The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anybody get anything "cool" lately? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Do tell Smile.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I was at a local magic auction yesterday and picked up a non Tenyo item that I think would be of interest to Tenyo fans. The effect is "The Thief and The Four Policeman" by Marcelo Contento (best known for his card fountains). It is essentially a version of Sandwich Platter with beautifully made wood laminate plaques instead of the plastic ones in the Tenyo version. The routine Marcelo provides is diffrent then the Tenyo routine, however the Tenyo version can be performed with these plaques. No longer produced but worth keeping your eye out for in the used market or possibly some shops may have old stock.

I have also ordered a "deluxe" version of Squeeze Play I found and will let you know how that works out.

John
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
I bought a new freezer. Does that count? Smile
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
Sure! It's amazing what it can do. You put in a cup of water, you count till sixty about 30 times and... Magic, the water in the cup has turned to ice!!! Smile
ninku10
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of ninku10
I got my first tenyo product, the crystal pyramid from maxello! I will be receiving my parabox soon.
The crystal pyramid I received do not work quite smoothly even with the smallest coin I can find. It sometimes jam while sliding down. Not too cool though.😞
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
AFAIK, the version Maxello's selling is NOT Tenyo... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I got a Crystal Pyramid from Maxello and it is Genuine Tenyo as far as I can tell.

I has a green base and the base has the Tenyo Markings. It is in the cello bag with the aqua card and the backing paper and instruction look correct.

I am confident that it is genuine because I am comparing it to one I bought locally just recently and everything is an exect match.

AA
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 08:32, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
I got a Crystal Pyramid from Maxello and it is Genuine Tenyo as far as I can tell.

That might be true, but my point was that ninku seemed to have just purchased his copy from Maxello's....

Quote:
On 2012-03-27 05:53, ninku10 wrote:
I got my first tenyo product, the crystal pyramid from maxello!

...and the only ones they're currently selling are "Asian versions", not listed under Tenyo...

So when did you buy yours, John?
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
ninku10
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of ninku10
Mine has this engraving "CREATED and MANUFACTURED by TENYO JAPAN at the bottom of the purple base. It should be a geniune one,isn't it?
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
276 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
I just purchased and Crystal Pyramid from Maxello's (it arrived yesterday) as far as I can tell it has all the markings of a genuine Tenyo effect. It's in the cello bag with the aqua card and the backing paper and the glossy paper instructions.

As for your Crystal Pyramid ninku10, if it says "CREATED and MANUFACTURED by TENYO JAPAN" it's probably genuine. The only thing I'm curious, is how did you manage to get a Crystal Pyramid with a purple base? I thought they're supposed to be quite rare (at least according to Stereo's website).
ninku10
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of ninku10
I thought so too as I had read about that colour being very uncommon. Hence I think it might not be that rare?? Anyone has any idea about the purple colour?

I am loving the first tenyo item I purchase. The mechanism behind it is quite unique and brilliant.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Interesting...does 'Asian' has something to do with the base colour, maybe?
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I bought my Crystal Pyramid from Maxello about a month or so ago.

AA
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I just found two Geometrick in a second hand store. For EUR 11.50 each I thought one can't go wrong buying them....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
macmac
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of macmac
Last year I bought 6 Brand New Mini Morphosis from a Magic shop in UK for £16 each. He didn't have them on display but had them stored in crates along with other magic in the back of the shop to make way for new stock. couldn't believe my luck! I only have 2 left now!!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I just bought four Astro Tubes from a guy out of his car trunk for $10 each... wait a second I'm waking up... it was just a dream.
jcs013
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of jcs013
I just received a Time Capsule, Chinese Sticks, ESP Board, and Milk Tumbler...very good condition...3 original boxes...
DLF
View Profile
Regular user
LA via NYC
145 Posts

Profile of DLF
I just got a coin fan, OI and original packaging.
Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Since today is the 1st of April, I will starting out with new Tenyo searches, but last month was so good, there are not many left to get.

Last month I got Rainbow Silks (US Flag Version), Invisible Man, Astro Tube, Space Walking Coins, Crossroads, Melting Loops, Clyde, Sidetrack, Ninja Experiment, Up and Down Ball and some other box trick with Japanese writing and 6 sponge doggies and some more I can't think of right now.

I know many of these are hard to get, but I had no problem getting them and at good prices most were under $100.

The ones I am having a hard time getting is Pillars of Thor, Flash Dice and Crazy Spots.

AA
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
When I was in London last week I found 6 (!) brand new sealed Floating Ladies Smile

Willing to trade with some of my holy grails I never was able to find:
- Invisible Zone
- Crystal Cleaver
- Tower Of Dice
- Cloud Money
- The Third Eye

A brand new SEALED Invisible Deck (Bicycle preferably) is also fine, they're impossible to get here in Belgium Smile

If interested pm me - I'm only willing to trade today. Tommorow I will only sell for 25 USD each.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anybody get anything "cool" lately? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL