The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Your favorite coin holdouts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Great idea Calvin, thank you.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
BuddhaStephy
View Profile
New user
Nevada USA
79 Posts

Profile of BuddhaStephy
Precept Magic has 2 different sized holdouts. The Subterfuge Magic System can also be a very useful tool that can really help clean up ditches and you do not need long sleeves or clothing requirments.
If you have any questions let me know.

link for Subterfuge Magic System- http://www.preceptmagic.com/product/subterfuge-magic-system

link for the holdouts- http://www.preceptmagicshop.com/servlet/the-New/Categories
preceptmagic.com
Serious Tools For Serious Magicians
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
If you liked the rectangular gum package idea, try this one:

candy stores like "Powells" will carry metal mint cases that are very thin (1/3" thick) but wider and longer than a deck of cards. Stick a few magnetic disks in the inside of the case and slip it into your back pocket. You can adjust the placement of the magnets inside the thin mint box. now you have a holdout that also holds mints. Talk about multi-tasking!

caL
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have a huge mag size of cigarette pkg and just put in my rear pocket. Great bill switch routine putting large paper clip on folded bill.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6755 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 15:43, BuddhaStephy wrote:
Precept Magic has 2 different sized holdouts...

link for Subterfuge Magic System- http://www.preceptmagic.com/product/subterfuge-magic-system

link for the holdouts- http://www.preceptmagicshop.com/servlet/the-New/Categories

Ya know, the more I look at this the more I like it! I do not wear a ring, so that's out. However, for those of you who DO...ya might wanna take a closer look...

Doug
BuddhaStephy
View Profile
New user
Nevada USA
79 Posts

Profile of BuddhaStephy
Thank you Doug. I appreciate your suppport Smile
preceptmagic.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Cal, I bought some gum. And magnets from an arts & craft store. They weren't strong enough. SO I put some double-stick tape on the back of my Super Coin, attaching it inside the pack where I prefer. Works perfect! Minty fresh! AND I have an extra coin to use. Thanks for sharing your idea!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Yeah, the magnets from the arts and crafts stores are not strong enough. The Neodymiums work best and can be purchased from the internet or ebay. But it seems like you have a work around. I am glad it worked for you.

:o)
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
http://www.kjmagnetics.com is my resource for strong, durable and MANY different sizes of neo magnets.

Great ideas listed above. I will have to try some of the home-style versions!

I have long used the magnet in the pocket idea, as well as other similar ideas. As far as the commercial versions, I have only tried the Trabucco and it gets my vote too.
Preacherman
View Profile
New user
Montana, where I've facetiously added
66 Posts

Profile of Preacherman
@BuddhaStephy, what about any noise with the SMS? I don't like some of the PK rings because of the noise that you have to cover (I know, I'm picky). It sounds like there are several options available with the SMS, did they take noise into account?

JD
"The right hand is, of course, the hand with the thumb to the left side." Fred Kaps

"A little magic now and then never hurts" Grandpa Munster
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ Thanks for the magnets link.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea looks Cool man! Thanks.
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
No problem! There are a lot of things you can do with those "odd-shaped" magnets that they carry. Just think outside the box a little...
BuddhaStephy
View Profile
New user
Nevada USA
79 Posts

Profile of BuddhaStephy
Quote:
On 2012-04-30 09:13, Preacherman wrote:
@BuddhaStephy, what about any noise with the SMS? I don't like some of the PK rings because of the noise that you have to cover (I know, I'm picky). It sounds like there are several options available with the SMS, did they take noise into account?

JD

There is absolutely NO noise with the SMS. Although it is a PK system it does not use a fragile PK ring and the ring is not ma****ic. If you would like some more detailed info PM me and I would be happy to answer any of your questions.
preceptmagic.com
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
As for noise, any time you have one hard surface contacting another hard surface in your hand, you need a combination of tension vrs relaxation when sliding one object onto the other without noise.

The analogy is similar to David Neigbor's soft palming.

cAL
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
BuddhaStephy
View Profile
New user
Nevada USA
79 Posts

Profile of BuddhaStephy
With the SMS the noise thing is covered because there are never two hard surfaces coming together like it would if you say... used a PK ring. SMS is NOT a PK ring or anything close to it. That is the wicked, sneaky, wonderful, beauty of it Smile
preceptmagic.com
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
[quote]On 2012-04-30 07:23, Dr_J_Ayala wrote:
http://www.kjmagnetics.com is my resource for strong, durable and MANY different sizes of neo magnets.

I have ordered magnets from them. Great stuff!
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of webtech
Quote:
On 2012-05-07 03:35, BuddhaStephy wrote:
With the SMS the noise thing is covered because there are never two hard surfaces coming together like it would if you say... used a PK ring. SMS is NOT a PK ring or anything close to it. That is the wicked, sneaky, wonderful, beauty of it Smile

Yes but the ring is always suspicious looking. Even to a lay person.
BuddhaStephy
View Profile
New user
Nevada USA
79 Posts

Profile of BuddhaStephy
I am not too sure about that. My husbands wedding ring is actually one of the SMS rings. I also wear one on my right middle finger and I have never had anyone question me about it, even when I perform with the SMS. We also waer them all of the time so maybe everyone sees them on our fingers every time they see us so it doesn't seem suspicious. If you are thinking about the suspicious nature of your ring people might pick up on that... but I really don't know many people that don't wear rings and the new SMS ring has a very "in" look. It looks more like a darker titanium type designer ring. Maybe it is because it is so fashionable looking, we haven't had too much of an issue with this at all.
preceptmagic.com
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2649 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
For my Jumbo Coin Load, I simply use one of these 'spring-top purses' pinned upside down near the lower edge of my jacket:

http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh0......1#a10691

Clearly, this method could be used for easily obtaining other coins too.

It may be a skinflint solution but you know what - it works! Smile
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Your favorite coin holdouts (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL