The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » The Mobius Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
alexon
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of alexon
Has anybody seen the new bill switch by Glen West? It is called the Mobius Switch. It looks quite fantastic. I believe it just came out. If you check the online magic shops you can watch the trailer.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4780 Posts

Profile of gdw
Never heard of it. Probably just some hack.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
Got it yesterday, nice idea and quite effective but you need long fingers it makes the move far easier lol.
You also can do multi bill changes and you also learn a Torn And Restord Bill which are all the same method basically .
Well worth the pennies but I still prefer Daniels Garcia's Twisted as a impromptu switch as I find it suits my hand size at the moment but it's earlier days so practise makes perfect I'm sure I'll get the moves down with Möbius , it's far more Visual !
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4780 Posts

Profile of gdw
Hmm, I'm curious about the finger length. I guess if you have REALLY big bills, or really small hands. In NO way trying to be dismissive, but I am curious.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

alexon
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of alexon
Thanks Sponge Kong. It really looks quite fantastic.
I was wondering how the learning curve is on it.
If it is a matter of long fingers-- it was made for me.
Is is something which is impossibly difficult to get down smooth and seamless or is it workable?
Is the teaching good on the DVD?
I specialize in money magic- the $100 bill switch with tt, another switch without tt, Cinch, the two dollar window, Extreme Burn. I am always looking for more effects to add to my routine.
This thing looks quite stunning!
Experience has taught me that those type of effects are the hardest to learn so I would like to know what I am in for.
Well, I would be interested in any feedback anybody can give me on this thing. But it looks like a must have.
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
Hay Alexon you sound like your very similar to my taste! I do TT and EB2.0 as well, I find it hard to beat the old school TT it just looks so clean!
I think in my small opinion that Möbius is a must and will take no time to learn BUT...... it will take a little time to get you angles down so your confident with it, if you follow Glens very clear instruction you'll have no problems . For me I'd use this effect as a one to one or two performance although you could perform for a group . As for Glen's DVD it's really great instruction and plays the moves out in sections showing moves up to speed so you can really get a feel of timing and clear step by step instruction in explanation speed. What I found to be really nice with Glen's teaching is that he doesn't over teach the moves like some trying to fill up time, just gives you what you need to know!
As you said the change is eye popping and with half the folds of the TT routine.
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
Quote:
On 2012-03-20 14:15, gdw wrote:
Hmm, I'm curious about the finger length. I guess if you have REALLY big bills, or really small hands. In NO way trying to be dismissive, but I am curious.

Hi Glen, thanks for a great Bill Switch! Can never learn enough bill switches they kill lol!!
As for your question I do have small hands which makes moves like card palming and so on a little bit of a pain, but like I mentioned it's more a case of practice than bill size
Just mean its going to be a little easier the longer your fingers.
As for a Bill change I would say its Super Visual and looks very clean!
Thanks Glen money well spent.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4780 Posts

Profile of gdw
Thanks for all the kind words. Very glad you sound like you are getting your money's worth.
Speaking of folds, it's actually one quarter the folds of the regular tt switch Smile
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks

Glenn

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4780 Posts

Profile of gdw
A fairly flattering review here, if you consider being described as looking like you're 15 flattering, particularly when your around the corner from 30:

http://illusionist.pro/the-mobius-switch......-review/.

ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
My copy should be here any day now. I know I have my work cut out for me but I can't wait to get started.
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4780 Posts

Profile of gdw

ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 14:31, gdw wrote:
I'm a penguin caricature!!!!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2657

Hi
Your caricature looks younger! ;0)
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I just finished watching the DVD. I thought Glenn did a very nice job teaching the effects on this DVD. Its well worth the money I spent. I'm excited about getting started with my practice for this effect! Some of the effect I've learned are a joy to practice and this looks like it going to be one of those.

I don't understand why this isn't more popular than it is. Thanks Glenn for a fine effect.

Ralph
James D. Miles
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4780 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 19:53, ralphs007 wrote:
Hi
I just finished watching the DVD. I thought Glenn did a very nice job teaching the effects on this DVD. Its well worth the money I spent. I'm excited about getting started with my practice for this effect! Some of the effect I've learned are a joy to practice and this looks like it going to be one of those.

I don't understand why this isn't more popular than it is. Thanks Glenn for a fine effect.

Ralph

It's still in the top ten sellers under $20 on penguin. It was on the full top sellers lost for a good while too. Got up to number 2, would have made number 1 if Justin Miller's new change had come out just a not later, lol.
Not that I wouldn't mind seeing more talk about me Smile

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4780 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 17:51, ralphs007 wrote:
Quote:

Hi

Well, there was that one review that said I looked like I was 15 on the DVD, lol. I guess my caricature must look 12.

ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 19:58, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 17:51, ralphs007 wrote:
Quote:

Hi

Well, there was that one review that said I looked like I was 15 on the DVD, lol. I guess my caricature must look 12.

I saw that review. That's why I said what I did. Sorry, I don't know what gets into me sometimes. ;0)

Ralph
James D. Miles
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4780 Posts

Profile of gdw
Lol. I getcha.

s.freeman
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of s.freeman
This looks great! I've been trying to get into more impromptu magic so I don't have to carry something with me all the time and can still put on a short show. This is going into my next purchase list!
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Can anyone tell me if this will work with Australian polymer notes?
Have to be very careful with my purchases concerning money magic with notes, so many will just not work with our currency given that:
1) Notes are mode of polymer
2) Different colours
3) Different sizes
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
It can be done with polymer notes (I still need more practice though Smile )
Only thing you need to be careful of is they like to spring back open from a folded state, but not too quickly and nothing that can't be handled.
Need to be a little careful with some angles but a great effect that can be done impromptu, with a borrowed bill, as long as you have another one of a different denomination handy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » The Mobius Switch (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL