The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ADD-ICT by Wayne Dobson (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
And anyway you get a special wallet for the effect. Even I'm sure some will keep moaning that they don't need it since they've got themselves a $500-mother-of-all-wallet-they-can't-leave-house-without.

I know that I will be also a little upset when I watch the DVD knowing I need a blank deck. But it won't flame it as a rip-off.

Anyway, it would be lovely if someone can also have their personal review here.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
The blank deck is the better routine for the lay audience as they are not familiar with it, but if purchasing one is a problem, just do the other routine !

The wallet is not gimmicked and looks exactly as it should do ie. a wallet to hold business cards. It doesn't take up much room in the pocket and after doing the effect, a card can be given out to a spectator so they can hire you for future events. The reset is instant and the cards are in the spectators hands at the end. It's a really INEXPENSIVE TRICK which also happens to be good. I can't really see what the problem is especially when I have paid a fortune over the years for wallet type tricks. Yes it doesn't have 37 different peek divises or 63 loading devises but who cares, it's a simple, clever and inexpensive way to do a standard effect.

Mike Donoghue
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 21:08, Failed Magician wrote:
I think the word "rip off" is far too strong and too exaggerating. They did say it includes the blank gimmick card and Bicycle gimmick card.

How about some DVD that teach about bill changes then? It only comes in DVD, with no necessary components. Will you also say this a rip off too?

Regarding about Add-ict, it looks pretty forward for us. It might need a basic sleight, but I think the effect is great. Of course, there are various ways to do the same routine.

I imagined someone would make a similar comparison. However, a bill is in everyone's home. A blank deck? Sure it's easily attainable, but most have to order it, as the corner brick and mortars are not around. "Bill In Lemon" doesn't come with fruit, but easily picked up at any one of the 40 groceries in town. What if you were to purchase the "Vanishing Silk" and only receive the silk (why, surely everyone has a TT, right?). I just feel, like many have expressed in other threads re other products, that selling an incomplete effect that is easily "made complete" by the producer, is below standard. By the way, I also have the utmost respect for these guys, I just won't purchase due to this.
Ogre1234
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Canada
92 Posts

Profile of Ogre1234
I see the point being made here. When I ordered the "Prohibition" dvd, it didn't come with the ring, bottle or even the cap! Imagine my surprise when I received the Kozlowski Bill Switch manuscript and it didn't come with a TT or even a bill! And who can forget the times that we ordered the card to wallet and it didn't even come with a deck of cards! And how can these torn and restored dvds expect me to destroy my own cards.

Why would I be expected to order a blank deck at the same time as ordering this dvd and wallet? That would take an extra mouse click!

I hope this business card wallet at least has a voucher so I don't have to pay for my own business cards, or that would be taking it too far!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Am I correct in saying that the prediction card is the same all the time?

Thanks,
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
You can't win can you? Release it with the deck for an extra few quid and some people moan that they have a blank deck and are ripped off and forced to buy one with this effect.

Don't include it and have this.

You guys are unbelievable.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I agree Chris, makes one wonder how they get by day to day and not get choked lol
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
....oops, "rip-off" may have been too strong, I apologize for that! Disappointing may have been a better choice.
It does seem strange though, in a trick where the spectator climax is a blank deck, that it would not be included.
Other similar marketed tricks, "13" from Howard Hamburg is a good example, comes complete and ready to go
to perform the effect as described.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Maybe we should move this on with the following;

This trick does not contain a blank deck, the choice to buy is yours and yours alone.

Keep the questions and reviews coming........
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
The real test is to do it at 4 events over the weekend (at least 15 times at each) and then see if it's any good. If it gets a good response and it's easy to get in and out of then the small amount of money paid for it is well worth it.
Also as you should be charging a decent fee to the companiies who employ you, I don't think 6 or 7 pound for a blank deck even comes into it.
Mike Donoghue
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
So no one wants to say if the prediction card is the same or has to be the same everytime????
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I would love to see an uncut demo.
Not to work out the method but just to see how natural the handling actually is.

Then if I like if I will buy it.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:
On 2012-03-20 19:13, roblane wrote:
I LOVE the look of this! I've taken the plunge ( not much of a risk with Wayne & Marks names to it). I'll let you know what I think once it arrives.

I really look forward to your review Rob when you get a moment......
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Will do Luke, once I receive it. I ordered from Mark, so It'll take a week I guess from the U.S. Noticed yesterday it's on WMS!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Just received mine from Mark at JB Magic
It was sent just 5 days ago and Mark actually subsidises postage to the U.K unlike some Magic
Dealers like Hocus Pocus who charge what they like.
Great trick easy to do and very well priced for what you receive.
RNK in answer to your question the Blank deck routine which is the one I like best.
You can have any card you prefer and can change it each time you perform
Recomend this trick highly and Mark and Tricia Masons service is brilliant
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks John for the response. Mine is on it's way!

RNK
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 11:11, GeneTony wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 10:07, rockwall wrote:
From the demo video, it's pretty obvious where the work is being done. (To us at least) Since that part is cut out, I can't tell how unlikely it would be for the audience member to back track and figure out what happened. thoughts?

Exactly my thoughts. Won't purchase effects that cut out the vital parts. It always leads to disappointment. I don't care whether or not it's easy for magicians to figure out. I just want to be able to judge whether or not the handling will work with my own style.

very true, I do the same thing now after getting burned many times

tricky edits and cuts means in most cases you will get the item and never use it
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Is it pretty much self working or is sleight of hand involved? thanks
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Brehaut, I just received this, and would characterize it as self-working. I think it should play really well to lay folks... recommended.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2012-03-22 10:04, Christopher Congreave wrote:
You can't win can you? Release it with the deck for an extra few quid and some people moan that they have a blank deck and are ripped off and forced to buy one with this effect.

Don't include it and have this.

You guys are unbelievable.

I don't think the problem is that it doesn't come with a blank deck. The problem is that the advertising says that it does come with a blank deck. If you're not going to provide a blank deck don't say that you will.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ADD-ICT by Wayne Dobson (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL