We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental maths (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

carldourish
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of carldourish
I'm searching for an effect whereupon the mentalist asks someone to call out a number between 33 and 99. After a short period the mentalist turns a board around and the number called out, adds up in the corners, across, in the middle, ever which way it totals what the person called out. I think it may be called total destiny, am I correct?

Cheers

carl
BlackSalt
View Profile
New user
Canada
76 Posts

Profile of BlackSalt
Cal,

It sounds to me like you want a system to perform a magic square routine.

See Corinda’s 13 Steps To Mentalism, page 65.

For a very simple square used as a climax to an incredibly effective routine see page 182 of Ted Lesley’s Paramiracles.

Best regards,
BlackSalt
Smile
Michael BlackSalt
A Vacation For The Mind!
www.blacksalt.ca
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
I'm searching for an effect whereupon the mentalist asks someone to call out a number between 33 and 99. After a short period the mentalist turns a board around and the number called out, adds up in the corners, across, in the middle, ever which way it totals what the person called out. I think it may be called total destiny, am I correct

cheers

carl

If you're looking for the specific trick called Total Destiny, check out Meir Yedid's line of magic. He's the one who puts it out.

The standard presentation, though, is not the creation of a magic square. Rather, the square starts out filled, several numbers are chosen and totaled, and then the magician shows that the correct total was predicted.

Now, the nature of the prop is such that it can be used as you suggest, for the creation of magic squares. Meir even suggests this use in the instructions of Total Destiny.

To find out more about magic squares and various resources concerning them, check out Magic Café member Mark Farrar's website, which has a great magic square section.
jeline
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore
150 Posts

Profile of jeline
Corinda's is a great place to start. However, I feel as if there are some drawbacks to that method. There is plenty of information about magic squares out there. One of the best booklets I've seen with a great method - especially if you're doing the effect for walk around is Doug Dyment's Mindsight

http://www.oratory.com/deceptionary/mindsights.html

Try it!
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
You could check out my own website, which has quite a few pages on Magic Squares.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental maths (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL