The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Majestic Hydro Die by Magic Wagon (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
For all you Magic Wagon fans, I just received an email about this item just reeased by them, Majestic Hydro Die.
Looks to be the usual amazing Magic Wagon quality (and probably the usual limited quantity)
Not a new effect for sure, but looks really pretty...

http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=112&pa=10
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I received that email also.
very nice looking product.
and also probaley very deceiving too
todd
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Unfortunately, they have already sold out. I wonder what their production quantities were. I know they are very limited and tend to sell out fast. The old saying, "you snooze, you lose".
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
I spoke with Magic Wagon yesterday and they only made 50 Majestic Hydro Die. For serious collectors of Magic Wagon items I still have a few Die Abolical and Mental Case that they exclusively made for me.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I was one of the lucky ones that bought (or should I say 'could buy'?) Majestic Hydro Die. My first Magic Wagon effect and hopefeully it will be as good (and not too hard to perform Smile ) as everyone says about their previous items. I will post a review when I received it.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Thanks for the heads up, Tony, just ordered up one...
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
This is my personal routine for the Hydro Die mini Illusion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp35FW6L04s

I have found several versions of this magic trick: from Magiro in the past and now from Magic Wagon (Majestic Hydro Die). And I think it was part of the Howard Schwarzman's Limited Editions???......not sure.

It's a nice piece of vintage micro magic.....a vanishing and transpo illusion.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I received the package yesterday ... I am blown away with the craftmanship of this trick ... it looks absolutely AWESOME - all is brass and glass. You even get a nice litle small glass bottle to fill with water and fill the glass vial/tube when performing the trick.

The method is diabolical, I was pleasantly surprised with the method and handling which isn't hard to do at all. With some easy sleight of hand everything can be examined afterwards.

However ... I can't perform the trick because the girls and guys from Magic Wagon forgot to include the dice in my package ... AUWCH! I e-mailed them two days ago but they haven't responded yet ... fingers crossed because those of you who own the trick know how important the dice are Smile
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 06:49, Killertweety wrote:
I received the package yesterday ... I am blown away with the craftmanship of this trick ... it looks absolutely AWESOME - all is brass and glass. You even get a nice litle small glass bottle to fill with water and fill the glass vial/tube when performing the trick.

The method is diabolical, I was pleasantly surprised with the method and handling which isn't hard to do at all. With some easy sleight of hand everything can be examined afterwards.

However ... I can't perform the trick because the girls and guys from Magic Wagon forgot to include the dice in my package ... AUWCH! I e-mailed them two days ago but they haven't responded yet ... fingers crossed because those of you who own the trick know how important the dice are Smile

I have spoken to Magic Wagon and they sent the missing dice to you yesterday.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
... it looks absolutely AWESOME - all is brass and glass...

It looks AWESOME, indeed... but it is mainly made of resin (It might look like brass, I agree) Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Very nice transposition!
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 01:42, magic patagonia wrote:
This is my personal routine for the Hydro Die mini Illusion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp35FW6L04s

GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing! Smile
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Killertweety....it is resin or brass?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 00:15, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:
... it looks absolutely AWESOME - all is brass and glass...

It looks AWESOME, indeed... but it is mainly made of resin (It might look like brass, I agree) Smile

Oh! And BTW, the glass vial is also beautiful...but it is plexiglass... Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 23:58, Tony Curtis wrote:

I have spoken to Magic Wagon and they sent the missing dice to you yesterday.

Tony Curtis

Very kind of you Tony - thank you very much Smile I also got an e-mail from them because I told them about my litle problem.

I have taken a closer look and it seems it is not 100 % brass - it feels heavy and sturdy like brass, but I think it is either painted (very nicely) or brass-covered. The vial is plexi-glass indeed. The litle jar/bottle you get with it is definately glass Smile

By the way, have you guys seen this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAJESTIC-HYDRO-D......89190163 ?

Stunning ... and perhaps even disrespectfull to us magic collectors and magicians in my opinion. Seems like Magic Wagon items are being bought only to sell them for a much higher price. Tony, it seems you have a good contact with Magic Wagon - perhaps you can notify them of this buyer ... it is a shame, really. While what he does is not really 'dishonest' by all means, I find this to be awfull.
Of course when someone buys a rare item when it comes out and sells it several years later and makes some profit (because of collectors value/high demand) you can't blame them, but this is an interely different case here I think.
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
I was fortunate enough the buy the hydo-die and am in love with the craftsmanship and the effect (as with other Magic-Wagon items. With that being said -- there already is a "scalper" on ebay selling the Hydro Die for $450. I think it is an absolute shame that those of us who want to buy MW items might lose out to people like this guy. It's just not right. I know people can buy and sell magic from each other -- but not at scalper's rates. You can find the item on ebay by searching Magic Wagon... I nearly fell out of my chair. Being sold by R&L Magic Sellers. Make you own decision if you'll ever buy from them again!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAJESTIC-HYDRO-D......33185113
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Nice to know someone agrees Magringo - seems we both posted only 2 minutes apart Smile
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
Killertweety -- thank you also... I bought a few things from Magic Wagon from this guy ... but the price were then reasonable and were sold some time after they came out... selling the Hydro Die like this is horrible... pure greed.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Magic Wagon released at least 8 items made of resin until now. Many of those look really nice... But Majestic Hydro Die probably beats them all (it does look like precious metal or brass!). I also like a lot their resin "Golden Sphinx", "Mummy Mystery" and "The Scarab", each of those being highly prized collectables! Smile

magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

I have The Scarab and I think that to "read" the selection it uses the same method than the Golden Sphinx......the props are beauuuuuutiful....but I really don't like the method.......I just don't find it very ingenious and it is hard to do it smoothly without been discovered........somebody share this opinion?.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Majestic Hydro Die by Magic Wagon (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL