The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anybody get anything "cool" lately? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 14:24, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
This is a picture of Nicolino's Nightstand.

Wow!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/uploa......enyo.jpg

Look at all those sealed minty Ninja Experiments and Eye of the Idols. They are worth a forune in BNIP !!!
ninku10
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of ninku10
I'm salivating just looking at those idols!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2841 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
What's the current 'rate' for a mint Idol resp. Ninja?

BTW, this is not my nightstand!
And: no, this isn't either my desk... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
An opened but nice Ninja Experiment went for $262 on the auction site yesterday.

Shrink-wrapped ones got to be over $300 at least.

That's $2400 just for the Ninjas in that picture.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2225 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 18:05, simcoscor wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-26 02:24, that'sCool wrote:
Anybody get anything "cool" lately?
Do tell Smile.

Does it has to be something from Tenyo? Can it be a non Tenyo item invented by a Tenyo enthusiast? Smile

OK, here it is. It's called Portable Hole, and it's a stunner. Briefly : ask a spectator to think of a card. Draw a "Poratable hole" with a black felt marker on the top card of the deck (yea, kind of ACME's portable hole used by the coyote to trap the Road Runner...remember?). You "peel" the hole off (no trace of the hole on the top card anymore!) and throw it into the deck... The cards are fanned, the spectator removes his mentally / freely chosen card... IT NOW HAS A LARGE HOLE THRU IT!!! All the other cards are shown, none have holes...only the spectator's one has a large hole thru it!
Coolest thing I received for a while. It's so clever, and so easy to do! I learn it in less then five minutes. I showed this to my wife (after no more than 10 minutes of practice) and she was floored! She asked me to bring it to our next cruise (usually she allows me to bring 4 or 5 of my most powerfull effects... Smile ).
I wish I would find 2 or 3 tricks as cool as this on in the Tenyo's lineup next year...

Where can you get this? Well. One choice is from Hank Lee' Factory. Quite expensive, but credit card accepted. No tracking number on delivery.

A better choice would be to ask directly to the creator of this wonderful effect. I don't know if he still has some in his basement... but if you offer him a Floating Lady or a Super Stick, I'm sure he will make one specially for you. Smile

Portable Hole comes from the devious mind of our mate JM Talbot. And it's a stunner, believe me. Seriously, I don't know if it's still available anymore, somewhere. I think it was popular some 10 or 15 years ago, but I had the chance to get one only recently. I just wanted to share...
Magic Wagon Secret Sessions thread : Table of contents
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have buy one Portable Hole at magicnevin now. Thank you for this highlight simcoscor. I'm very proud to soon have one trick invented by Jm Talbot !!
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
ACME Portable Hole video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbpeZkoKi3o
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2841 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
NO!
Not that video....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks Simon for mentioning my Trick. Felix is right that video is a poor example of performing the effect... although the kid is cute doing it. Mark Mason has a video of his performance which is great. I have sold 1000's of that effect over the years. Very commercial and easy to do. Unfortunately I do not sell them myself anymore (although I would make a special one as Simon mentioned above <g>) but many dealers carry it. I am now putting the finishing touches on version 2.

A few of you have my "Bic-O-Vison" which is a more Tenyo like effect.

Simon also has a number of commercial effects including a killer mentalism effect called "Oraculum". I would encourage you to reach out to him for more details on that and a few other effects he has.

Cheers,

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I should have said Simon aka Simcoscor.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2841 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
His Psy-Key-Spy also looks great!!!
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Portable Hole 2.0 (it will still be easy to do I hope John?) and Psy-Key-Psy are hereby on my official 'wishlist' for the next couple of months Smile I will sent you a pm Simon because it seems Hank Lee is the only one who has it for sale and I've read some disturbing stories about this shop on Themagiccafe ... .

I for one have Bic-O-Vision from JM - I got it for FREE with a trade we did in the past - thanks again John! Great effect, very ingenious gimmick(s)!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks David, Version 2 is actually even easier and the original is super easy. I need to get off my rear and make Version 2 happen. To be honest I got a little burned on the original so my desire to jump into magic marketing again has been diminished.

John
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2225 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 14:53, J M Talbot wrote:
I have sold 1000's of that effect over the years.

Well, that explains how you get this Rolls-Royce…
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 21:08, J M Talbot wrote:
Version 2 is actually even easier and the original is super easy.

How the heck can it be easier than the original !?
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 14:53, J M Talbot wrote:
A few of you have my "Bic-O-Vison" which is a more Tenyo like effect.

Sorry, I tend to disagree with you, John aka JM Talbot. I also have your Bic-O-Vision, and it is indeed a Masterpiece of magic. OK, it’s mostly “plastic”, so one may think it’s Tenyo alike. In my opinion, it’s more like a mix of MAX Maven, Eugene Burger and Max Krause kind of effect. The distinctiveness of this "trick" relies on it's methodology, rather than its "gimmicks" (even if there is plenty of "gimmickeries" in it). I can see it as a complete magic lesson in itself. Many, many things to learn and appreciate from Bic-O-Vision. I rather do a review of it in the "inner thought" section of the Café, downstairs… If one's not willing to concentrate, understand and learn what magic is all about, well, you can achieve the same effect with Tenyo's Lucky Rabbit (which is also a masterpiece, and a collector's item!).
Portable hole is more Tenyo's alike IMO, even if Tenyo rarely releases "card tricks". It is easier to learn (in any language), easier to do (as an example, for a cute 9 years old kid... PH V1 is great, even if not done properly as in the video above), might be a collector's item (when JM Talbot will become famous, shouldn't take too long), etc.
Seriously, you should get John's Portable Hole AND Bic-O-Vision... Just my 2¢

Just offer him a new-factory-sealed-Floating-Lady-in-leather-ware... Smile
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2225 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Thanks for your comments about Oraculum, Psy-Key-Spy, etc, guys. Smile Killertweety, just sent you a post...
Simon
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 18:33, that'sCool wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 14:24, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
This is a picture of Nicolino's Nightstand.

Wow!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/uploa......enyo.jpg

Look at all those sealed minty Ninja Experiments and Eye of the Idols. They are worth a forune in BNIP !!!

This is the black table with white tiles, and metallic curtain of Amazing Azam on the photo ( we can see it on soft coin sword photos)... so looks to be photo of Azam Nightstand ! Nice ! So good karma !
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Not my night table but my drawing board.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-04-14 11:18, The Amazing Azzam wrote:

We have a hoarder amongst us that buys out tricks to sell and leaves none for people who really want the trick for their collection. I wonder who that might be?

I see you have buy 9 new Ninja Experiment and more than 10 Eyes of idols, you speak about you ?
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
That is 9 Ninjas and 13 Idols if you count the opened ones.

I can guarantee you don't get stuff like that by acting like a selfish jerk. I can also guarantee that you do not get items like this by offering or expecting low prices. I always pay fair prices and do my best to trade and sell fairly.

Funny thing is I took the picture for your blog. I guess I will use it in the Tenyo section of my website.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Check out the cool colored pencils in the opened Ninja. They are the perfect size and have a wood grain design. I just picked them up recently and will be getting some more to include with the sealed trick since they do not come with pencils.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anybody get anything "cool" lately? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.6 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL