The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blindfold Routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of nimrod
What is your favourite blindfold routine ?
And lets get more creative than revealing objects taken from the audience (which is still, however, one of the strongest things you can do with a blindfold).

Nimrod , Israel
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Blindfolds are outdated. Smile
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Really ? you must hurry and inform Lior Manor, Tim Conover and Marc Salem about that. those fools are still using it.

Nimrod , Israel
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
In putting together a routine, its important that it 1) build, and 2) not have any phase of it wear out its welcome.

As to how long the routine can be will depend on the scripted material and the skill of the performer as a performer. I've seen psychometry acts that drag after three revelations. I've also seen full on 20+ minute psychometry acts that were riviting all the way through.

I don't believe the answer is to find new things to reveal, per se, although that can give the act a fresh and more contemporary feel (example: cell phone rings during the show - the blindfolded mentalist divulges the incoming phone number - and this isn't that difficult).

Just a few ideas.

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2003-09-29 19:44, Dr_Zodiac wrote:
Blindfolds are outdated. Smile

Could have fooled me! I get some pretty good bookings with my blindfold routine.

Guess it's working for all those old fogies at places like Siemans, Kraft Foods, Serta Mattress, McDonald's Corporation, PCS, Discover Card Services and the like. Smile

"Durn this lumbago!" - Bugs Bunny ;D

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1304 Posts

Profile of Colin
I saw Marc Salem perform this live a few months ago, and even though I knew the method, he still amazed me with how much he managed to get out of it!

He has so many psychological touches built into it, he makes it a masterpiece!

Best Wishes.

Colin
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
McDonalds is outdated? Smile

And blindfolds are for wussies, I actualy remove my eyes with a nail file. And just to make sure I can't see anything I put them in my pocket!

Anyone who wants to use this effect needs my permission.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Shrink, LOL. I'm glad someone gets my humor.
Nurse_Scorpio
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Nurse_Scorpio
Don't forget pouring scalding wax into your empty eye socket.

Don't be silly and put on your glasses after this eye removal procedure. It will ruin your credibility.
Scorpio The magic is within you! TM
Read more about me reading the President's mind and how the Secret Service interrogated me for nine days: www.NurseScorpio.com
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Curious that many do not seem to notice that it seems that everyone is doing blindfold work now. Hmmm, and no one sees the comparisons to cookie cutter magicians and the lay public who hears magician and assumes they are all alike. A vision of the future perhaps?

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Gee, I guess my sarcasm and attempts at irony went flat.

Oh well.

Now WHERE did I put that steel blindfold that everyone who sees it refers to it as a mirrored visor? Smile

I have to do a blindfold walk at a trade show in Orlando at the end of the month!

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Oh guys look, I have a fan!

Very nice. You made Diet Coke spew from my nose in laughter. Thank you. Wow, that Scorpios one handsome guy!

Whats the old saying? Never is publicity good nor bad, as long as they are still taking. Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

Nice going Scorpio, whens the site coming up?

Smile
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
[quote]On 2003-10-01 17:47, Dr_Zodiac wrote:

Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

Thanks Mr.Zodiac

Just kidding, I know you can take it Smile

Take care

Kuffs

Click here to view attached image.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Quote:
On 2003-10-01 13:54, Thoughtreader wrote:
Curious that many do not seem to notice that it seems that everyone is doing blindfold work now...Hmmm, and no one sees the comparisons to cookie cutter magicians and the lay public who hears magician and assumes they are all alike. A vision of the future perhaps?

Hasn't it always been this way Paul? the only difference being perhaps there are more around now!
Tony Brent
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando, Florida
156 Posts

Profile of Tony Brent
Paul,

I've been looking for Jack Dean's "Phychic Sight". I didn't pick up on the "Stagecraft" portion of your address at the bottom of your post until I went to your website. I realize now that you purchased Jack's company. I knew Jack when I lived in Memphis back in the 1990's. He was a great man. I'll contact you shortly to place an order.

Best,
Tony Brent
Devaney & Brent
http://www.dandbcomedy.com
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
This whole situation brings to mind Corinda's 13 steps, where by he states everyone performer should be or have some recognizable trait or personality. that's awesome! Thanks again!
thought it died.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Paul notes that "everybody" is doing blidnfold routines now.

Bummer, from my point of view, as I've only been doing a blindfold routine for about 25 years.

One of these days, I'm going to find someone who can UNTIE these (*^!%# KNOTS!!!

;)

On topic for a sec, one thing I do with this gimmick is have the last person who brings up an item hand it to me on a plate. I then divine what it is and then, after some expression of worry, WALK it BACK to its owner in the audience.

I make sure I have the audience warn me if I'm going to trip over anything and actually DO stumble and almost fall at least once.

Doing that adds some realism, if you are a good actor - or actually can't see!

Relating the finding of the person to the art of dowsing adds to it as well.

Just some thoughts for you all to read. Smile

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
The thing about blindfolds, you don't have to act to much if you close your eyes now and again as you will actually be blind!
Nurse_Scorpio
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Nurse_Scorpio
Is it me or am I the only one to see the irony in Paul's post?
Scorpio The magic is within you! TM
Read more about me reading the President's mind and how the Secret Service interrogated me for nine days: www.NurseScorpio.com
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Scorpio use those mentalism abilities, and maybe you'll understand.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Blindfold Routines (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL