The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What to learn from the Complete works of Derek Dingle » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I just recently bought this book, but like kaufmans publications no effects are listed at all. I usually like to look at an effect and see if it is even worth the time of going through and learning it. I see that a lot of the material is cards, which is ok, but there are some neat coin things also. Since this is the card forum, what should I learn from this book? If you could put page number that would be great.

Thanks,
Ben
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
There are some great sleights in here. In my opinion, the best being his double lift. For effects, I like his collector's, Slow Motion Aces, All Backs with Selection, Regal Royal Flush and others, but I don't have the book in front of me.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4877 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Add to that Rollover Aces, Oil and Water, and Quadraconvincing Triumph.
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Thanks guys for the info. I just learned silver quick which is his coins across and it is excellent. I will look through the other tricks tonight.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Quote:
On 2003-09-28 20:41, The Original Countelmsley wrote:
Add to that Rollover Aces, Oil and Water, and Quadraconvincing Triumph.

I do like his Oil and Water (I think it's called Oil and Vinegar) and Quadraconvincing Triumph is ok, eventhough it has too many shuffles to be my favorite version of triumph. Anything over one shuffle in a triumph routine is unneccesary in my opinion. Rollover Aces is good, but once again, requires a lot of shuffles. I haven't put in the time to learn Rollover Aces sufficiently yet, so it's really easy for me to say that there are too many shuffles. I imagine once someone puts in the effort required to perfect the effect, they would have to say that the shuffling is worth it!!!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27242 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Ben, that's really alot to ask of folks. What may work for some might not work for you. Given the variety in that tome perhaps you could take some time and try EVERYHING in the book and ask for preferences after.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:

Please submit any further comments to this pre-existing thread on the same subject.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What to learn from the Complete works of Derek Dingle » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL