust for the eradication of exposure is only surpassed by their stupidity.

~*~

If anyone wants to debate the above, have at it. I'm ready to do it. Prepare to be chewed up!
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
"I don't like red," said Yellow, and green said "Nor do I."

What is the WAM?
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Nuff said Valentina
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
MindExplosion,
WAM is the World Alliance of Magicians (if I recall correctly), set up, following the Masked Magician, to counter and attempt to prevent needless exposure.
It is loosely connected with the International Brotherhood of Magicians and the Society of American Magicians (again, if I recall correctly).
I don't know how effective it is.
What we really need is an organization against BAD magicians!
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I think you are mistaken and misguided Valentina, "Val and Blaine can have a voice, it does not cost anything to join the Cafe. As any professional or non-professional can join (for the record there are some top of the line pros in the cafe), this list or any of the newsgroups. There is no need to defend Val or Blaine, if this was a concern to them, they can do it on their own."

I have no beef with either of them. I can find something positive from both of them. I think your wording was a bit off the mark! This is a forum to discuss and talk and learn about our art, not to have hostile debate."

Just me.

kevin Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I agree with Peter! Smile

I believe WAM spent a fair bit of donated money on legal fees, and since another exposure show is due to air it seems their actions have been totally ineffective. I am not surprised many magicians are not aware of it. Difficult to overcome the power and money behind Fox. Better to smile and deride these shows than jump up and down in anger.

I don't think Valentino can be defended, he had his say in Magic magazine some time back, and his excuse of a damage limitation exercise is farcical beyond the first show aired.

There is nothing to defend about Blaine, you either like him or not, he certainly reached a new audience and got a lot of youngsters interested in magic. You might question some of the things he does but he has done nothing to harm magic. One dealer, rightly or wrongly, makes his living on the back of Blaine! Which I guess qualifies this post to be in the bizarre section Smile
Paul.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Debate Smile Smile

Smile Ustaad
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Paul Hallas writes: "One dealer, rightly or wrongly, makes his living on the back of Blaine! Which I guess qualifies this post to be in the bizarre section."

Now THAT'S funny! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Dayanara
View Profile
New user
Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of Dayanara
Peter,

You mean a group against bad magicians that actually is EFFECTIVE!?! Sounds good to me. I'd be more than happy to work with you on the idea.

Smile Smile Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
The best 'cure' for bad magicians...

Teach them how to do the Bullet Catch.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Don't worry Ustaad, its not a mass debate. Smile
They mean a gentlemanly argument.

Paul
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Thanks Paul. I was a bit worried. Smile

Smile Ustaad
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I THINK - Smile
A mean group against bad magicians will be more EFFECTIVE. Smile

Smile Ustaad
P.S. I am in NO mood to argue.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Philemon,
Better yet, ALMOST teach them how to do the Bullet Catch! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Bullet catch for Blaine ...Hummm Smile Smile Smile .
Before anyone gets their bloomers in a twist I am only kidding...Now that masked Magician, thats another story. Smile
Most magically yours,
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Valentina says that she speaks for and defends those who can't speak for and defend themselves. WHAT!!!?

Are David Blaine and Valentino mutes? I THINK NOT!! They can surely speak for themselves... if they so want to. Does Valentino need a spokesperson (spokeswoman)?

Valentina says, "I care not who does what, as long as they do not reveal tricks."

Valentina... if your convictions are so very important to you, then HOW can you be the soulmate of Valentino? Regarless if he VOWED ONLY TO EXPOSE OLD ILLUSIONS, he still broke the code! Money talks doesn't it? But, true character is stronger than the lure of money, of fame, of stardom.

Valentina... who are the 'UNSPEAKABLE' you are refering to?

Please let me know,
- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
I would like to know the answer to that also valentina?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The "Unspeakable" is, of course, the evil character Voldemort in the Harry Potter books. You see, if we alienate guys like Blaine and the Masked Magician, they will go over to the dark side and wreak their vengeance upon us!!

Lest you think that the cheese has finally slid off of my cracker.... well you guys bothered to participate in this thread too!

Best Regards-

Bob Cassidy
Smile
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Thank you for YOUR answer Mastermindreader...

And no, I didn't think your cheese slid off of your cracker. LOL!

Now, I'm still waiting for Valentina to jump in and give her explanations.

So, these "Unspeakables"... they're kind of like the Darth Vadar's of the magic world then? Far be it for me to start another 'Black Magik' war.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Hmm; and here I thought the "unspeakable" was a mime.
I thought the warning was clear: if you don't behave, you'll turn into a mime! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » And So, It Begins.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL